Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 3 Wycombe 2 - POST MATCH THREAD 08/09/18

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
And Breath..... Never easy is it. We should play our games with 100 minutes from the start. Every game seems to finish last. Great result though.

Comments

• Good win that, made hard work of it at the end but held on.

Reeves/Lapslie subs made such a difference, starting XI just didnt work out.

Followed from CdeG waiting to fly home later so look forward to hearing from those who were there, up the Addicks!
  • edited September 2018
    Valley11 said:

Maybe Bowyer is right. Once the injured players are fully fit we could have a go at promotion.

I think he's right. But they need to stay fit and not be replaced by other casualties.
  • Get in lads!

Considering how close to the home of international time our ground is the timekeeping for our games is shocking!
  • First half an hour was dreadful. Livened up before half-time then much better for most of second half - Reeves, Lapslie and Taylor too much for them. Though we had to cling on at the end...

Getting a bit concerned that we are picking up a lot of bookings.
  • Great result. Great 3 points. = Great weekend. Where's that bottle of St Estephe.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've only seen 2 games this season (including today's) but Prately seems really poor. Loves to drop deep but never seems very effective in helping out the defence and is very slow in counter attack opportunities.

We are a lot better going forward than last year but despite our back line being very solid I think our midfield leaves us too open defensively leading to us letting in a lot of goals.

Overall today had a lot of positives but also a lot of negatives
  • Lapslie was class again. Taylor was unplayable 2nd half.

Special mention to Reeves who played really well when he came on, be interesting to find out if there was a reason we started the 2nd half with 10 and Reeves still getting changed.

Thought Pratley was poor, again.
  • Great result.Sad as I now live out West I can’t make games anymore but well done the lads.
  • There's a lot of confusion as to whether the second goal was assisted by Reeves (what I thought I saw, sitting 10 yards away) or Bauer (what the official Twitter feed thought) - what's the consensus?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wycombe scrapped well but pleased to see us scrap back.

Great to see our extra quality tell in the end, not sure we'd have won that game last year. Onwards and upwards.
  • Leuth said:

There's a lot of confusion as to whether the second goal was assisted by Reeves (what I thought I saw, sitting 10 yards away) or Bauer (what the official Twitter feed thought) - what's the consensus?

We wait for the highlights and confirm then?
  • Leuth said:

There's a lot of confusion as to whether the second goal was assisted by Reeves (what I thought I saw, sitting 10 yards away) or Bauer (what the official Twitter feed thought) - what's the consensus?

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Bauer
  • @Henry Irving , his surname is Lapslie, not Lapsie.

I noticed you kept getting it wrong in your write up from the Bromley meeting.

Get the poor kids name right.
  • Pratley and Ajose were shocking.

Lapslie and Reeves made all the difference when they came on and Taylor had an excellent second half.

Conceded two poor goals and were pretty dire in the first half.

We can only get better.
  • Two wins on the spin - first time since when?

Three goals at home - first time since when?

Winning from a losing position - first time since when?
  • Watched on Ifollow, the first half, especially the first 30 minutes we were bloody awful. We had no energy, looked sluggish and also our passing was terrible. We picked up after we scored, albeit fortunately, and finished stronger. The second half started the same as the first and we were second best, but after we scored our second we stepped up and deserved our third, then the last 10 minutes or so we backed of again and they got their second goal, to me we were then spoiling the game and hanging on. Overall we 'nicked' it, however I have to saym when we get Cullen, Fosu and hopefully Ward back in the side along with the polish lad, I reckon we could be pushing for a top spot within a few games. Just need RD to go....NOW, and we will perhaps be on the long road to recovery. Overall score for me today across the team....7/10.
    Special mention to Lapslie, though he was excellent when he came on.