Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeremy Sarmiento (former U18 rising star) - now with Brighton (p6)

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Heard hes gone to Benfica

Comments

• Lovely... Do we get compensation if he's gone abroad?
  • Lovely... Do we get compensation if he's gone abroad?

I think not
  • edited September 2018
    Feared the worst when I saw the thread had been created by RedHenry

http://www.estadio.ec/articulo/futbol-nacional/jeremy-sarmiento-ficha-por-el-benfica
  • Oh, that will be a shame. Not even one first team appearance...
  • Does that mention 6 million?
  • Does that mention 6 million?

It says his market value is £6 mlion.

We probably got a few hundred thousand in comp if we were lucky
  • This is a big shame, highly regarded on here, Looks like well probably see him go onto bigger things, shame we haven't even seen him in the CAFC shirt
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be demotivating for the academy coaches when their good players simply bugger off somewhere better.
  • A shame but there was only about 1% of me that ever expected to see him play for the first team.
  • Wonder what'll happen with his International career now, and whether he turns to Ecuador
  • buckshee said:

Fuck all loyalty these days.

Defoe the 2nd right there.

It's his job, has nothing to do with loyalty.
    Can you explain why you are even talking about loyalty?
  • Aren't there rules about not nicking youngsters from outside your own development area?
  • Sponsored links:

• Aren't there rules about not nicking youngsters from outside your own development area?

Isnt that an FA rule rather than a UEFA rule?
  • PopIcon said:

buckshee said:

It's his job, has nothing to do with loyalty.
    Can you explain why you are even talking about loyalty?
    Ah the old “it’s jist a job” clause. Got it.
  • buckshee said:

He's 16 and we're a club playing in league one who aren't even giving our kids bottled water and food at our training ground. He's been offered a contract by a European side known for developing talent no doubt on a lot more money than he's currently getting.

Why should he show any loyalty? It's a job to him, he's probably not a fan.

How much loyalty would you show your current employer if you were offered a job at a much bigger company on more money? My notice would be handed in tomorrow.
    and again the next get out clause.
  • Along with losing Alex Willis for nowt this is bad news for the Academy.

In fact, the only good news about it is that it's bad news for Roland.
  • buckshee said:

He's 16 and we're a club playing in league one who aren't even giving our kids bottled water and food at our training ground. He's been offered a contract by a European side known for developing talent no doubt on a lot more money than he's currently getting.

How much loyalty would you show your current employer if you were offered a job at a much bigger company on more money? My notice would be handed in tomorrow.
    If he's under 17 he won't have a pro contract, so wouldn't have been on any money at all. I guess the regs are likely different in different countries?

BTW, why anyone should even consider still being in Valley Gold is beyond comprehension. It just subsidises Roland and pays to train kids who then fuck off elsewhere. Madness.
  • cafcfan said:

buckshee said:

If he's under 17 he won't have a pro contract, so wouldn't have been on any money at all. I guess the regs are likely different in different countries?

BTW, why anyone should even consider still being in Valley Gold is beyond comprehension. It just subsidises Roland and pays to train kids who then fuck off elsewhere. Madness.
    If you include Aribo and Dijksteel, who underwent at least part of their youth development at Charlton, then 7 of the matchday 18 on Saturday came through our youth system at one time of another. Admittedly Solly was several years ago now, but lets not act like the youth system serves no purpose just because not every single player that enters it comes out the other end.

The club ditches players when they are deemed not good enough, if a player feels they have moved to level above and beyond what Charlton can currently offer, then why do they owe the club a level of loyalty it probably wouldn't show to the player?
    So what? Where are we? Mid-table League One. As alternative would be to just scrap the youth set-up - like Brentford - because it's a mug's game made untenable by the FA and the Premier League. Spend the money instead on hoovering up players on the cheap that others have nurtured? Like Konsa. In any event, why should mug punters subsidise a billionaire's running costs? I'm sure they've got better things to be doing with their money.

And they don't owe the club loyalty, that's not what I said.