Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Fucking magic! Happy Birthday Clive.
  • edited September 2018
    Not sure which of his three goals is the best, each is different & brilliant, all three have a magic touch, that sets him up to score.

Happy 50th.
  • I have seen plenty of hattricks I'm my time supporting Charlton.
    But that was by far the best especially when you consider what was at stake.

Happy birthday super Clive.
  • Those strikes are all so special. The way he completely mugs the two defenders off for the 1st, the touch with his studs for the 2nd and the pure instinct to control the cross and finish for the 3rd. Incredible composure for all 3...then he smashes the penalty home without a single doubt. What a performance. Watching that almost brought a tear to my eye!
  • Really? Two months older than me then . How time flies!
  • Top man. Top fucking man.
  • Legend is a big accolade but one that fits Clive like a glove.
  • Thank you Clive... That was my Dad's last Charlton match and you made it so special
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy birthday super Clive , a living legend
  • Happy birthday Super Clive.

The man was a genius with the ball at his feet, in front of goal. Just the coolest finisher that there has ever been.

25th May 1998 will probably be the greatest day that any of us will ever experience as Charlton fans and a huge part of that was due to Clive.
  • I guess that the reason why there are not many birthday messages on here is simply because no-one thinks he will be reading them. I hope he isn't because he will think that it is gone and forgotten. Not a chance: those goals just get better with the passing of time, and the more we realise that that day was one in a lifetime. I still hope for something like that to happen again but even if we do win the FA Cup or something, I doubt that there will be a hat-trick like that again. In fact, I don't believe that there has ever been a better hat-trick in the history of football. Seriously: can anyone think of one?
    Happy Birthday Clive.
  • Yes. A Charlton legend. Happy birthday Clive.
  • Happy Birthday Sir Clive. The most composed and deadly finisher i have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    That May afternoon at Wembley was a master class of what a striker is all about, pure poetry in motion.
  • edited September 2018
    without young Mendonca I don't believe we would ever have made it to the prem .. Happy 50th Clive, the best player for a season or two that I ever saw and still have ever seen in a CAFC shirt

I was discussing THE Wembley game with a couple of Sunderland fans whilst walking to the S O L this season .. 'he was a legend to you, really we never saw his potential, great player, great goal scorer, broke our hearts that day at Wembley' (that was them, not me)

• I just had to watch the Wembley hatrick video again.

The 1st goal where Mendonca brings the ball down, turns sharply sending his defender the wrong way ...... watch those 2 Sunderland players crash into each other. Comical!