Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• Options
    250-260 India’s runs with the spread bookies
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The thing with Curran being drop, I agree it's harsh but feel it is correct.

If you left out rashid or butter one of the 3 all rounders would bat at 9 and one would not bowl many overs. It's highly likely that Anderson, Broad plus 2 will bowl them out. Also possible that no 9 won't bat. 5 seamers at trent Bridge in this weather is pointless.

No one not Sam, Tom, Mr and Mrs Curran, grandma Curran or Great aunt flo would argue that Sam is CURRENTLY better than either Woakes or Stokes.

Harsh but fair and hope that it was done in as positive fashion as possible.

Sam's father Kevin Curran died in 2012, most cricket fans would know that
  • Options
    82-3 at lunch - 3 wickets for Woakes
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

The thing with Curran being drop, I agree it's harsh but feel it is correct.

If you left out rashid or butter one of the 3 all rounders would bat at 9 and one would not bowl many overs. It's highly likely that Anderson, Broad plus 2 will bowl them out. Also possible that no 9 won't bat. 5 seamers at trent Bridge in this weather is pointless.

No one not Sam, Tom, Mr and Mrs Curran, grandma Curran or Great aunt flo would argue that Sam is CURRENTLY better than either Woakes or Stokes.

Harsh but fair and hope that it was done in as positive fashion as possible.

Sam's father Kevin Curran died in 2012, most cricket fans would know that
    He also might not have a Great Aunt called Flo.

Shame on you cafc43v3r.
  • Options
    177-3
  • Options
    307-6 at EOP
  • Options
    Proper days Test cricket for a change. Honours pretty even, I guess England just edged it with the late wicket. As we always seem to say the next session will be pivotal. Early wickets and England will be happy to restrict them to 350 or some tail wagging and India could post 400+ and scoreboard pressure will then come into play. Interesting Test match.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Proper days Test cricket for a change. Honours pretty even, I guess England just edged it with the late wicket. As we always seem to say the next session will be pivotal. Early wickets and England will be happy to restrict them to 350 or some tail wagging and India could post 400+ and scoreboard pressure will then come into play. Interesting Test match.

Yes, nice to have a proper day's test cricket for a change. The weather will be fairly consistent over the next few days too.
  • Options
    England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.
  • Options

England to lose this inside 4 days. India will post around 400 & we wont get past 300 on 1st innings.

Thats the spirit, Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jamie is right arm mate.
  • Options
    Start delayed.
  • Options
    anyone got a stream?
  • Options
    323-7
  • Options
    326-8
  • Options
    329 all out. Anderson on a hattrick!
  • Options
    329 all out.
    Well done Golfie.
  • Options
    I'd been ignoring my wife's shouting from upstairs (one of the cats had got stuck on the roof of the bay somehow) and I decided after broad getting pant out I'd answer the call. By the time I'd rescued the cat, put the kettle on it was all over!
  • Options
    I notice Mitchell Johnson has retired from cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes is not currently the better cricketer, Curran should have retained his place and Stokes should wait and take a place from someone who runs out of form, like Buttler,

For those that say Stokes was found not guilty, yes he was. But you’ve seen the videos I guess (I haven’t just read about them) and, no matter what the provocation, he has brought himself into disrepute. Having to work himself back into the side would seem reasonable.
  • Options
    ENG 46-0 at lunch - 283 rn behind.
    Great session for England. Anyone remember Sky Pie?, where they used to give winners of sessions ? - i think that Englandd would be 3-1 up now.
  • Options

Stokes is not currently the better cricketer, Curran should have retained his place and Stokes should wait and take a place from someone who runs out of form, like Buttler,

For those that say Stokes was found not guilty, yes he was. But you’ve seen the videos I guess (I haven’t just read about them) and, no matter what the provocation, he has brought himself into disrepute. Having to work himself back into the side would seem reasonable.

I dont quite agree with your belief that Curran is a better player than Stokes tbh Neil - after all, Stokes is the best All-rounder in the world at the moment - not something that young Sam can quite attain at the moment-but give him time. However, i do sympathise with your sentiments re Buttler.
    I think that both Cook and Jennings are under pressure in this test - which normally means that Cook will score a double-hundred which will keep him in the team for another series.
  • Options
    Cook gone for 29. 54-1
  • Options
    Cook gone.
  • Options
    And Jennings.
  • Options
    Cook will be under pressure methinks now.
  • Options
    Both openers out, a classic example of the Boycott "add 2 wickets to the score" proverb
  • Options
    Jennings also nder pressure now.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    54-2....

Bumrah hattrick ball