Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Changing energy company

Just changing energy company from SSE. Had bill dated 28th June 2017
In credit electric £130.
In debit gas £127
Now got finel bill for switch date 28th June 2018
Electric same £130 Credit
Gas debit £269
How have I used £140 of gas in one day in this weather.
I can’t access my smart readings for gas now for some reason but I haven’t used hardly any for 3 months.
Has this happened to anyone else I think they owe me £3 not me owe them £140

Comments

• Charlton are going from LEB to Red Bull
  • I presume you meant 2018 ?
    Check your bills, check your usage and call them if you don't agree.
    There is usually a fee if you break a fixed contract earlier than 30 days to expiry.
  • My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.
  • Just changing energy company from SSE. Had bill dated 28th June 2017
    In credit electric £130.
    In debit gas £127
    Now got finel bill for switch date 28th June 2018
    Electric same £130 Credit
    Gas debit £269
    How have I used £140 of gas in one day in this weather.
    I can’t access my smart readings for gas now for some reason but I haven’t used hardly any for 3 months.
    Has this happened to anyone else I think they owe me £3 not me owe them £140

I assume it's a typo given the rest of your post but one appears to be dated 28 June 2017 and the other 28 June 2018?
  • Yes sorry both dated 2018. No my contract has ended. So no fees. Used uswitch to change
  • Talal said:

My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.

I switched to Economy Energy last year and have had nothing but trouble with them. Currently got the energy ombudsman looking at my complaint. Steer well clear of them in my opinion!

• Rizzo said:

Talal said:

My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.

I switched to Economy Energy last year and have had nothing but trouble with them. Currently got the energy ombudsman looking at my complaint. Steer well clear of them in my opinion!

Fair enough! I change every year so was only with them for one but as I say no issues.
  • No gone to bulb.there was one cheaper but bulb had better customer rating. Also get £50 if I recommend anyone so if you all join bulb I might be able to complete this takeover and get rid of Roland
  • No gone to bulb.there was one cheaper but bulb had better customer rating. Also get £50 if I recommend anyone so if you all join bulb I might be able to complete this takeover and get rid of Roland

I've also changed to Bulb this year and they've been very good and the cheapest I could find.
  • Good to hear why didn’t you say could have been another £50 towards Roland out fund.
  • Sponsored links:

• Finally sorted out my outstanding bill with SSE. They wanted £393 off me in the end. After 7 weeks of arguing to the complaints department.they made a right mess of my bills. Had about 3 sets of figures. Forgot to add last estimated bill before changing to smart meter. Anyway settled at £144 to be paid at £12 a month for a year.
    Two things I’d recommend Do Not Get a Smart Meter and Don’t go To SSE.
  • Finally sorted out my outstanding bill with SSE. They wanted £393 off me in the end. After 7 weeks of arguing to the complaints department.they made a right mess of my bills. Had about 3 sets of figures. Forgot to add last estimated bill before changing to smart meter. Anyway settled at £144 to be paid at £12 a month for a year.
    Two things I’d recommend Do Not Get a Smart Meter and Don’t go To SSE.

No problems with SSE so far.

If you are switching worth a look at
    TopCashback or similar when doing so - can add to the saving.

Tend to use USwitch to do the price comparison.
  • I left SSE for bulb in June. But have been arguing over my final bill. Estimated saving of £500
    A year.
  • I've just switched from EON to Bulb, who seemed to be the cheapest I could find at the time (although annoyingly after I'd done it they announced a rate rise). That said, will still be cheaper than EON. Did it via U-switch, which was dead easy, should save a few hundred quid a year.
  • Yep just switched to bulb a few months ago - much better!

https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/rhiao7955 - if anyone wants to switch and earn £50 credit on your account follow my link (I'll get £50 too which would be lovely thanks :smile: )
  • I changed from EON to Bulb recently and so far all is well so far. One thing to bear in mind if you pay an amount monthly the energy company still bills you quarterly. So some quarters you be in credit and some you may be in debit. You can change your monthly amount up or down to try and end up with a zero balance at the end of your contract. Usually though you will either end up in debit or credit at the end of your contract. I had a debit of £200 when I left EON as although they changed my monthly amount as they were relying on manual meter readings the estimated costs were out. One reason to have a smart meter fitted.
  • Don’t have a smart meter fitted your bills will go up
  • The original idea for the smart meter was to show people how much energy they were using and then to get them to switch off the appliances and only use when necessary to save energy. This apparently has not worked. People still like to submit meter readings to regulate their bills and not there energy use.
  • Hey eaststand I recommend bulb first and it’s to buy out Roland fund so piss off trying to fill your own pockets.
  • Stay well clear of Extra Energy. Absolute crooks and probably up there with Southeastern as one of the all time worst companies!
  • Sponsored links:

• Since my smart meter was Fitted at the start of December. I have used £530 in gas that’s in 6-7 months my estimated year figure was £709. It looks like my bill will be £1000 for gas this is with 2 of my kids moving to uni and the twat that installed it capping my gas fire off so I’ve not had gas fire this winter. But bill looks like being £300 increase.
    I’ll say again from my experience don’t get a smart meter.
  • Hey eaststand I recommend bulb first and it’s to buy out Roland fund so piss off trying to fill your own pockets.

Gotta hustle mate :innocent:
  • Got to get rid of Roland eaststand unless you are Roland cost cutting again and trying to balance books.

I do not have smart meters. If I switch will the new suppliers insist I have them ?
  • Don't believe so
  • No I don’t think so either
  • edited August 2018
    I moved house 3 years ago & found I already have a smart meter. Doesn't seem a problem & no higher than I would expect to pay - £750 pa for gas & electric for a 2 bed house. I work from home so in a lot of the time. Keep meaning to go on cost comparison websites or Uswitch as I'm with B Gas. :neutral:
  • Since my smart meter was Fitted at the start of December. I have used £530 in gas that’s in 6-7 months my estimated year figure was £709. It looks like my bill will be £1000 for gas this is with 2 of my kids moving to uni and the twat that installed it capping my gas fire off so I’ve not had gas fire this winter. But bill looks like being £300 increase.
    I’ll say again from my experience don’t get a smart meter.

Why would a smart meter affect your bill?
  • Just changed to a company called Enstroga......never heard of them but evidently I am getting the best deal, having used an on line agent to source one for me.
    Can only assume they were honest and have done what it said on the tin.