Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2018
    I understand that De Turck’s target was to save £500k. He’s unlikely to achieve that from non-football budgets but in the context of a sale it’s no more than a shoulder shrug anyway.
  • I only read the posts which have a signicant amount of likes, at least 8.

Just a bit of advice to any others on here who are losing their marbles on this thread.

This
  • Once Airman had confirmed this bid, I got quite excited. But then realising they are still to do DD, my excitement waned, as once they realise the club is worth more like £40 rather than £40 million they will run for the hills
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Once Airman had confirmed this bid, I got quite excited. But then realising they are still to do DD, my excitement waned, as once they realise the club is worth more like £40 rather than £40 million they will run for the hills

Pretty sure they'd have an idea of the real worth of the club before spending money and undertaking DD
  • IdleHans said:

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Already prefer this new mob to the Aussies

Yep, they sound ideal.

Especially as nobody knows who they are or anything at all.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

That should be enough for everyone.
    If you were loaded, why on earth would you base yourself in Bromley?
    Savage
  • Can a new bidder buy DD off the Aussies and would they sell it to a new bidder or does it not work like that??
  • Can a new bidder buy DD off the Aussies and would they sell it to a new bidder or does it not work like that??

Yep. £39m.

Why don’t they just get together. It should mean that they have at least £40m to get the ball rolling after the purchase. Simples.
  • edited August 2018

Can a new bidder buy DD off the Aussies and would they sell it to a new bidder or does it not work like that??

Yes, but I imagine the Aussies would only consider selling it if they'd given up all current and future hope of buying the club. From the little that's been leaked via Jimmy Seed that certainly doesn't sound like the case, but you never know.
  • IdleHans said:

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

You'll never know
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Perhaps that explains the current cutbacks on players and overheads.. so that prospective buyers don’t have to show as much to the EFL to get the sale.

We were told running costs had put some buyers off. Of course we have a big stadium unlike a lot of League One clubs so not sure they are comparing like for like, the EFL stipulation might better explain it.

Also makes one think if the Aussies only had to show two years and were struggling to do that even let alone 5 years, they really weren’t credible or perhaps suitable buyers

We don’t know that’s the case do we.
  • Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

Exactly. Isn't the mystery exciting?
  • edited August 2018
    _nam11 said:

IdleHans said:

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Yep, they sound ideal.

Savage
    Didn't know Robbie was based locally these days, any chance of getting him on the Charlton Live programme to up the quality of the presenters @LouisMend? :wink:
  • So has been Arabs , Russians , Red Bull , Australians and now some guy From Bromley .

Yes, but I imagine the Aussies would only consider selling it if they'd given up all current and future hope of buying the club. From the little that's been leaked via Jimmy Seed that certainly doesn't sound like the case, but you never know.
    They would want at least the costs they have incurred to date. Don't forget any new buyer would still have to join the queue for EFL approval.
  • Fumbluff said:

Not sure we need to do any pretending
  • edited August 2018

So has been Arabs , Russians , Red Bull , Australians and now some guy From Bromley .

Crusty54 said:

Can a new bidder buy DD off the Aussies and would they sell it to a new bidder or does it not work like that??

They would want at least the costs they have incurred to date. Don't forget any new buyer would still have to join the queue for EFL approval.
    Cant Roland sell them his ?
  • No offence to James Seed Airman and NLA but I will never be convinced there is a deal on the table unless WIOTIS

As you were

2298 pages
  • J BLOCK said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Once Airman had confirmed this bid, I got quite excited. But then realising they are still to do DD, my excitement waned, as once they realise the club is worth more like £40 rather than £40 million they will run for the hills

Pretty sure they'd have an idea of the real worth of the club before spending money and undertaking DD
    Peter Varney would no doubt have briefed them on that....assuming (as some are suggesting), he was involved in putting various parties together to begin talks.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

No one wants us, we don’t care.

Except we do.
  • edited August 2018

No offence to James Seed Airman and NLA but I will never be convinced there is a deal on the table unless WIOTIS

As you were

2298 pages

As far as this latest interest is concerned, there is no deal on the table. It’s simply an approach which was passed on to Murray by Duchatelet and has since involved discussions between lawyers. There is no “deal” and to my knowledge no “bid”.

In respect of the Aussies and the mysterious British group, the “deal on the table” was reported to be in place by the club’s official website back in February, quoting Murray. I’m not sure this has proven very reliable so far, but we live in hope!

• So in a nutshell . What news on this new interest and what is it based upon .
  • No offence to James Seed Airman and NLA but I will never be convinced there is a deal on the table unless WIOTIS

As you were

2298 pages

As far as this latest interest is concerned, there is no deal on the table. It’s simply an approach which was passed on to Murray by Duchatelet and has since involved discussions between lawyers. There is no “deal” and to my knowledge no “bid”.

In respect of the Aussies and the mysterious British group, the “deal on the table” was reported to be in place by the club’s official website back in February, quoting Murray. I’m not sure this has proven very reliable so far, but we live in hope!

Not me I've given up.
    I'm resigned to the fact that scrotumface will be here until next season.
  • Why don't the Aussies contact the "new" potential bidders for investment? Both parties obviously interested, we could be the richest club in EFL by Christmas :wink:
  • now some guy From Bromley .

Russell?
  • razil said:

Maybe it is a lie, although why go to such lengths? They are going so why does it matter what their reasons are, little gain in it.

More interesting to me at least is the point about 2 years costs

What lengths have they gone to?

They just told some more lies.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!