Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Great idea. I'll be there.
  • good luck Davo and please let us know how it goes
  • I presume there is no one at the EFL Offices on a Saturday hence why the protests werent planned for a Weekend?
  • I presume there is no one at the EFL Offices on a Saturday hence why the protests werent planned for a Weekend?

Correct
  • Davo55 said:

I presume there is no one at the EFL Offices on a Saturday hence why the protests werent planned for a Weekend?

Correct
    Cheers, best of luck with the protests

I'd love to be there for this one yet dont work in Central London anymore
  • bugger, finish working in London today and won't be able to get there next Friday as would have started a new job elsewhere. Good luck though, would loved to have been there.
  • Great idea......well done one and all.
  • Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?
  • Sponsored links:

• N01R4M said:

Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?

is gsoh a requirment?
  • N01R4M said:

Are there any lifers in the Stockport area who fancy joining me for an afternoon in sunny Preston next Friday?

I live in reddish in Stockport but unfortunately can't go. However I may have some banners you could transport if that's alright?
  • Great stuff, CARD & the Blackpool protesters !

If it takes SO long for the mountain to come to Mohammed.....

Sadly, next Friday is already booked in the Fanackapans' filofax but we know the day will be a huge success with loads of media coverage.

COYA !
  • N01R4M said:

I was going to be joining Holly Willoughby for the day next friday but I might cancel for the cause. Let me mull it over.

Mulled it over.

Bollocks to the cause!

Seriously, good luck to all those involved.
  • I'll be there!
  • I'll be there with a couple of London based Pool fans. Oyston and RD out.

That's great to hear. Thanks.
  • Count me in Davo
  • Do my best to be there

Dress code, black and white scarf or red and white?

• Do my best to be there

Birthday suit recommended
  • Sponsored links:

• Do my best to be there

Birthday suit recommended
    I don't want to frighten the other protestors :wink:
  • I guess too many people laughing will deflect from the serious nature of the protest
  • Exactly Frank, I suspect a few might even become quite hysterical...
  • Apologies Franck, it won't happen again.
  • Do my best to be there

Red and white.....how many people outside of us Addicks do you think know the significance of the black and white scarves/protest............answer zilch!
    I never thought it was a good idea in the first place as people seeing pictures and media footage of supporters wearing black and white clothing etc wouldn’t even know they were Addicks......waste of time to be honest, sorry if I’ve offended anyone as I know those that bought and wore the clobber meant well but I think that wasn’t one of our best ideas.
    WE ARE RED AND WHITE......in case you hadn’t noticed guys ......why confuse the populous.
  • edited September 2018

Do my best to be there

Red and white.....how many people outside of us Addicks do you think know the significance of the black and white scarves/protest............answer zilch!
    I never thought it was a good idea in the first place as people seeing pictures and media footage of supporters wearing black and white clothing etc wouldn’t even know they were Addicks......waste of time to be honest, sorry if I’ve offended anyone as I know those that bought and wore the clobber meant well but I think that wasn’t one of our best ideas.
    WE ARE RED AND WHITE......in case you hadn’t noticed guys ......why confuse the populous.
    Blame the bloke with the cardigan. FWIW it was very effective in highlighting the extent of disaffection at a time when others were still defending the regime.
    Yes, I agree for ‘the clubs fan base’ it did have some quite worthy significance but it meant little or nothing to anyone beyond the gates of The Valley.....and most certainly wouldn’t at an important demo away from SE7.
  • Do my best to be there

Blame the bloke with the cardigan. FWIW it was very effective in highlighting the extent of disaffection at a time when others were still defending the regime.
    Yes, I agree for ‘the clubs fan base’ it did have some quite worthy significance but it meant little or nothing to anyone beyond the gates of The Valley.....and most certainly wouldn’t at an important demo away from SE7.
    So actually not a "waste of time" at all but good idea that worked brilliantly in achieving what it aimed to IE be a symbol of discontent visible to fans and outsiders alike.

Someone even paid for a black and white "EFL not fit for purpose" banner : - )

• Do my best to be there

So actually not a "waste of time" at all but good idea that worked brilliantly in achieving what it aimed to IE be a symbol of discontent visible to fans and outsiders alike.

Someone even paid for a black and white "EFL not fit for purpose" banner : - )

I applaud any ideas by anyone or any group.....for some reason or another the black and white project just didn’t rock my boat.
    Yes, it was relevant and worked well for us at The Valley but I don’t think it was picked up that much by non Addicks/ media, I think most of them in the general populous who saw it were confused by it or thought they were Fulham fans!!!
    Think we should ALWAYS be decked in red.....no matter what.
    But as I say, I applaud anyone who comes up with wheezes or stuff rather than sit on their arse and do nothing......every bit helps, whether I like it or not doesn’t matter at the end of the day.