Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Heres hoping he takes Jo Whiley with him.
  • I genuinely can’t stand Chris Evans.

Me neither. They’re talking like it’s a huge deal on the radio. Do that many people care?
  • JaShea99 said:

I genuinely can’t stand Chris Evans.

Me neither. They’re talking like it’s a huge deal on the radio. Do that many people care?
    Well......he gets 9m listeners.......so presumably a few will?!?

• Can't stand him and his giant ego.
  • Strange that he's going to what is a still small Virgin Radio (not the same station he owned back in the 90s)
  • Good riddance. He can take his pathetic entourage and his religious 5 minutes with him too
  • He's an out and out tosser, but apparently a very popular one.

I'll stick with Radio 4 - now where's my pipe and slippers?
  • I actually quite like him. Apparently has 9 million regular listeners so can't be alone in that! Always sounds upbeat and genuinely interested in his guests. But do agree on the Jo Wiley point - definitely not working with Simon Mayo...
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the way his entourage stand up to him and challenge him. I'm sure he would hate to be surrounded by a bunch of arselickers.
  • Can't stand the banter he always has to have with his "team" and their stupid fake laughing
  • Good riddance. He can take his pathetic entourage and his religious 5 minutes with him too

happen to think hes a good broadcaster
  • but for me everyone stands in the shadow of Terry Wogan
  • lolwray said:

but for me everyone stands in the shadow of Terry Wogan

Even Johnny Vaughan?
  • lolwray said:

but for me everyone stands in the shadow of Terry Wogan

Even Dr. Fox?
  • Can't stand the banter he always has to have with his "team" and their stupid fake laughing

In fairness, every other station has the same inane "banter". I listen to R4 on the way to work but occasionally I'm forced to switch over (usually when John Humphries is on), but the drivel passing off as entertainment on some radio stations is equally shite. Radio 3 becomes the default choice - at least i cant get wound up by that.

My wife says I'm a miserable tosser that gets annoyed by everything - if only there were a thread where I could list the very many general things that annoy me...
  • Gotta be Sara Cox to take over from him, really like her when she covers for him , when he's off on his frequent holidays !
  • Gotta be Sara Cox to take over from him, really like her when she covers for him , when he's off on his frequent holidays !

She's good. Also like Liza Tarbick on a Sat afternoon. Doubt she'd be interested in the breakfast show if she has to be as wired as Evans seems to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange that he's going to what is a still small Virgin Radio (not the same station he owned back in the 90s)

And digital only too so many of his 9 million listeners won't be able to listen in their cars on the way to work.

She's good. Also like Liza Tarbick on a Sat afternoon. Doubt she'd be interested in the breakfast show if she has to be as wired as Evans seems to be.
    She's only recently started a new weekly late show 10pm - Midnight which is really good. Hope she doesn't move. Give it to Wiley and let Mayo go back to his old format.
  • He's a bit marmite but I admire his resilience and desire to graft, and also the fact he must have the constitution of an ox. He's in his 50s, has been caning it his whole life, yet can still turn out a marathon run every year.
  • He's a bit marmite but I admire his resilience and desire to graft, and also the fact he must have the constitution of an ox. He's in his 50s, has been caning it his whole life, yet can still turn out a marathon run every year.

Is he really ? I thought he was 13

• JaShea99 said:

I genuinely can’t stand Chris Evans.

Well......he gets 9m listeners.......so presumably a few will?!?

Yeah I heard that but assumed it was mainly people who listen to Radio 2 on the way to work, as opposed to people who like Evans. Surely 9 million people don't tune in specifically because he's on?
  • 9m listeners and I've not met one of them! Where are they all hiding?

And must get up at about 3-4am every single day