Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• JohnBoyUK said:

Surely only a matter of time before he gets pushed out before he walks out.

Massive game for Utd against Spurs next weekend now.
    Mourinho will expect a reaction and so will the supporters.

That performance will be the tell tale sign of whether he's lost the dressing room or not.

Not the greatest admirer of either club (although bizarrely, when I was a kid, Hoddle was my idol and I ran around in an Arsenal top! - mind you, so did Harry Kane!), but I'd love to see Spurs turn them over and hammer another nail into the archaic coffin of the narcissist that is Mourinho.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

That performance will be the tell tale sign of whether he's lost the dressing room or not.

Not the greatest admirer of either club (although bizarrely, when I was a kid, Hoddle was my idol and I ran around in an Arsenal top! - mind you, so did Harry Kane!), but I'd love to see Spurs turn them over and hammer another nail into the archaic coffin of the narcissist that is Mourinho.
    I've always hated Man United. Used to dislike Spurs but have been impressed by their performances since Pochettino went there and will definitely be glad to see they defeat Man United.
  • I wonder if Zidane has been spotted house hunting in Cheshire!

Not sure who else they'd go for, I can't see any of the current PL managers taking the job

Has to be Zidane, they have tried everybody else now!
    Yeah i think he'll be their first choice
  • Not just Jose but the whole premier league bubble can do one, i do think the city money has ruined it, the strength of the bench on Sunday was ridiculous to leave out walker, sane and still score that freely
  • I'm convinced he doesn't want to be there, the club don't want him there & he'll be gone by Christmas. Zidane should start looking at houses in Manchester
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Poch for United!!
  • Weird thing is I'm not sure Zidane is actually any good despite winning 3 champions leagues in a row!
  • Weird thing is I'm not sure Zidane is actually any good despite winning 3 champions leagues in a row!

Wont have Ronaldo to get him out of trouble at United...

Didn't he win something like 8 or 9 trophies in 2 and a half years? Seemed quite good to me.

Managing a club like Madrid isn't just about winning games though, as their players are good enough to win games on their own, it's also about uniting the dressing room, managing egos, getting players to respect you, and he did all of that.
  • Sponsored links:

Didn't he win something like 8 or 9 trophies in 2 and a half years? Seemed quite good to me.

Managing a club like Madrid isn't just about winning games though, as their players are good enough to win games on their own, it's also about uniting the dressing room, managing egos, getting players to respect you, and he did all of that.
    Ok, put another way, I think he was the right man at the right time for Real but I'm not sure how well he'd do elsewhere.
  • Prefer him to fat prick Evans ATM
  • Will he be sacked this week after that?
  • Jose looked a bit emotional at the end, United scarf in hand, looks like he’s taking home a memento.
  • The fella has no need to ever work again if he doesn't want to and that's without another pay off if Manure give him the tin tac. Nice work if you can get it :-).
  • He looked ready to resign at the end
  • Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

The board has a lot to answer for but at least it's giving us all a laugh.
  • He'll be gone by Christmas.
  • I liked him originally. Now, he looks unhappy. Just give the game up, you don’t seem to be enjoying it! He’s spent 400m on United, and still hundreds of miles behind City and Liverpool IMO
  • edited August 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• He’ll be at PSG next season if Tuchel doesn’t do well in Europe...
  • Lets be honest this bloke has spent the whole time he has managed manure living in a hotel.

He clearly never saw it as a long term appointment.
  • edited August 2018
  • edited August 2018
    He lost at the end of the press conference, very amusing. "I've won 3 Prem titles alone. That's more than the other 19 managers put together. Respect. Respect....." True, but a bit desperate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45325398
  • Riviera said:

He lost at the end of the press conference, very amusing. "I've won 3 Prem titles alone. That's more than the other 19 managers put together. Respect. Respect....." True, but a bit desperate.

Completely. He won’t be there much longer.
  • Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

The board gave the bloke 300 million quid - it isn't their fault he wasted it on shit defenders!

Bottom line is that Mourinho is a man out of his time, it's hard for him to take but it's getting more and more obvious as the seasons pass.

Very similar situation to George Graham who was brilliant at Arsenal and did very well at Leeds but by the time he got to Spurs found that his rigid 4-4-2 had been bypassed by the modern game and he went downhill fast.

If he does go then Man United have a massive problem as they will have very few options left.
  • edited August 2018

Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

The board gave the bloke 300 million quid - it isn't their fault he wasted it on shit defenders!

Bottom line is that Mourinho is a man out of his time, it's hard for him to take but it's getting more and more obvious as the seasons pass.

Very similar situation to George Graham who was brilliant at Arsenal and did very well at Leeds but by the time he got to Spurs found that his rigid 4-4-2 had been bypassed by the modern game and he went downhill fast.

If he does go then Man United have a massive problem as they will have very few options left
    Tosh!
    You'd have a queue as long as a bus stop at N Greenwich at 6pm on a work day desperate for the job. A queue headed by ZZ and every other manager in the world bar Pep (for now). Utd have appointed badly since Fergie left but it is still the biggest job in world club football.
  • Riviera said:

Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

If he does go then Man United have a massive problem as they will have very few options left
    Tosh!
    You'd have a queue as long as a bus stop at N Greenwich at 6pm on a work day desperate for the job. A queue headed by ZZ and every other manager in the world bar Pep (for now). Utd have appointed badly since Fergie left but it is still the biggest job in world club football.
    Obviously, there'd be no shortage of managers wanting the Man Utd job - that doesn't mean a thing.

If Jose goes then Man United would have burned through a 'Fergie like' British manager, David Moyes, a tried and trusted European coach, Louis Van Gaal, and then finally a legendary figure in the shape of Jose Mourinho.

If none of them could get anywhere close to winning the league then who out there can?
  • He’ll be at PSG next season if Tuchel doesn’t do well in Europe...

No way he would get the job ahead of Zidane.