Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• shine166 said:

He didnt have the service with us, I really dont understand how he can be labelled as shit... when im pretty sure we could take any single striker from a league above us and make them look poor within 10 games.

Harry Kane wouldt get 15 goals if he joined us any time in the last 5 seasons.

Personally i haven't said he is 'shit' , not that you are directing it at me. Regardless of team/service i am not regretting him leaving. Based on 2 goals in a higher division, its too soon to make any thing of it. I dont personally feel he will get 10+ this season, but he has started well as he did with us goal/ratio. He does offer something more which we saw on a few occasions and other times he was lazy.

He is an international and does well for Northern Ireland , so he isn't as bad as we make out just i am happy for him to have moved on and hopefully the replacement Taylor will have a good season.
  • shine166 said:

He didnt have the service with us, I really dont understand how he can be labelled as shit... when im pretty sure we could take any single striker from a league above us and make them look poor within 10 games.

Personally i haven't said he is 'shit' , not that you are directing it at me. Regardless of team/service i am not regretting him leaving. Based on 2 goals in a higher division, its too soon to make any thing of it. I dont personally feel he will get 10+ this season, but he has started well as he did with us goal/ratio. He does offer something more which we saw on a few occasions and other times he was lazy.

He is an international and does well for Northern Ireland , so he isn't as bad as we make out just i am happy for him to have moved on and hopefully the replacement Taylor will have a good season.
    3 goals from 4 games in a higher division and half of the total goals Bolton have scored in the Championship this season
  • Making this bloke (and others) look a bit silly right now...

• shine166 said:

3 goals from 4 games in a higher division and half of the total goals Bolton have scored in the Championship this season
    sorry mr pedantic, i thought it was 2/3 i haven't been keeping a tally. Still good for him, i am not knocking him just not too bothered about him,
  • shine166 said:

sorry mr pedantic, i thought it was 2/3 i haven't been keeping a tally. Still good for him, i am not knocking him just not too bothered about him,
    Neither am I. But I do think that, with the right delivery and system, he will get 10+ goals in the Championship.
  • Liked Magennis, shame we let him go for peanuts.

Also seems to be a common theme of players leaving and doing well...great fun supporting Charlton
  • Scored his 4th goal of the season earlier on after coming off the bench against QPR.
  • Scored his 4th goal of the season earlier on after coming off the bench against QPR.

Still 1 behind Lyle
  • Sponsored links:

• Was a GK error too. 3 of his goals this year have been luck, it'll eventually level out.
  • In a way Magennis would potentially have been a great strike partner for Taylor... trouble is though both Grant and Taylor are quick to attack and with the former learning to use his pace dangerously its making them look good together

Still 1 behind Lyle
    Still in a higher league than Lyle.
  • Taylor to me is a better player than Magennis, though I would have been happy to have kept Magennis in the squad as he offers different strengths. Indeed he would have been a more useful squad option then Ajose.
  • Good move for Josh.
    Good move for Charlton.
    We needed a new option up front and now at League 1 level we have Grant and Taylor who already play each other in and Score goals.
    The two misses Josh had in the 1st leg against the shrews were really poor,
    Must still grate on Lee as well as me because he mentioned it last weak.

We Still Need a 3rd striker as Ajosie has lost his mojo and not convinced it's going to be found.
  • The opening burst of goals has rather dried up. Great defending corners and free kicks in his own box though, I think we miss him there.
  • Have to fancy Bolton for relegation this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• The opening burst of goals has rather dried up. Great Good (Yann was great) defending corners and free kicks in his own box though, I think we miss him there.

Fixed that for you mate.

It's a miracle that Parky got them promoted in the first place, then kept them up

Dunno tough to call still, teams below:
    Preston - weak team but can get a result
    Rotherham - weakest team imo
    Reading- Dont really rate them, again can pull of a result
    Hull -Inconsistent but on their day will get results
    Ipswich - Will need to see how the new manager does, real chance they could get out of trouble

Thats just the ones immediately below them, based on the inconsistencies impossible to call, Hopefully Millwall get dragged back in too & QPR ideally as both of them have picked up of late :(
  • edited October 2018
    Missed a penalty the other week too, so at least we haven't downgraded there

Dunno tough to call still, teams below:
    Preston - weak team but can get a result
    Rotherham - weakest team imo
    Reading- Dont really rate them, again can pull of a result
    Hull -Inconsistent but on their day will get results
    Ipswich - Will need to see how the new manager does, real chance they could get out of trouble

Thats just the ones immediately below them, based on the inconsistencies impossible to call, Hopefully Millwall get dragged back in too & QPR ideally as both of them have picked up of late :(
    Can't see Parky keeping them up again this season - still seems a weak squad.
  • It's wierd how fans cannot remember that Magennis always had purple patches with us where he would score a few goals in a few games, before going 10+ without scoring.

Nothing against Magennis who was a top lad, and I am happy to proven wrong after half a season. But just with Lyle Taylor let's not get carried away after two games.

This bloke seemed to hit the nail on the head....
  • He will be the modern day Simon Makienok.
    Transferred, scored a hat trick for his new club, and never heard of again.

This bloke was not bad either.
  • Linked with a move to Everton. Can't see it myself
  • Well done Josh. Going away with the Irish squad must be so refreshing after the appalling way that he and the rest of the staff at Bolton have been treated in recent months.