Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex Charlton keepers in the Premiership

Comments

• Surely a keeper can be subbed at any time?
  • Why isnt Lossl playing for Huddersfield??

I bet Hamer’s thinking the same thing.
  • edited August 2018

Why isnt Lossl playing for Huddersfield??

Seems to me like they knew Chelsea and City would score a few and dont want to damage Lossl's confidence going into key games(survival clearly all they want and games against Cardiff are more important than city and Chelsea)

Lossl will be in goal next week
  • Epic comeback is on
  • Yeah bad day at the office. If keepers could be subbed off at half time he probably would.

What do you mean by If.

A goalkeeper can be taken off at HT
  • Having a mare
  • Could we have a thread for the Premier League where we talk about live PL games etc., just like the World Cup thread?
  • Could we have a thread for the Premier League where we talk about live PL games etc., just like the World Cup thread?

You could start it yourself :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Seems to me like they knew Chelsea and City would score a few and dont want to damage Lossl's confidence going into key games(survival clearly all they want and games against Cardiff are more important than city and Chelsea)

No chance. A manager picks his best available 11. Apparently Hamer had a good pre season so Wagner fancies him
  • Didn't move for the free kick, but let's be honest no keeper would have got to that
  • Confirming what most of us knew, Hamer is not a top flight keeper
  • edited August 2018

Came here to moan it's the "Premier League" not the premiership.
    Only to realise I already have a few months ago.

Wish it didn't bother me as much as it does. Damn it.

Sorry Steve, but of all the things to care about in football this is the very bottom of the list. Whether it's Premier League or Premiership it's still an elitist name for an elitist league division that is doing its best to put the rest of football out of business. It's still the First Division as far as I'm concerned, though I have to call it tier one for that to actually make sense to people whilst keeping it in it's true context.
  • agim said:

Why isnt Lossl playing for Huddersfield??

No chance. A manager picks his best available 11. Apparently Hamer had a good pre season so Wagner fancies him
    That explains why he’s starting then.
  • Yeah bad day at the office. If keepers could be subbed off at half time he probably would.

What do you mean by If.

A goalkeeper can be taken off at HT
    They never do though because of the 1% chance of a keeper injury.

Jessie,

Not sure that CL would be the best place to host such a thread.

I'm pretty sure this type of site/chat room/thread exists elsewhere already especially for those obsessed with Fantasy Football and who want to keep up with developments at every live Prem game.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/82903/premier-league-2018-19#latest

Jessie,

I'm pretty sure this type of site/chat room/thread exists elsewhere already especially for those obsessed with Fantasy Football and who want to keep up with developments at every live Prem game.

Thanks John. From reading posts on CL I vaguely got the impression that quite some of our fans didn't like the Premier League. And Stig's post above just about confirmed my observation so I didn't start one despite Paulie's encouragement. :wink:

Actually I'm not really interested in participating in any other football forums. :wink: I noticed that some Lifers were watching televised PL matches and bringing up old individual ex-player threads so I thought why not discuss in one place. Champions League, La Liga and Serie A all have their own threads.
  • Ben Hamer left Charlton to double his wages at Leicester for sitting on the bench.
    TBF to Ben he made some great saves for CAFC: Brighton last minute and Leeds penalty save to name just 2.
    He also had crazy times flapping and the Colchester mare when he took too long and kicked the ball into the forward and it rebounded into his net.

Neil Etheridge only played a few game for us but kept the score down at Watford in the 5-0 (how wasn't it 10) despite being at fault for one of the goals.

Andy Woodman told me when he was Cafc keeper coach that both Elliott and Randolph could play at a higher level when they keep that 90 minute concentration.(both in early twenties then)

David Button letting in a 35 yard free kick at the valley against Millwall !

Always felt Pope was similar to Tutt, who would have gone on to be a top 3 England keeper. Nick had the hard low shot at his body weakness which he has now eradicated.

Scott Carson had a good season at Charlton but will always have the nightmare of Croatia at Wembley in the Wally with the brolly.

• Sponsored links:

• Hamer 'exposed' |((:>) .. as an aside .. why did sky choose to broadcast the City v Huddersfield game ? .. surely this was one of the most predictable results ever in the history of the prem .. I didn't bother watching as I like to see a game where each side has at least a chance of getting a result and not one side led like lambs to the slaughter
  • Hamer 'exposed' |((:>) .. as an aside .. why did sky choose to broadcast the City v Huddersfield game ? .. surely this was one of the most predictable results ever in the history of the prem .. I didn't bother watching as I like to see a game where each side has at least a chance of getting a result and not one side led like lambs to the slaughter

So they can tick Huddersfield off the list.
  • Ferryman said:

Hamer 'exposed' |((:>) .. as an aside .. why did sky choose to broadcast the City v Huddersfield game ? .. surely this was one of the most predictable results ever in the history of the prem .. I didn't bother watching as I like to see a game where each side has at least a chance of getting a result and not one side led like lambs to the slaughter

So they can tick Huddersfield off the list.</blockquote

??? .. Huddersfield v (say) Southampton or Cardiff or Burnley would potentially be an interesting game .. anyway .. I digress from the post re ex CAFC keepers

Guaranteed goals for their armchair viewers.

So they could have a wankfest over Silva/Aguero/Jesus/Kompany etc etc
  • I always considered Hamer to be a good L1 keeper and a below average Championship keeper. Got to admit though, he's an entertaining prem keeper................

Jessie,

Too right, I'm sick of all this unnecessary football chat distracting from the politics and obituaries.
  • Hamer was an excellent keeper for us but he looked way out of his depth there.

Top strikers like Aguero strike the ball that bit sweeter and more accurately than your average L1/Championship forward and not many of them could finish like Aguero did for his first goal.
  • Hamer was an excellent keeper for us but he looked way out of his depth there.

Top strikers like Aguero strike the ball that bit sweeter and more accurately than your average L1/Championship forward and not many of them could finish like Aguero did for his first goal.

Doesnt help the level of Aguero either

There arent even many Premier League Strikers that are as good as him

Doesnt help the level of Aguero either

There arent even many Premier League Strikers that are as good as him
    Nowhere near as good as Tony Watt though....:)