Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Greenwich

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

Sadly my Mum has mental issues as well... paranoid scritozephenia (excuse the spelling). She doesn't self harm nor is she a threat to anyone but the knock on affect it gets me down. Her illness is due to to wild imagination and the police are aware as she imagines them and calsl the police, (or used to). The local police are aware of my other's illness so when she has the odd momentI will get a call from the police first just to suspect if I think something is tru and wether they need to send someone out. The fact that well before they arrested him they put out that he has mentail health issues it is probably known. The mental health service is appallaing. Last year it was so bad I took the advice of the out of hours health team who told me to ring 999. I called 999. She was in a medical ward first (as she was physically unwell) and then went to Oxleas. T thought great, at least she is in there. Then I got a call from Oxleas to say she would be going back to medcail work at QE. A few days/week later I was contacted by the medical ward to say she is medically fit to come out from the hospital ward. I queried this? and they said "oh we are not aware of any other issues". WTF. Needless to say I she never made it to Oxleas. So frustrated I put on FB that I jsut feel lkie killing myself (not wanting to do it) So many friens and work colleagues got in touch. I went to the local MP, we have a social worker. However, we are still waiting for her to go into alternative accomodation with extra care. Trust me I am finding it very difficult to live with. I don't sleep well. I get stressed out a lot. The social worker is great in that she confirmed that she is trying to get into a place by the end of the year.

Sorry to hear this. Maybe I should think a bit more before posting! Just feeling a little cynical at the moment.
  • thank you SDAddick
  • sam3110 said:

Greenwich is misleading, it's that weird no man's land between New Eltham, Chislehurst and Mottingham

Coldharbour Estate. Deffo not Greenwich very poor reporting by people who have no idea. About 100yds from my old family home.

Very worrying the number of incidents happening in London area these days.
  • sam3110 said:

Greenwich is misleading, it's that weird no man's land between New Eltham, Chislehurst and Mottingham

Coldharbour Estate. Deffo not Greenwich very poor reporting by people who have no idea. About 100yds from my old family home.

London Borough of Greenwich in that it is SE9 but Coldharbour is Mottingham so why don't they report it as Mottingham?
  • LenGlover said:

sam3110 said:

London Borough of Greenwich in that it is SE9 but Coldharbour is Mottingham so why don't they report it as Mottingham?
    Half Mottingham is Borough of Bromley and Half Borough of Greenwich. Coldharbour is Greenwich ( i think)
  • LenGlover said:

sam3110 said:

Funny thing is i got a news alert almost as it happened and I'm in Texas. My wife and neighbours knew nothing until i WhatsApped them.
  • Coldharbour address is and has always been Eltham, despite its proximity to mottingham, mottingham estate and new Eltham, it ain't part of any of them.

When the estate was planned, Bromley gave the land to Greenwich as they didn't want all us oiks upsetting the politics of the borough.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have a lot of gun violence here, but per capita, if people in England had the access to guns and semi-automatics that we do in the USA, you would be having mass-killings every single week. I can only imagine if all the knife attacks, hammer attacks and car attacks you've had in 2018 were assault rifles, instead.
  • We have a lot of gun violence here, but per capita, if people in England had the access to guns and semi-automatics that we do in the USA, you would be having mass-killings every single week. I can only imagine if all the knife attacks, hammer attacks and car attacks you've had in 2018 were assault rifles, instead.

Chicago saw 66 shootings with 12 fatalities a couple of weeks ago, didn't the Donald repeal Obama's mental health provisions on gun ownership?

The social mental healthcare in the UK is a national disgrace and thankfully we do have strong gun control though
    Illinois has among the toughest gun laws in the USA. They have not worked. They had record shootings long before Trump was elected. He is not the cause.

Factoid... take out inner city people from the USA gun violence stats, and shootings per gun-owner per capita is not much different overall than other gun owning countries. Most of the gun deaths are in the inner cities here.

This study shows that black people commit 20x+ the number of gun murders per capita. They make up only 12% of the US population. These are disturbingly politically incorrect numbers, but they are true and it needs to be addressed. I am sure poverty and one-parent families and poor education are the sub cause in the inner city, but the stats are the stats. Outside of the inner city, white gun deaths in the USA are not that different from other gun owning countries. In fact, per capita they are not really a problem overall. 31 per million among men and 11 for women. The death rate for prescription drugs is 245.

• Jesus Christ, clicked on this thread to see what had happened and see it's Joe Xuereb who carried out the attack.

