Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer announced as permanent manager

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Has Jacko got a new contract as well then?
  • Options
    Can you really call a contract for less than a season “permanent ”?
  • Options
    Well deserved. Forget all the stuff in the background, Bow is the man to lead us forward on the pitch. COYA!

• Options
    se9addick said:

Can you really call a contract for less than a season “permanent ”?

Unless you're in the top 6 of your division these days, most clubs will have 2 managers in a season anyway, so 9 months is permanent enough.
  • Options
    Really wasn't sure about him when he was appointed care taker towards the end of last season. By and large though, has got the team playing with, what I think most of us would agree is, the Charlton spirit and there have been signs of a real togetherness and fighting spirit in the squad. He's working under obvious limitations in terms of budget and support from above, but all I ever expect as a Charlton fan is a team determined to compete to best of their abilities, everything else is a bonus.

Very happy to have him disprove my early misgivings and, as much as I don't believe we will be that close to the promotion running, I find his calm confidence kind of infectious. Hope he can build further on the start he has made because, and you would expect this from a former academy graduate, he feels a comfortable fit for the club in a way no-one else, except maybe Riga, has as manager under Roland, and I think that counts for a lot.
  • Options
    It is permanent. Permanent for the length of his contract. Just to clear up any confusion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

thats just about confirmation that its not happening

Loads of posts such as this one, can I ask how and why you think it is no longer happening because an interim manager has been made permanent?
  • Options
    Who is making these decisions?
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer's red and white army! Good job Muzza had your back Bow :smirk: .
  • Options
    Hats off to Bowyer for instilling some pride and professionalism within the Belgian sociopath's nuthouse but whether he is caretaker or permanent.boss for a few months makes zero difference whatsoever.

It is not good news it is just slightly less bad news.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

It is permanent. Permanent for the length of his contract. Just to clear up any confusion.

It's a fixed term contract for nine months but it's all semantics.

In reality there are no permanent positions for players and managers in football.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

lolwray said:

Loads of posts such as this one, can I ask how and why you think it is no longer happening because an interim manager has been made permanent?
    If you were about to sell the club why would you start making “interim” members of staff “permanent”?

If you were about to buy the club, and you knew about Roland’s intention to do this, wouldn’t you ask him to hold off so you could be the ones to make Bowyer permanent after you took over so you could have a very easy, day one, PR win?

This doesn’t tell us anything definitively about a potential takeover, but if you are looking for clues I would err on the side of this not being good news.
  • Options
    I will be amazed if Lee is in charge in 12 months time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think my comment might have been misconstrued,Obviously,with RD comes the carnage that is our present backroom staff and management situation.My only concern,and I fully respect those of a different opinion,is what happens on the pitch,this is what I pay to see,and at the moment,the playing side is improving,with a strong youth policy,and also players who the supporters can identify with.Compare this with the crap managers,crap players we have had forced upon us,in the recent past.Like everybody else I am sick of this division we play in and certainly feel the fans will play a big part in getting us up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

lolwray said:

If you were about to sell the club why would you start making “interim” members of staff “permanent”?

If you were about to buy the club, and you knew about Roland’s intention to do this, wouldn’t you ask him to hold off so you could be the ones to make Bowyer permanent after you took over so you could have a very easy, day one, PR win?

This doesn’t tell us anything definitively about a potential takeover, but if you are looking for clues I would err on the side of this not being good news.
    Perhaps Bowyer threatened to walk if he wasn't given a 'permanent' position.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options

...never mind, with the clueless old fart in charge your time may yet come.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

lolwray said:

In that scenario, if he was just about to sell the club, egg would Roland care? And, if the club was just about to be sold, why would Bowyer do it?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

lolwray said:

Bows does not seem to me the type of man who goes for the over dramatic postering so personally I think that this would be highly unlikely.