Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rachael Bland - RIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45410652

Courageous lady, trying to bring understanding about the Big C.

Comments

• Very sad. RIP
  • RIP. Was very nearly in tears earlier thinking about how her poor son must be feeling right now. Worst imaginable nightmare for me is having to explain to our kids (3 & 6) that their mummy is gone and is never coming back.
  • Lovely young lady and so brave in her battle against the devil disease .. R I P
  • That’s awful, and only 40 years old. Really sad.

RIP
  • Incredibly brave and inspiring young woman RIP Rachel
  • Desperately sad news.

It's always difficult to comprehend how such a death will affect those left behind, but she obviously made the most of the opportunities provided since the diagnosis to make a difference.

Like @Rizzo, on the cusp of crying - but then, I am a big girl's blouse.

RIP
  • So very sad.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• 40 is so young. Very sad . R.I.P.
  • Came up on my twitter feed this morning. Terribly sad and far too young. RIP, thoughts and prayers with family and friends
  • RIP - very very sad
  • Too young to go, very sad. RIP
  • very sad news. RIP a very courageous and brave woman.
  • My wife is 44 and battling breast cancer. This year has been horrific and at one point the chemotherapy stopped working and we were so close to being told that's it. What these people go through is incredible and the mental torture is just as bad.
  • Curb_It said:

Sorry to hear that Welsh. I wish her strength in her battle. Wish you all the very best.

RIP to Rachael.

Thank you
  • Sponsored links:

• All the best @WelshAddick, to you and your family.

RIP Rachael.
  • My wife is 44 and battling breast cancer. This year has been horrific and at one point the chemotherapy stopped working and we were so close to being told that's it. What these people go through is incredible and the mental torture is just as bad.

Sorry to hear that mate - hope all comes good.

I hope your wife can make the recovery WA.

• @WelshAddick - hoping your wife can make a speedy recovery and beat this horrible disease
  • RIP Rachael.

Such a sad and yet somewhat beautiful story of courage.
  • WA - really feel for you, your family but, most of all your wife, of course. Hope that she turns the corner soon and you can all get back to something like a normal life together.
  • I don’t know how you coped with all stress in one go. Nice boss!! Oh my god.

Well sounds like she’s getting the treatment that she needs. What a worry though.
  • A brief history.
    Wife goes to doctors last summer saying things are not right. Doctor says it’s hormonal. Forward to Christmas wife starts to get chronic pain. So after her birthday early I book an appointment at the docs who refers her to breast clinic. Im Feb they see us and instantly warn us to be prepared and to write off 12 months of our lives. A week later it’s confirmed inflammatory breast cancer. It’s the worst one to get. It’s advanced and too big too operate at present. Chemo starts instantly but wife’s reaction is pretty bad and is hospitalised due to severe vomiting. A week later she collapsed on the stairs and we had to call an ambulance, so that was isolation for a few days. Treatment was every 3 weeks and it was heartbreaking and demoralising. After the 5th treatment of chemo it stopped working and the cancer returned with a vengeance. Luckily they changed the dose and found one that did the trick. So after the sixth dose they decided to operate but the problem was the body hadn’t recovered from chemo. So that was an extended stay in hospital again. Now Radiotherapy starts in two weeks followed by chemo tablets afterwards. If anyone ever has to go through any of this I would be happy to chat to them about it. One big problem I had was that on the day she was officially diagnosed I got made redundant and my boss run away with £20000 of my money. Macmillan have been wonderful. Thanks all for reading this. We are not out of the woods yet but we are getting there.

WelshAddick that is heart breaking. Thank you for sharing your wife's story. That must have been very difficult to write about. I wish your wife the very best in her treatment and recovery and I wish you and your family the very best as well.

My wife is 44 and battling breast cancer. This year has been horrific and at one point the chemotherapy stopped working and we were so close to being told that's it. What these people go through is incredible and the mental torture is just as bad.

RIP Rachel, a very sad story. All the best wishes in the world to your wife Welsh.