Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Think it’s disgusting what the EFL is doing. The Accrington chairman has been slating them on Twitter today
  • why? attendance will be down and RD gets less money, what's not to like?
  • Saturday matches which kick off at 3pm are normally restricted from live broadcast in the UK but these regulations do not apply on international weekends, as is the case tomorrow.

Therefore both Wycombe and Charlton fans can purchase a match pass for £10 via iFollow to watch the game in its entirety - with audio commentary - from a desktop PC, tablet or smartphone.
  • clive said:

Saturday matches which kick off at 3pm are normally restricted from live broadcast in the UK but these regulations do not apply on international weekends, as is the case tomorrow.

Therefore both Wycombe and Charlton fans can purchase a match pass for £10 via iFollow to watch the game in its entirety - with audio commentary - from a desktop PC, tablet or smartphone.

Profiteering too! It's usually a fiver.
  • Do I have to have a Charlton app.....where and how do I get one?
  • clive said:

Saturday matches which kick off at 3pm are normally restricted from live broadcast in the UK but these regulations do not apply on international weekends, as is the case tomorrow.

Since when?

Can't remember ever hearing of 3pm games being on TV whether international weekend or not.

• Do I have to have a Charlton app.....where and how do I get one?

You will have to view via the Wycombe website,the instructions/details are on the link below.
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2018/september/charlton-game-available-to-watch-live-on-ifollow/
  • clive said:

Do I have to have a Charlton app.....where and how do I get one?

You will have to view via the Wycombe website,the instructions/details are on the link below.
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2018/september/charlton-game-available-to-watch-live-on-ifollow/
    So,I have to have a WW app then?
  • clive said:

Do I have to have a Charlton app.....where and how do I get one?

So,I have to have a WW app then?
    No. You have to have an iFollow account and paid for the game. The WW site is the platform that you access it through.

I believe.
  • clive said:

And a smart TV
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Guess its £10 for UK viewers £5 for those overseas so just turn the VPN on still
  • clive said:

Guess its £10 for UK viewers £5 for those overseas so just turn the VPN on still
    So...basically as you were then.
  • clive said:

Possibly, it's still profiteering in my opinion. I suppose you could argue it should be more expensive in the UK to discourage people from choosing the feed over going to the match, but it'd be a fairly flimsy argument.

It's $9 where I am anyway, so not really an issue for me.
  • why? attendance will be down and RD gets less money, what's not to like?

Because that’s just a narrow short term view at it imo.

The EFL are tapping into a UEFA loophole and streaming 3pm Sat games during international breaks. Most EFL clubs survive on their gate money and this encourages people not to go to games. Crowds and atmospheres are everything to football. Slowly but surely games are getting more and more streamable, away supports will largely become a thing of the past.

The EFL can have zero complaints when the big boys start doing it and all but destroy lower league football.
    Another stick to beat the EFL with next Friday ?
  • How do we know that the charge isn't passed on to the clubs being streamed?
  • cafc-west said:

How do we know that the charge isn't passed on to the clubs being streamed?

Maybe, but I am sure the EFL will have their cut, and the expenses of the broadcast will need to be covered too. And there is still the question of atmosphere as AFKA points out earlier in the thread.
  • So you have to have a subscription, you can't just buy the game as a one off?

You sign up to the Wycombe iFollow (Free) and then select the game as a one off payment rather than signing up for the month or year
  • Sponsored links:

Subscription isn't available to Charlton fans, we can only pay (the other team)week by week.
  • Do you think it's possible, if you subscribed for the season it would let you log in and use your subscription for the other teams ifollow websites? Meaning we could watch our midweek games on their websites and just pay £5 a month instead of £10 a game?
  • Do you think it's possible, if you subscribed for the season it would let you log in and use your subscription for the other teams ifollow websites? Meaning we could watch our midweek games on their websites and just pay £5 a month instead of £10 a game?

It's normally only 5 quid a game.

It's normally only 5 quid a game.
    Wasn't the midweek game the other week £10 for the UK Stream? I know it's £5 for overseas so getting a VPN may be the cheaper option.

Thats what should happen anyway... i.e. You create the one iFollow account and then login on the each teams webpage using the same login details

Thats what should happen anyway... i.e. You create the one iFollow account and then login on the each teams webpage using the same login details
    But you still need to buy the match pass for each club. Signing up for a monthly subscription with Wycome won't let you watch Bradford, for example, right?
  • RedRyan said:

Do you think it's possible, if you subscribed for the season it would let you log in and use your subscription for the other teams ifollow websites? Meaning we could watch our midweek games on their websites and just pay £5 a month instead of £10 a game?

But you still need to buy the match pass for each club. Signing up for a monthly subscription with Wycome won't let you watch Bradford, for example, right?
    This is what I'm wondering Ryan, maybe I didn't make sense completely haha
  • I've signed up for today's game & I've been suffering with a very nasty, chesty (NOT the Barbara Windsor kind!) cough for over a week now and I'm feeling totally drained & pathetic.

I know it's TMI, but there's a side effect that even Tena Lady XXXXtra would struggle to cope with ( might have to wear wellies....)

So, it's the sofa, plenty of cuppas & cough syrup for Fanny this afternoon, plus of course, the ever present bag of humbugs.

COYA !!!!!
  • RedRyan said:

Do you think it's possible, if you subscribed for the season it would let you log in and use your subscription for the other teams ifollow websites? Meaning we could watch our midweek games on their websites and just pay £5 a month instead of £10 a game?

RedRyan said:

This is what I'm wondering Ryan, maybe I didn't make sense completely haha
    If your saying about buying a year pass though (£110) your buying it for the one club that your signing up for rather than every single League One game

Its the issue with Charlton not offering the service because if they did then you could do the easier thing of signing up for that Service and then not having to piss about anywhere else
  • Get well soon FF