Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Doughty and Sarpong-Wiredu played last night!
  • Anyone know if some of that squad are trialists? Never heard of some of them.
  • U23 Update 75' Pretty even since #CreweAlex gifted @CAFCofficial an equaliser...

Chances at either end this half (1-1)
  • Here's how our U23s will line-up against @BCFC this afternoon... XI: Maynard-Brewer, Yao, Cummings, Stevenson, Mascoll, Dempsey, Sarpong-Wiredu, Junior, Doughty, Trialist, Carey. Subs: Osaghae, Blumberg, Isiaka, Ocran, Anderson. #cafc
  • Here's how our U23s will line-up against @BCFC this afternoon... XI: Maynard-Brewer, Yao, Cummings, Stevenson, Mascoll, Dempsey, Sarpong-Wiredu, Junior, Doughty, Trialist, Carey. Subs: Osaghae, Blumberg, Isiaka, Ocran, Anderson. #cafc

Next week's 1st team?

• Sponsored links:

• A lot of defensive errors recently for the U23's.
  • Dazzler21 said:

A lot of defensive errors recently for the U23's.

?
  • Dazzler21 said:

A lot of defensive errors recently for the U23's.

?
    Was on the wrong page of the thread... DO NOT PANIC!
  • At the game. Birmingham are big and strong and age unlucky to be behind. However when we get in the last third we look dangerous. Dempsey again looking good as is Doughty and Brendan. Triallist playing up front. Looks like a youth rather than potential first team player. He's not been up to much so far.
  • At the game. Birmingham are big and strong and age unlucky to be behind. However when we get in the last third we look dangerous. Dempsey again looking good as is Doughty and Brendan. Triallist playing up front. Looks like a youth rather than potential first team player. He's not been up to much so far.

Who is "Junior"? When did he sign for us?
  • HALF TIME | Charlton U23s 2 @BCFC U23s 1.

Goals from Doughty and Carey have the young Addicks in front at the half-way stage. #cafc
  • Was picking up my son from CACT coaching course and saw the game starting. He saw a few players while he was there today. Jackson said hello which made his day.
  • Slow 2nd half if the lack of tweets is anything to go by.
  • Sponsored links:

• 86’ Goal.

Bajrami heads home an equaliser for @BCFC U23s. 2-2. #cafc
  • edited August 2018
    Under 23s following the 1st team with a late equaliser conceded

• FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 2 @BCFC U23s 2.

The points are shared in Professional Development League 2. #cafc
  • Under 23s following the 1st team with a late equaliser conceded

U23's are the first team :wink:
  • It was hugely frustrating to concede that late equaliser as unlike the first half we controlled the second. Birmingham were only dangerous from set pieces and Mascoll conceded a needless foul and one of their two centre backs rose highest from the free kick. Sorry to say it was the worst I have seen Mascoll play. Good going forward but caught out of position several times including their equaliser.

We had this young lad, presumably from the academy, in midfield called Junior Quitirna. Very slightly built but never stopped running, got stuck in and very skillful. I look forward to seeing him again. Dempsey was outstanding. Doughty was a threat and worked hard. Brendan sw is very skillful and a real handful. Again definitely one for the future but reckon he needs to work harder.

Was good to see Anderson come on as a late sub, after time out with injuries. I rate him.

All last year's under 23s bar Maloney afaics were present. It was an entertaining game, so will be back for more in a couple of weeks.

Is Sarmiento still with us does anyone know? I know he would be young for U23’s but if others like Junior are stepping up then I thought he may have too..?
  • It was hugely frustrating to concede that late equaliser as unlike the first half we controlled the second. Birmingham were only dangerous from set pieces and Mascoll conceded a needless foul and one of their two centre backs rose highest from the free kick. Sorry to say it was the worst I have seen Mascoll play. Good going forward but caught out of position several times including their equaliser.

We had this young lad, presumably from the academy, in midfield called Junior Quitirna. Very slightly built but never stopped running, got stuck in and very skillful. I look forward to seeing him again. Dempsey was outstanding. Doughty was a threat and worked hard. Brendan sw is very skillful and a real handful. Again definitely one for the future but reckon he needs to work harder.

Was good to see Anderson come on as a late sub, after time out with injuries. I rate him.

All last year's under 23s bar Maloney afaics were present. It was an entertaining game, so will be back for more in a couple of weeks.

Is Sarmiento still with us does anyone know?
    The coaching staff call him Junior now ...... in case Manchester City still want to sign him. :smile:

• Didn't Junior sign from Hornchurch?
  • Junior is a first year pro not an U18