He was in my form class at Woolwich Poly
  • Jesus Christ, clicked on this thread to see what had happened and see it's Joe Xuereb who carried out the attack.

Do you remember much about him?

Do you remember much about him?
    To be honest not really, he was in my form for 5 years but I didn't speak to him much and he missed a few days if I remember right. Seemed a nice lad, bit of a shit and looked for attention but that was a lot of people at my school. I'm quite surprised by this and feel a bit sick. Usually when you open these links you don't expect to see someone who you went school with.

Hope the victims pull through sounds awful

Whoa. THAT is wild.
  • I wonder how many of those US gun deaths are gang related? I'm assuming a significant proportion
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Rudders22 said:

Sadly my Mum has mental issues as well... paranoid scritozephenia (excuse the spelling). She doesn't self harm nor is she a threat to anyone but the knock on affect it gets me down. Her illness is due to to wild imagination and the police are aware as she imagines them and calsl the police, (or used to). The local police are aware of my other's illness so when she has the odd momentI will get a call from the police first just to suspect if I think something is tru and wether they need to send someone out. The fact that well before they arrested him they put out that he has mentail health issues it is probably known. The mental health service is appallaing. Last year it was so bad I took the advice of the out of hours health team who told me to ring 999. I called 999. She was in a medical ward first (as she was physically unwell) and then went to Oxleas. T thought great, at least she is in there. Then I got a call from Oxleas to say she would be going back to medcail work at QE. A few days/week later I was contacted by the medical ward to say she is medically fit to come out from the hospital ward. I queried this? and they said "oh we are not aware of any other issues". WTF. Needless to say I she never made it to Oxleas. So frustrated I put on FB that I jsut feel lkie killing myself (not wanting to do it) So many friens and work colleagues got in touch. I went to the local MP, we have a social worker. However, we are still waiting for her to go into alternative accomodation with extra care. Trust me I am finding it very difficult to live with. I don't sleep well. I get stressed out a lot. The social worker is great in that she confirmed that she is trying to get into a place by the end of the year.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Horrible situation but perhaps it will make a few think twice about their knee jerk reactions on here.
  • Addickted said:

We have a lot of gun violence here, but per capita, if people in England had the access to guns and semi-automatics that we do in the USA, you would be having mass-killings every single week. I can only imagine if all the knife attacks, hammer attacks and car attacks you've had in 2018 were assault rifles, instead.

Chicago saw 66 shootings with 12 fatalities a couple of weeks ago, didn't the Donald repeal Obama's mental health provisions on gun ownership?

The social mental healthcare in the UK is a national disgrace and thankfully we do have strong gun control though
    Illinois has among the toughest gun laws in the USA. They have not worked. They had record shootings long before Trump was elected. He is not the cause.

Factoid... take out inner city people from the USA gun violence stats, and shootings per gun-owner per capita is not much different overall than other gun owning countries. Most of the gun deaths are in the inner cities here.

This study shows that black people commit 20x+ the number of gun murders per capita. They make up only 12% of the US population. These are disturbingly politically incorrect numbers, but they are true and it needs to be addressed. I am sure poverty and one-parent families and poor education are the sub cause in the inner city, but the stats are the stats. Outside of the inner city, white gun deaths in the USA are not that different from other gun owning countries. In fact, per capita they are not really a problem overall. 31 per million among men and 11 for women. The death rate for prescription drugs is 245.

In 2013/14 the total number of murders in the UK, across all age ranges was 537. That's 9 per million. That's NINE PER MILLION for all murders.

The closest stats I can find for murder with a firearm was in 2011/12 when a total for the whole population of the UK was 39. That would be a quiet weekend in Detroit.

Try not to compare the level of violence in the UK with the USA @NapaAddick - generally we tend not to overreact quite as much as you Colonials.
    Think you mean don’t act rather than overreact fella! Pointless irrelevant stat too. The country has changed beyond recognition in 5 years.
  • Also why only 15 to 34?

Don't deaths of over 35s count or is it that more gang related deaths in inner city US are young black men so that age bracket skews the numbers. No doubt that young black men in the US are more likely to kill and be killed but even so that is still a terrible reality and indictment of the US.
  • sam3110 said:

Often happens when they say Lewisham, it's the borough not the actual 'town'.
  • edited August 2018

Mother and daughter not known to each other?
    Think it might mean that thr attacker and the victims are not known to each other, just badly written
  • Murder rate in the UK has not gone up that much TBF. Still a lot lower than it was... Last year's peak includes Hillsborough, and the other big peak includes Shipman
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!