Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington 1 CAFC 1 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• edited August 2018
  • ross1 said:
    nope......still not working.
  • RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

F@cking never doing accy again

You home yet mate?
    Nice to meet you red, are you going bradford next month
  • clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

You home yet mate?
    He told me he was but is having second thoughts after he met you.
  • Ref was poor for both sides. He really was.
  • Can't be arsed.
  • nowadays we should count our limited blessings for a point ANYwhere .. Posh on Tuesday will tell us a lot about us, them and the relative strengths in this division/league
  • Thought the ref was poor, giving them nothing free kicks and seemed more than happy to book our players. One incident from yesterday, we played a ball through the middle, the lino puts his flag up and their centre-back catches the ball. The ref blows his whistle for the free kick for offside side and not for handball.

Thats because the first of the two incidents was the offside one - correct decision!!
  • PATFTM

(posted after travelling 520 miles)

Firstly.............I don't get all this "useless - can't beat Accrington Stanley" rubbish. They are in our league. Doesn't matter how big (Sunderland) or how small (Accrington) we have to play them. They are equal to us. no more, no less. get over it......

Now onto the game.............

Having being delayed by all the 50 mph restrictions, delays & sodding cars breaking down in live lanes on the M6, and then belting down the M65 at 85-90 mph so as to only miss the first 5 mins of the game, all I can say is I hope LB & the players pay any speeding ticket I may get as they did sod all else for the 85 mins we did see.

In all 3 league games we have taken the lead ( 2 within the first 15 mins). In all 3 we have then been pegged back with only one going on to sore another goal. Our problems are not at the back but up front. Taylor is a physical presence & once again gave their back line a torrid time, but a striker.........nah. Grant is quick & scored a decent goal, but should have squared it to Taylor in the 2nd half & needs to learn to shoot with his left foot if he's going to play on that side of a front 2.LB rates him a striker rather than a winger........nah, not for me. We have 2 other strikers sitting on the bench...........yet LB refuses to bring them on. All the time we have those 4 being part of the squad we are going to fail to win matches. End of.

As for the formation. Looks good on paper & I like Sarr as part of a back 3, but although Pearce is not quick he will be better than our Arsenal loanee. Solly can't play wing back. He cant cross & every time he gets down the wing he stops & passes it back or inside.........total waste of time. He even passed when he was set up to shoot from a corner. Training my arse ! Pratley was the best player out there but Aribo is wasted in that formation. Isn't getting forward enough & we are left with Lapslie being the playmaker. He did put it in Grant a couple of times but a lot to ask a youngster playing his first season to be the pivotal chance maker.

Not much else to say. A draw was probably a fair result unless we battered them in the first 5 mins as the 85 we did see we hardly had another shot on target.

The first 3 games is our season in a nutshell. will be mediocre mid table - not enough goals to win games but will always be in games.

PS. just to show you how bad Golfie Jnr thought it was - he refused to clap the players at the end. He was not at all impressed & had the right hump all the way home.

Chip off the old block :wink:
  • Thought the ref was poor, giving them nothing free kicks and seemed more than happy to book our players. One incident from yesterday, we played a ball through the middle, the lino puts his flag up and their centre-back catches the ball. The ref blows his whistle for the free kick for offside side and not for handball.

Wasnt that the right call though?

i.e. Lino raises his flag to indicate offside you never see the referee over ruling in that regard, only way we could have been given a free kick for handball was if the flag had been raised and then lowered again after the Linesman realised he'd made a mistake
    What about playing to the whistle?
    We are being pedantic here though. It was offside and their free kick. We really don't need to worry whether their defender should have played on or not.

The ref wasn't great but it's not the reason we didn't win.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Cor don't we like a moan on here.
    We've near enough got our midfield missing, no cover in defence and up front and we expect miracles.
  • PATFTM

Having being delayed by all the 50 mph restrictions, delays & sodding cars breaking down in live lanes on the M6, and then belting down the M65 at 85-90 mph so as to only miss the first 5 mins of the game, all I can say is I hope LB & the players pay any speeding ticket I may get as they did sod all else for the 85 mins we did see.

