Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club comment on upcoming EFL meeting

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
The EFL has said they want to meet with the club to get a full understanding of the current situation that surrounds the club.

One of the key factors that has played a role in the differences between the fans and the ownership has been around communication. Therefore the club has written to the EFL and suggested as part of the process that they examine the communication by the club, CARD, the Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust and on various social media platforms.

Once they have analysed the past communication and have a broader awareness of all the facts, we have asked the EFL to make recommendations on how the club and the other groups can improve this. We have asked that recent events investigated include the employee bonus issue, cost efficiencies relating to cleaning and the supply of drinking water at the training ground.

We have also asked the EFL to consider:

Are the cost efficiencies helping the sale of the club?
Are the protests helping the sale of the club?

The club will meet with the EFL in early October to discuss in more detail.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b97c64820f09/club-comment-ahead-of-upcoming-meeting-with-efl

Comments

• Sounds like the club is trying to give the EFL busy work to keep them off their back, and presumably the multiple references to sale means they hope that the club will be sold and they'll never have to meet the EFL, whilst trying to put the blame for protests for the sale not materialising.
  • bull red rag.

Popcorn
  • Missed It said:

Am I missing something or does that comment make absolutely no sense at all? Poor communication indeed...

Glad I am not the only one.
  • When it comes to completely fucking up a football club, it takes two to tango, I think is what Roland is trying to say here.
    Such modesty
  • ah the protests maybe don't behave like a wanker and people wouldn't protest you prat
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Worrying thing is it sounds like he's up for a bit of a ding dong with the EFL.

Will this ever end?
  • oh roland ..honestly !
  • The protests started whilst the spin from Daisey was "the club is not for sale"

RDs mouth pieces have jumped the gun we now know what their defence is PRE the EFL meeting
  • “It wasn’t me Miss, it was those awful Charlton fans”
  • WTF is that?
  • Reads like he's logged into the website himself yet again. Twat.
  • seth plum said:

WTF is that?

Communication
  • edited September 2018
    I love that the only communication we get is one of these delirious statements every 7-8 months.

Come on Tom, you’re better than this
  • Who can find that really really long list someone did, documenting most of our grievances ?
    I'm sure it would prove useful for the Trust/supporters to take to the meeting or perhaps send to the EFL in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a strange statement from the club. It seems they are inviting the EFL to investigate the communication of various issues (bonuses, water, etc.), rather than the issues themselves.

Weird. {...}
  • The protests started whilst the spin from Daisey was "the club is not for sale"

RDs mouth pieces have jumped the gun we now know what their defence is PRE the EFL meeting

Indeed, which allows CAST the opportunity to prepare for the meeting.
  • edited September 2018

Who can find that really really long list someone did, documenting most of our grievances ?
    I'm sure it would prove useful for the Trust/supporters to take to the meeting or perhaps send to the EFL in advance.

Jimmy Stones' thread on twitter perhaps? Or the A-Z he did of Roland's Reign.
  • What a strange statement from the club. It seems they are inviting the EFL to investigate the communication of various issues (bonuses, water, etc.), rather than the issues themselves.

Weird. {...}

Deflection.
  • Croydon said:

Who can find that really really long list someone did, documenting most of our grievances ?

Olly Groomes' thread on twitter perhaps? Or the A-Z he did of Roland's Reign.
    It was Jimmy Stone's Twitter thread right?

Presumably this statement didn't come through Rubbershoe?