Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Denmark to play amateur players

Denmark are set to field a team of Amateur players for the friendly against Slovakia and Nations Cup match v Wales

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/denmark-football-fa-players-396118

They wasnt sure if they were gonna forfeit but they have confirmed the games will go ahead just with amateur players.

Denmark are currently 20/1 to beat Slovakia on Wednesday

Comments

• Lucky Wales, great way to start there Nations League campaign.
  • Would be hilarious if they beat Wales though!
  • But what a story to tell your grandkids!

*Begins desperately searching for anything in family history to make me eligible to play for Denmark*
  • "Superliga" sounds so much stronger than "La Liga", "Serie A", "Ligue 1" or even "Premier League". The reality is rather different though.
  • They've included Futsal players in the squad...
    This is crazy stuff. Players who play indoor with a smaller and heavier ball.
  • Danepak said:

They've included Futsal players in the squad...
    This is crazy stuff. Players who play indoor with a smaller and heavier ball.

Wasn’t there a danger we could’ve had a manager who’s experience was all futsal?
  • Surely UEFA/FIFA will fine their FA and there will be repercussions.

You can't just send an amateur side to international games and not expect any action against you.
  • Surely UEFA/FIFA will fine their FA and there will be repercussions.

You can't just send an amateur side to international games and not expect any action against you.

Apparently we'll get away with it, as it's just a friendly. However, in the game against Wales, we'll get fined, if we don't have our strongest possible line up.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd rather see Brigitte Nielsen
  • Watching the match in Danish TV. 8 minutes gone. Still 0-0.
  • 10 minutes in 0-0

How long can Denmark hold on for
  • 10 minutes in 0-0

How long can Denmark hold on for

Not much longer is the answer. 1-0 Slovakia
  • 40 minutes gone its 2-0 Slovakia.

Still alot of people thought this could be a San Marino type score so they are doing ok
  • Final score. 3-0 to Slovakia. The Danish amateurs can be proud of that tbf

I imagine the Slovak players will be a bit disappointed by that score.

I imagine the Slovak players will be a bit disappointed by that score.
    I think they probably could have scored more than 3 if they wanted to. They barely worked up a sweat plus the Danish keeper made some decent saves.
  • edited September 2018
    Think Sunday will be interesting for 2 resons, 1 Wales should score a few.

2ndly will be very interesting what Fifa do, a danish reporter was saying that a deal could be reached before sunday, if thats the case and Fifa let them use their proper squad then it makes a mockery out of naming a squad beforehand if they are suddenly allowed to change the 23 players they have called up, if Fifa dont allow them to then Wales could easily score 7/8 and then it makes a mockery of the Nations League
  • Eriksen & Co will be playing Wales on Sunday.
    The Danish FA and the Players Union have worked out a temporary agreement, which runs until 30th September.
  • Sponsored links:

• When this all started the Danish players offered to continue on the same deal they agreed for the World Cup as a temporary measure until they could sit down and try to agree new terms.
    The Danish FA rejected the offer. Seems they've backed down now which was surely the obvious solution to begin with.
    Especially as the Danish FA had already been warned about future issues following a similar stand off with the women's team last year.
  • The Danish FA wants the players to promote Hummel, when they're playing for Denmark.
    Eriksen is sponsored by Nike, so he's not keen on promoting Hummel.
    But how come other nations haven't got the same issues?
  • edited September 2018
    Danepak said:

Eriksen & Co will be playing Wales on Sunday.
    The Danish FA and the Players Union have worked out a temporary agreement, which runs until 30th September.

Fifa have shot themselves in the foot,

If I was Southgate I would put out 23 players against Spain then call up a different 23 players for the friendly against Switzerland.

The players called up are supposed to be for the 2 games, the fact Fifa are allowing them to now call up 23 different players after their 1st game is wrong.
  • Think Ireland must have played a GAA team tonight.
  • unlucky taffs denmark back to full strength.
  • Danepak said:

Eriksen & Co will be playing Wales on Sunday.

Fifa have shot themselves in the foot,

If I was Southgate I would put out 23 players against Spain then call up a different 23 players for the friendly against Switzerland.

The players called up are supposed to be for the 2 games, the fact Fifa are allowing them to now call up 23 different players after their 1st game is wrong.
    Not really, the fact they're calling up the proper squad given the farce of their last game is entirely the correct thing to do.
  • Not sure why this is such a big deal. We play amateurs week in, week out.
  • Danepak said:

The Danish FA wants the players to promote Hummel, when they're playing for Denmark.

I believe Adidas had a similar deal with the German national team, where all players had to wear Adidas boots unless sponsored by a different make, but then they tried to tell them they had to wear blackout boots
  • edited September 2018
    sam3110 said:

Danepak said:

The Danish FA wants the players to promote Hummel, when they're playing for Denmark.

I believe Adidas had a similar deal with the German national team, where all players had to wear Adidas boots unless sponsored by a different make, but then they tried to tell them they had to wear blackout boots
    Johan Cruyff would wear adidas two stripe when playing for The Netherlands as he was a puma man.image />