I’m sure it was you last year or some other seasoned traveller but do yourself a favour and get the “Waze” navigation app on your phone , it’s a must and it’s free.
    You’ll need to have a charger in your car and a simple stand or something to hold the phone in , (I bought mine online for £7 ish)
    It will give you a much much better chance of getting to these games on time. It works routes out “live” and will give you a much better estimate of time of arrival than your bog standard sat navs on cars and it does the thinking for you , none of this oh M1 M6 or whatever is the best route , it is if there are no other cars on the road , accidents or roadworks , this app works out which way to go taking in to account “live” traffic conditions .
    Of course if an accident happens close in front of you the app can’t perform miracles but I swear by it .
    Give it a go and I bet it brings a smile to your face , well maybe not !!
    If you don’t try it then you’ll be berating the traffic again and again when there is help out there .
    It’s not perfect but it can only help .

You can now say you were using it and it fucked you up in the first place !
    I do & it did. my sat nav tells me about incidents ahead & asks if I want to re-route. Last time I let it re-route me (when I was travelling to Oxford to see a client) it took me off the M25 & around all the towns & villages during school pick-up time. Made me later than if I stayed where I was.
    Were you using Waze or the one in your car ?
    Cos I know the one in my car has re route etc but it is shit and will always estimate arrival that is well wrong .
    Waze is sooooo much better than your car sat navs .
    Try it I bet it’s better than whatever you used yesterday .
    Had never heard of Waze. Used the standard Garmin 'live' built-in Sat-Nav (which I always found to be really reliable) in my last car.

However, shall give Waze a try when I'm next home. Cheers.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/tech/waze-app-what-is-it-and-how-to-download-google-sat-nav-on-iphone-android/

Edit: How much data does it use on a 4-5 hour journey out of interest?
    Sorry mate , no idea re data
  • PATFTM

I’m sure it was you last year or some other seasoned traveller but do yourself a favour and get the “Waze” navigation app on your phone , it’s a must and it’s free.
    You’ll need to have a charger in your car and a simple stand or something to hold the phone in , (I bought mine online for £7 ish)
    It will give you a much much better chance of getting to these games on time. It works routes out “live” and will give you a much better estimate of time of arrival than your bog standard sat navs on cars and it does the thinking for you , none of this oh M1 M6 or whatever is the best route , it is if there are no other cars on the road , accidents or roadworks , this app works out which way to go taking in to account “live” traffic conditions .
    Of course if an accident happens close in front of you the app can’t perform miracles but I swear by it .
    Give it a go and I bet it brings a smile to your face , well maybe not !!
    If you don’t try it then you’ll be berating the traffic again and again when there is help out there .
    It’s not perfect but it can only help .

You can now say you were using it and it fucked you up in the first place !
    I do & it did. my sat nav tells me about incidents ahead & asks if I want to re-route. Last time I let it re-route me (when I was travelling to Oxford to see a client) it took me off the M25 & around all the towns & villages during school pick-up time. Made me later than if I stayed where I was.
    Were you using Waze or the one in your car ?
    Cos I know the one in my car has re route etc but it is shit and will always estimate arrival that is well wrong .
    Waze is sooooo much better than your car sat navs .
    Try it I bet it’s better than whatever you used yesterday .
    Had never heard of Waze. Used the standard Garmin 'live' built-in Sat-Nav (which I always found to be really reliable) in my last car.

However, shall give Waze a try when I'm next home. Cheers.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/tech/waze-app-what-is-it-and-how-to-download-google-sat-nav-on-iphone-android/

Edit: How much data does it use on a 4-5 hour journey out of interest?
    Sorry mate , no idea re data
    I’m guessing very little
  • I’m sure I read somewhere on here that we’d sold circa 900 for this? Some social media who disclose away attendances are suggesting we sold only 678!!

Attendance given out at the ground was the figure mentioned.

perhaps the club gave out misleading info prior to the game.....not the first time they would lie about attendance figures.
    I said 800-900 as the ticket office told me this just after they had made it all ticket and so I had to buy a ticket rather than just walk up as I was planning to do.
    At the game heard one of their high viz fella's telling a cop saying it was to stop Charlton undesirables. I obviously explained to him that our owner does not attend our games.
  • edited August 2018
    Scoham said:
    Interesting quote at the end from Joe Aribo:
    “You can’t go wrong with the performances we’re putting in, we’re working together.
    I just want to see what’s going to happen for the rest of the season.”

Which IMO means, if it goes well and we are promoted, he'll stay and sign a new contract.

But if we muddle our way through the season, then he's off.
  • edited August 2018
    I very much doubt that Joe Aribo will sign a contract under this ownership, following the withdrawal of a recent offer and its represention with a 50% reduction. Nothing short of insulting.

