Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• i know through pals working at the stadium that only half of the escalators are in and around a 1/4 of the toilets, they are paying way over the odds for tradesman atm some v average sparks are nearly getting 3/400 a day which is a lot.
  • i know through pals working at the stadium that only half of the escalators are in and around a 1/4 of the toilets, they are paying way over the odds for tradesman atm some v average sparks are nearly getting 3/400 a day which is a lot.

Hello mate, do you know what agency or firm is hiring sparks for this as my brother's site is coming to an end soon?
  • Red_James said:

i know through pals working at the stadium that only half of the escalators are in and around a 1/4 of the toilets, they are paying way over the odds for tradesman atm some v average sparks are nearly getting 3/400 a day which is a lot.

Hello mate, do you know what agency or firm is hiring sparks for this as my brother's site is coming to an end soon?
    sorry mate i don't i have pals in the escalator game, and only from what they have said about sparks.
  • Addickted said:

cafc999 said:

I am working over there. It's a shambles

Heard last week that they've not even started the electrical first fix - is that correct?
    No. All trades are behind though
  • Asked a friend who works for Musco who are supplying the floodlights, and they haven’t been tested, it’s that late
  • Should be ok for the start of the season, next season that is.
  • Rothko said:

Asked a friend who works for Musco who are supplying the floodlights, and they haven’t been tested, it’s that late

Its not the only thing that hasn't been tested
  • edited August 2018
    Any sparkies need a job?

3 month contracts

• Tottenham told Premier League home matches must all be at one ground
    • Spurs had looked at splitting matches between Wembley and Milton Keynes
    • Richard Scudamore warned that sharing two stadiums ‘won’t be allowed’

Tottenham Hotspur have been told by the Premier League that they will not be allowed to host matches at two different grounds in one season while they build their new stadium.

Tottenham need somewhere to play matches during the 2017-18 season while they construct their new 61,000-seat arena, adjacent to their current White Hart Lane ground, and had looked at staging their games at Wembley Stadium or Milton Keynes.

With Chelsea also considering Wembley while they redevelop Stamford Bridge, a compromise idea was for the north London club to split games between the two venues. They are said to have canvassed supporters’ groups on the subject, with Wembley and stadium:mk topping the list of possible temporary homes.

But the Premier League’s chief executive, Richard Scudamore, has revealed that would be against its regulations. “They’d have to play in the same stadium for the entire year,” he said. “For the integrity of the competition. You can’t have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won’t be allowed in our competition.”

Scudamore did not, however, rule out the possibility of Chelsea and Tottenham groundsharing at Wembley or any other venue. He would encourage local rival clubs to set aside their differences and build stadiums together, so long as they are able to comply with the Premier League’s pre-determined fixture list.Matches are worked out on the basis that neighbouring teams play at home on alternate dates, meaning Arsenal and Tottenham do not both host matches in the same rounds of games.

Scudamore, in Singapore where he is representing the Premier League at the Barclays Asia Trophy, said: “They know the rules and what we require. They have to provide a stadium. We can’t have a fettered fixture list. Clubs have to be able to deliver 19 home games in the slots that are required. So if they share with a rugby league club, we can’t be fettered as to when those clubs can play. It’s up to them to work out with Wembley or where they want to play, can they deliver that level of commitment to us.

“The positive is that Premier League clubs are paired – Liverpool and Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City etc – so it’s perfectly possible to have two teams playing in one stadium. And you might argue that in some circumstances it would be desirable, but I do know the reason why it’s difficult.”

:smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Spurs and West Ham are paired as well? Suspect they'll end up in Stratford together for a few months.
  • edited August 2018
    Bit awkward really... Whenever there have been an Olympics or World Cup on, our press go to town about how Rio | Athens | Brazil | Russia wont have their Stadiums up and ready in time and that England / London are ready to step in and cover the event because we've already got the infrastructure in place - Of course never happens as those four always managed to get everything done on time

Now a Stadium is being built here and we've clearly missed the deadline with no chance of making it unlike the other countries
  • It's becoming pretty clear they're going to have to do the whole season at Wembley.
  • It's becoming pretty clear they're going to have to do the whole season at Wembley.

Yep... https://www.conradconsulting.co.uk/job/site_supervisor/north_london/25604/

February 2019 and counting...
  • Bit awkward really... Whenever there have been an Olympics or World Cup on, our press go to town about how Rio | Athens | Brazil | Russia wont have their Stadiums up and ready in time and that England / London are ready to step in and cover the event because we've already got the infrastructure in place - Of course never happens as those four always managed to get everything done on time

Now a Stadium is being built here and we've clearly missed the deadline with no chance of making it unlike the other countries

TBF to Spurs, that always looked an ambitious target and to get as far as they have done with the construction of what looks like it’s going to be an amazing stadium is still pretty impressive
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Any sparkies need a job?

3 month contracts

I thought they were desperate? Doubt they'd get much response in London for under £28 an hour.

And three months would bring them up to December - assuming all goes swimmingly well.
  • edited August 2018

Macronate said:

Levy must've known this would happen when he appointed O'Reilly as principal contractor.

Oh really?
    missed the boat on this one.
  • Seeing as Wembley would have Tottenham desperate, they should up their rates for the rest of the season.

Give a bit of money back to the tax payer.
  • Seeing as Wembley would have Tottenham desperate, they should up their rates for the rest of the season.

Absolutely. Wonder what they actually charge Spurs per game

Absolutely. Wonder what they actually charge Spurs per game
    More than West Ham pay for theirs!
  • Sponsored links:

What money does the taxpayer get back from Wembley?
  • Addickted said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Any sparkies need a job?

3 month contracts

I thought they were desperate? Doubt they'd get much response in London for under £28 an hour.

And three months would bring them up to December - assuming all goes swimmingly well.
    what £1250 p/wk is not enough ??? Thats c £65k pa.
  • Take a pew!! (Or should it be pooh!).
  • l

Addickted said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Any sparkies need a job?

3 month contracts

I charge 25-30quid an hour for private classes, 28 quid in London hardly seems ridiculous.
  • Addickted said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Any sparkies need a job?

3 month contracts

It's a three month contract.

So they're paying a qualified electrician a total of £16,250 in those three months. Self employed.

Doesn't smack of desperation to me and probably on a par with the electricians on Crossrail and other major construction sites in London.
  • Drawn at home to Watford in the Carabao cup. As Wembley isn't available, it looks like they'll be playing it at Stadium MK!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45359584
  • Article on their website says they looked at a number of stadiums and wanted to stay inside the m25 but couldn't manage it... I would have thought our ground would have been perfect for this tie, and with us out of the cup already it would have been easy to arrange...
  • CAFC Luke said:

Article on their website says they looked at a number of stadiums and wanted to stay inside the m25 but couldn't manage it... I would have thought our ground would have been perfect for this tie, and with us out of the cup already it would have been easy to arrange...

They wouldn't come south of the river :wink: