Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Clarke

99% sure I just dropped him at Motown the Musical. Didn’t get a chance to speak as he was with friends.
He seemed to clock my Charlton sticker in the rear window and the speed at which he jumped out, he must be nearing full fitness

Comments

• Works in the bar evenings, injured players wages are part of the cut backs.
  • Did you offer him a bottle of water for him to take in?
  • edited August 2018
    Maybe the reason he jumped out at speed was because he realised what the fare he and his friends were about to be charged was :tongue:
  • His mrs was fit. Typical footballer
  • Taxi_Lad said:

His mrs was fit. Typical footballer

And I don’t mean she had big thighs!!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

His mrs was fit. Typical footballer

I’ve met her and this is 100% correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stevenage on the 9th October in the CheckaTrade would be a great game to bring him back into if he's ready
  • Please please please can we have at least one month where the whole midfields back just one.
    I know caskey won't be.
  • Took three touches to beat that red plank !

To be fair, they did say he was “getting closer”...not that “he’s back”!!! :wink:
  • A match fit Clarke gives Bowyer the good kind of headache to deal with. His quality of vision and passing could raise the already dangerous Taulor/Grant partnership up even higher but how do you justify changing a team in such good form? And Fosu's suspension will be over before long...
  • Also our midfields had no game time together
    Lapsie might not be making the bench in months time
  • edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

Also our midfields had no game time together

Midfield of: Fosu | Aribo | Cullen | Clarke - Note thats not the position, just the four I'd start

Bench of: Phillips | Sarr | Dijksteel | Ward | Reeves | Pratley | Vetokele

Nope - Lapslie unfortunately will have to return to the U23s | FA Cup | Football League Trophy, would still have him ahead of Marshall though who I think I'd sell in January
  • Sponsored links:

He caught the plank flat and pressured It perfectly to force it to lose control of the ball which he pounced upon straight away
  • clb74 said:

Midfield of: Fosu | Aribo | Cullen | Clarke - Note thats not the position, just the four I'd start

Nope - Lapslie unfortunately will have to return to the U23s | FA Cup | Football League Trophy, would still have him ahead of Marshall though who I think I'd sell in January
    Think Lapslie has done very well in the opening games of this season, gives us huge energy and drive. I think it would be incredibly tough to drop him to the U23's as he has a lot to offer and imo fully deserves a place in the matchday squad.
  • clb74 said:

Think Lapslie has done very well in the opening games of this season, gives us huge energy and drive. I think it would be incredibly tough to drop him to the U23's as he has a lot to offer and imo fully deserves a place in the matchday squad.
    Yeah he's one of my favourite players at the moment, just unfortunate as cant see how he can get ahead of all that experience / quality

Trouble is I dont see them all staying fit throughout the season so see him on the bench plenty of times still
  • clb74 said:

Yeah he's one of my favourite players at the moment, just unfortunate as cant see how he can get ahead of all that experience / quality

Trouble is I dont see them all staying fit throughout the season so see him on the bench plenty of times still
    Very true, it is extremely unlikely we will have a period of games where our entire squad is available (bar JFC).
  • We will probably always have at least one midfielder out so would imagine lapsie won't be out the squad too much.
    Would be happy to start any of the 8 and bowyer will be able rest all the players here and there.
  • It's unfortunate for Lapslie in that he needs experience and deserves game time but isn't realistically first choice... But we can't afford to send him out on loan in case we do need him.
  • thenewbie said:

It's unfortunate for Lapslie in that he needs experience and deserves game time but isn't realistically first choice... But we can't afford to send him out on loan in case we do need him.

Think he's better suited to sticking around here and also dont get why Chelmsford didnt use him at all last year

I know he had that poor debut against Blackpool which may have dented his confidence but still, thats a drop of three Divisions!!

Dont diss the plank... Its on the Subs bench in case anything happens to Naby or Jason tomorrow
    Katrin signed that plank on 5k PW and a four year deal.
    No sell-on clause though.