Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Last season he was playing alongside Kaikai - this season Ronaldo......
  • Millwall got Jem Karacan, who was linked on here. I wonder if he was the player we nearly got last week?
  • edited August 2018
    Not a rumour but given Bow wants a striker/winger I'd like us to get Chedoize Ogbene from Brentford, ex-Limerick. Pacy strong and knows where the goal is and not featured much.
  • Not a rumour but given Bow wants a striker/winger I'd like us to get Chedoize Ogbene from Brentford, ex-Limerick. Pacy strong and knows where the goal is and not featured much.

We need to be doing better than Brentford cast offs.

I don’t mind players like a Eunan O Kane who has already proved themselves, or players like Bielik who can’t get in the Arsenal team.

Maybe it’s just depressing me that all we can look at is Brentford randoms and this the reality of where we are.

• Chuks Aneke on loan?
  • Chuks Aneke on loan?

Is that a rumour or suggestion?
  • Chuks Aneke on loan?

Would he cost or is he just not wanted by a league 2 team?
  • Oggy Red said:

There's not much surf here on the South Coast today, Large. Fairly calm.

I might have to do some gardening instead .... but I'm trying to find any excuse not to do it.

just cut the grass & pruned a few shrubs. Up at Accrington tomorrow & don't want to do it sunday...Nice weather here too.

sorry....no transfer rumours I'm afraid......unless little worm from flower bed to recycle bin counts.
    Ditto.
  • Richard J said:

Chuks Aneke on loan?

Is that a rumour or suggestion?
    Suggestion. Talks recently broke down with him being loaned to Bolton. Would be a good attacking option.

• Not a rumour but given Bow wants a striker/winger I'd like us to get Chedoize Ogbene from Brentford, ex-Limerick. Pacy strong and knows where the goal is and not featured much.

We need to be doing better than Brentford cast offs.

I don’t mind players like a Eunan O Kane who has already proved themselves, or players like Bielik who can’t get in the Arsenal team.

Maybe it’s just depressing me that all we can look at is Brentford randoms and this the reality of where we are.

In your dreams...........We'll be lucky to get Billericay Cast-offs.

We are in League One, with hardly any budget & an owner who would sell his own grandmother if it paid this months leccy bill.

I'm surprised that we've brought in the players we have tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also on our radar should be Soulemane Coulibaly who seems to have sorted his £1m compensstion to an Arab club he walked out on. Prolific and young, interest from Partick and Aberdeen. Free agent.
  • Juat seen Ross Wallace is a free agent released by Sheffield Wednesday. He's a winger and always looked decent when I've seen him play. Wouldn't pass the height test though.

We could also relieve the glory years and re-sign Valley legends Martin Cranie and Greg Halford who are free too then top it off with a 36 year old Hoolahan.
  • Think you are using legends when it should be bellends.
  • I’d take Halford
  • edited August 2018
    cfgs said:

I’d take Halford

So would I, somewhere far away so I don't have to hear about him again.
    Yeh but he's got a long throw and..........a long throw and ...........another long throw, what's not to like :-).
  • RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

I’d take Halford

Yeh but he's got a long throw and..........a long throw and ...........another long throw, what's not to like :-).
    Him.
  • I’d take Halford

Why? Bielik plays in the same positions.
  • RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

I’d take Halford

And he passes the height test
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

I’d take Halford

And he passes the height test
    Very true which also makes him very vulnerable to a nutmeg :wink: .
  • jac52 said:

Juat seen Ross Wallace is a free agent released by Sheffield Wednesday. He's a winger and always looked decent when I've seen him play. Wouldn't pass the height test though.

We could also relieve the glory years and re-sign Valley legends Martin Cranie and Greg Halford who are free too then top it off with a 36 year old Hoolahan.

I think Cranie is one of the worst players I've ever seen
  • Bally Smart is still only 29 :-).
  • edited August 2018
    By January our new owners will be splashing the Sterling/Aussie Dollars/Saudi Riyals so we'll be able to buy a new team...
  • By January our new owners will be splashing the Sterling/Aussie Dollars/Saudi Riyals so we'll be able to buy a new team...
    We use £ in Bromley nudge nudge wink wink
  • By January our new owners will be splashing the Sterling/Aussie Dollars/Saudi Riyals so we'll be able to buy a new team...
    The Bromley Contingent?
  • JamesSeed said:

By January our new owners will be splashing the Sterling/Aussie Dollars/Saudi Riyals so we'll be able to buy a new team...
    The Bromley Contingent?
    Ask @LouisMend as we were discussing the Bromley Contingent yesterday on the train.
  • Really think we need experienced players now. I was hoping Elliott Ward was signing. He would have been perfect to help see out the games at Sunderland and Accrington.

Could we sign Dawkins and him until January?

Also could we be in for Richie Towell? I am curious he hasn't gone back to Rotherham. I suspect that the midfielder signing will not happen until closer to the deadline because of Championship interest.
  • Accrington game has confirmed that we need a right back who can play wing back.
    Also need midfield creativity, someone who can play a killer pass. Not sure we’re well endowed in that department, even amongst the injured players. Clarke possibly? Reeves potentially? Fosu isn't that player.

For all Bowyer’s talk about finishing teams off, it seems like we were second best for much of the match, and certainly in the second half.

Peterborough could hammer us on Tuesday if we’re not at our best.