Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Last game we sent Stewart in at 3 as a pinch hitter and this one we did the same with Henry. And between them they managed just one run.
  • Options
    Someone needs to dig in and the others bat around him.

156 should be gettable!
  • Options
    Denly out 46-3
  • Options
    46-3
  • Options
    54-4

Not looking good
  • Options
    Bell-Drummond needs to step up. Kuhn needs to do what he does in the one day stuff and stay there.
  • Options
    Why was Henry batting at 3? Night watchman? Not done a great job if so!
  • Options
    Yikes.....come on Kent....dig in!
  • Options
    98-4 58 required

• Options

At the risk of a 'whoosh' the idea was for a bit of 'pinch hitting.'

Didn't work with Stewart last time and didn't work today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last game we sent Stewart in at 3 as a pinch hitter and this one we did the same with Henry. And between them they managed just one run.

I agree Len ;-)
  • Options
    102-4
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    LenGlover said:

At the risk of a 'whoosh' the idea was for a bit of 'pinch hitting.'

Didn't work with Stewart last time and didn't work today.
    Not a whoosh at all. I did think it was far too early for a night watchman but I couldn’t think of any other decent reason!

Edit: also missed the earlier post about it! Oops must read full thread rather than just checking the scorecard before posting.
  • Options
    Kent need 52 runs, Middlesex need 6 wickets.
  • Options

Behave.
    You are home and dry.
  • Options
    I missed that last period of play. Much better than it was looking at 5.15.
  • Options

That’s the position at stumps.
  • Options
    104-4 at close by the way.....for those of you that don’t know.
  • Options
    What’s the weather forecast for tomorrow?
    Last I heard, it wasn’t that promising.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I missed that last period of play. Much better than it was looking at 5.15.

Yeah I left at 57-4 when bad light stopped play. Thought that would be it so delighted to see this and also home in time for the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair chance of rain tomorrow but Wednesday looks fine.
  • Options

Errrrr......say again!
  • Options
    Would love to wrap this up tomorrow. Sussex look in real trouble v Durham. Lovely stuff.
  • Options

Errrrr......say again!

Errrrr......say again!
    Meant to say Thursday looks fine.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Would love to wrap this up tomorrow. Sussex look in real trouble v Durham. Lovely stuff.

Surprising after low scores in the first innings, how Durham can look so comfortable in the second
  • Options
    Only discovered around 4pm that this is live on the Middx website !

Mind you, things took a turn for the worst as soon as I started watching....

But in DBD & Kuhny I trust to get us home in the morning.

Come on Sooper Kent !
  • Options

Only discovered around 4pm that this is live on the Middx website !

Mind you, things took a turn for the worst as soon as I started watching....

But in DBD & Kuhny I trust to get us home in the morning.

Come on Sooper Kent !

I wish I was as trusting as you Fanny!
  • Options
    As expected Kent have signed Matt Milnes from Notts on a 3 year contract:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/kent-sign-paceman-matt-milnes/
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Went to this yesterday. Some random observations, mainly from a Middlesex viewpoint;

Kent bowled well in very helpful conditions but could've helped themselves a bit with slightly better field placing (6 leg-glances went for 4s, fine of long-leg before lunch). That there was only one cover-driven boundary in the last 140 runs of Middlesex's innings tells a story about the track. Malan made 32 but I can only remember 2 coming in front of the wicket (uppishly through cover).

Thomas looked very lively (and the sort of pace that Finn used to generate but no longer). But he was the wrong bowler for this track, hence Kent concentrated on using Podmore, Stevens and Henry.

Middlesex have picked the wrong team because they mis-read the track. Rayner will not bowl a ball in the game and it would have been better for Stirling to play and be given licence to whack it.

Bell-Drummond and Kuhn ran brilliantly together but Middlesex's insistence (like so many teams these days) to bowl without a cover point, played into their hands. On a day when a massive percentage of the runs came behind the wicket, Middlesex needed to show more thought. Trouble is, the Captain (Malan) is not the right man for the job.

Billings looked fantastic standing up (very quick hands) but less so standing back....probably because of the massively swinging ball. Middlesex probably played and missed something like 30-40 times.

Fuller (a good hitter) needed to chance his arm, when Middlesex went 8 down. He didn't and lost the strike.

Morgan needed to do the same but punched the worst ball of the day (leg stump full toss) straight to mid-wicket. He's been utterly useless for Middlesex in Championship games and needs to be moved on.

If Murtagh was playing, I'd have been very confident of a Middlesex win. There hasn't been a better track for him this season at Lord's. He used to take wickets but go for a few. Now he takes wickets whilst keeping it tight.

Bamber has been the most threatening of the Middlesex bowlers because he is the most similar in style to Murtagh. Fuller and Finn bang it in a bit too much and Andersson is very inexperienced.

Kent should win and on the evidence of yesterday are a better side than Middlesex.

Been to both days and agree with all of this. Hopefully a win today and a Sussex defeat will mean a win at home to Glamorgan next week could secure promotion before the Warwickshire game. At least we have the toss up there.