If we are still suffering under Duchatelet by the end of the year, I have little doubt that Aribo, Bauer and (subject to fitness) Fosu will be touted around in the January window at heavily discounted prices.
  • Blucher said:

I very much doubt that Joe Aribo will sign a contract under this ownership, following the withdrawal of a recent offer and its represention with a 50% reduction. Nothing short of insulting.

I reckon players like Aribo are counting on a change of ownership sooner rather than later.
    They are under contract at the moment, and can't do anything about it.

But otherwise they are settled, like the setup, team mates etc ..... and would sign an improved contract, especially if promoted or felt the club was on the up.

• Sponsored links:

• We spend weeks berating the lack of resources available to the squad and the truncated pre-season preparation and then we expect results.

We need to be very wary of attacking those who are involved at present, be that the players or coaching staff. They are working in very challenging circumstances. They need our support.

As Grapevine has said, we need to temper our expectations with the present reality of the situation.

And those doing their best in difficult circumstances deserve our suppport.
  • Got up at 5am, one cab and four trains later, arrive in Accrington.
    Go to pub (best part of the day)
    Watched a lifeless draw contested by two Non-League teams, refereed by a total twat.
    Good chips at half time.
    Four trains and one cab later, arrive back home at 12.30am, Sunday morning.
    Find the grandchildren had been in the garage playing about, and hadn't turned the hose off. Garage under water.
    Nineteen and a half hours and £150 later I wonder "WTF".
    Decide I'd rather hang myself than watch this great club slowly die of a pernicious cancer.
    So, after 49 years, 11 months and 2 weeks, and over 2000 games, that is finally it. I've boycotted homes games for over 2 years now, but now that includes away as well.
    And the real tragedy. Three grandsons and a son who live in Eltham who could not give a fuck about CAFC and so are lost as supporters for ever.
    So thanks Roland, and Richard, and all their delusional apologists for utterly ruining what was once a quite unique football club.
    But more importantly, thanks to all those people over the years, including the ten old gits with whom I travelled up to Accrington with on Saturday, more in expectation than hope, who are the real heroes and true friends. Our club does not deserve you.

Great post - hang on, as the old scroat will soon be gone. Of that I'm convinced.
  • edited August 2018
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

You home yet mate?
    You too mate, I hope to be doing Bradford but there's a family birthday celebration around that weekend so I can't be 100% certain at the moment. I've done it for the last two seasons but it's dry in the ground so we've had our pre-match beer in the City Gent pub.
  • Addickted said:

Got up at 5am, one cab and four trains later, arrive in Accrington.
    Watched a lifeless draw contested by two Non-League teams, refereed by a total twat.
    Good chips at half time.
    Find the grandchildren had been in the garage playing about, and hadn't turned the hose off. Garage under water.
    Decide I'd rather hang myself than watch this great club slowly die of a pernicious cancer.
    So, after 49 years, 11 months and 2 weeks, and over 2000 games, that is finally it. I've boycotted homes games for over 2 years now, but now that includes away as well.
    And the real tragedy. Three grandsons and a son who live in Eltham who could not give a fuck about CAFC and so are lost as supporters for ever.
    So thanks Roland, and Richard, and all their delusional apologists for utterly ruining what was once a quite unique football club.
    But more importantly, thanks to all those people over the years, including the ten old gits with whom I travelled up to Accrington with on Saturday, more in expectation than hope, who are the real heroes and true friends. Our club does not deserve you.

Great post - hang on, as the old scroat will soon be gone. Of that I'm convinced.
    It should be spelt scrote, as in scrotum ......whatever that might mean.

• edited August 2018

Got up at 5am, one cab and four trains later, arrive in Accrington.
    Good chips at half time.

Brings a lump to my throat that. A wretched pool of bile which i would just love a chance to hurl at that yellow toothed old Belgian coffin dodger.

FUCK OFF ROLAND!
  • edited August 2018
    clb74 said:

Cor don't we like a moan on here.
    We've near enough got our midfield missing, no cover in defence and up front and we expect miracles.

No miracles expected,just want an owner who cares & will supply the tools to do the job...the rest will then fall into place,but right now we have every right to be moaning at the situation we are in,granted we can't do much about it ourselves (or can we)...but this is our forum & if people want to moan & let off steam...so be it,as somebody keeps saying it is what it is...for now...!!!

(Ps as it goes it would be seen as miracle if this takeover does ever take place)
  • That's the owner though north.
    The manager has got his 3 best midfielders out, lapsie and kag thrown on at the deep end.
    Down to the bare bones and we've still given Sunderland a run for their money.
    Don't get me wrong if we don't get players back the current team will wear down.