Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MyHermes

What a bunch of wankers.

Anyone else had an issue with these.

Had a parcel due today 17:00-21:00

Got a message at 13.11 saying your parcel could not be delivered and will be re attempted on 28/8/18

I tried calling and all you get is an automated service, done the webchat and all they said is that it will be attempted again on 28/08/18

No reason given for why they attempted to deliver 4 hours early

Comments

• Had a parcel from them the other day....we were out and the parcel was dropped over the gate....not a problem as it wasn't fragile....just as well.
  • What a bunch of wankers.

Anyone else had an issue with these.

Had a parcel due today 17:00-21:00

Got a message at 13.11 saying your parcel could not be delivered and will be re attempted on 28/8/18

I tried calling and all you get is an automated service, done the webchat and all they said is that it will be attempted again on 28/08/18

No reason given for why they attempted to deliver 4 hours early

Had same with UKMail yesterday ... even though I was in all day! … still awaiting delivery.
  • edited August 2018
    When you have to piss in a bottle in your van so that you can make enough deliveries in a day to earn a few quid, you cut corners.
  • Huskaris said:

When you have to piss in a bottle in your van so that you can make enough deliveries in a day to earn a few quid, you cut corners.

Not trying to deliver 4 hours before scheduled time
  • Bizarre timing @paulie8290.

We've been away for a few days and missed a Hermes delivery. No card through the letterbox, not left with a neighbour, just told it could now be anytime before 28th. Amateurs.
  • Bizarre timing @paulie8290.

We've been away for a few days and missed a Hermes delivery. No card through the letterbox, not left with a neighbour, just told it could now be anytime before 28th. Amateurs.

Annoyingly its bank holiday monday tomorrow so i now have to wait till Tuesday
  • I always check who the courier is when I buy stuff online. If it's Herpes, I look for another seller. They are beyond useless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Budget prices, budget service. Though so far I've not really had a problem with them as a buyer or seller.

Made a complaint against Dpd the other day as their guys didn't even knock on my door. Happened to be looking out upstairs window and one told the other to take it over the road where a car was in the drive.
    Went to the door and just waited as my neighbour pointed over that I was in. Got a sheepish apology but unacceptable in my eyes.
  • MyHermes are cheap, you get what you pay for.
  • Most people on here will have paid q delivery fee in good faith.

They are very unlikely to have chosen the respective logistics agency.
  • I have sent 300+ parcels with them over the years. Never had a problem.
  • I have sent 300+ parcels with them over the years. Never had a problem.

Yeah, but how many arrived?
    ;-)
  • I insist on Royal Mail, door to room service.

Is that last year's season tickets?
  • MyHermes are cheap, you get what you pay for.

It's the company I've ordered from that have decided to use them. I've had no say in the matter.
  • edited August 2018

MyHermes are cheap, you get what you pay for.

It's the company I've ordered from that have decided to use them. I've had no say in the matter.
    I buy my trainers from Sportsshoes.com, they use MyHermes and have had problems with them in the past. One pair went missing and three weeks later appear along with the replacement pair.

Speak to the company you ordered from, if enough people do the same, these companies may change who they use to deliver their goods. The courier/delivery market is a cut throat one and you do get what you paid for directly or indirectly.
  • Get down the STD clinic Paulie mate
  • ...soz, thought you said My Herpes
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Lol I've had to do that a few times
  • Keep thinking I need to buy some cream.
  • Driver left a mobile number for me to call re a non delivery (I was at home).......called three times and left two messages....no reply.
    Called a fourth time and left an exasperated snotty message.
    Courier then texted me to say he was going to refuse future deliveries to my address because of my rudeness and explaining that he was partially deaf and therefore doesn’t answer his phone and only responds to texts.....like I was supposed to know that!
    Funny how he heard the snotty recorded message and immediately responded but didn’t respond to the previous two.
    Banned from MyHermes.....whatever shall I do.

I would suggest take receipt of your online purchases.
  • Driver left a mobile number for me to call re a non delivery (I was at home).......called three times and left two messages....no reply.
    Called a fourth time and left an exasperated snotty message.
    Courier then texted me to say he was going to refuse future deliveries to my address because of my rudeness and explaining that he was partially deaf and therefore doesn’t answer his phone and only responds to texts.....like I was supposed to know that!
    Funny how he heard the snotty recorded message and immediately responded but didn’t respond to the previous two.
    Banned from MyHermes.....whatever shall I do.

I would suggest take receipt of your online purchases.
    ?
  • So tempted to edit that title...
  • It's the only mistake that Yodel have ever made for me. But.....

I live at No. 2. One day Postie rang the doorbell and said "There's a box of wine with your name and address on it, sitting in the porch of a house up the road, and I think they are on holiday." I thanked him very much for the info.

Indeed, there it was, 400 odd yards up the road. Sure their house number was No. 2 but a completely different street name. The snag, a Neighbourhood Watch type, was pottering around outside with his garden waste wheelie and knew his neighbours were on holiday. He spotted me taking the box out of the porch and understandably thought I was nicking it as I struggled off down the road.

So he challenged me. I was explaining the situation to him, and thought I'd show him the address label to allay his suspicions. So, I decided the box was too heavy for all this marlarkey and popped it down on top of his wheelie. Which didn't have an entirely flat lid. The box slid off and crashed to the ground. And the contents of five bottles of wine (amazingly seven didn't break) gradually seeped out of the cardboard. Which was a shame.

Miraculously, I told the wine company about the delivery error and what had happened and they replaced the wine, which was nice.
  • the trick is to nominate a 'safe spot' for the courier to leave your stuff
  • the trick is to nominate a 'safe spot' for the courier to leave your stuff

Doesn’t help much when they deliver it to the wrong street though....