Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Franchise v Charlton Match Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    90+1: Hackett-Fairchild's shot cannons off the bar.

3-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    C'mon Bury!!
  • Options
    90+1' Reeco Hackett-Fairchild sends in a cross that bounces out off the crossbar.

#mkdons 3 #cafc 0
  • Options

We'e not going to win this, are we?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Hate you negative types ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Patience
  • Options
    It does sound like we've been a bit unlucky.......hit the bar, penalty appeal turned-down & plenty of shots & corners.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

Patience
    Sorry, Russell.

• Options
    Forest keeper Steel taking a penalty....scores.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted at
    90'+3'
    Mitch Hancox (MK Dons) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at
    90'+3'
    Foul by Reeco Hackett-Fairchild (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    Full time 3-0
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Full time 3-0

Wot, no penalty shoot out?

• Options
    FULL TIME | @MKDonsFC 3 Charlton 0.

The young Addicks gave it their all but the Dons will progress into the next round of the @Carabao_Cup. #cafc

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

A tight 1-0 defeat would have been better so as to avoid knocking the confidence of any youngsters we might need to rely on i the first team but, with our thread bare squad, the less pointless games we have to play this season the better so an early exit from this competition and hopefully the chekatrade are, sadly, what we need right now. A sorry state of affairs hoping Charlton lose a game, but that's where I'm at right now. Only the league matters a jot this season.

Can't really agree with you there, Exiled.

These "pointless" games allow the youngsters to gain experience, in whatever shape or form.
    No Cup games, no run out for the youngsters in a 1st team environment.

How else can they get experience?

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but this season is not normal circumstances. 50% of our current match day squad in the league are currently youngsters - that's where the ones that are even remotely ready will be getting experience this season - in the league.
    But it's not normal circumstances ..... we've the smallest squad any of us can remember, and 7 senior players out injured.

Well that's exactly my point - we're not equipped to play any more matches than the minimum required.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ross1 said:
    They did well to have more possession than MK Dons, just need to learn how to use the ball a bit better and to have a bit more luck in front of goal
  • Options
    Match statistics looked good apart from the goals, which I suppose is quite important
  • Options
    Boring result. Move along. No glory tonight for anyone. Youngster's didn't step up so no help for Bowyer's match day squad picking other than to remind him that his squad has the depth of Shallow Hal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ratings from News Shopper... Dijksteel | Morgan | Hackett-Fairchild the ones to do really well

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16418679.player-ratings-from-charltons-carabao-cup-defeat-to-mk-dons/
  • Options

Accrington hit for 6.

You know what this means for next Saturday?
  • Options
    Sounds like Reeco did ok.

Better than Ajose and Marshall anyway
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Accrington hit for 6.

You know what this means for next Saturday?

Nor have they scored at home yet this season so definite 1-0 home win on the cards
  • Options

Sounds like Reeco did ok.

Better than Ajose and Marshall anyway

I will wait for LL thread from the hoard of CL people who watched the game, totally unbiased, I am sure
  • Options
    Thanks all
  • Options
    Roland is seething... his live feed packed up at 2-0 and he was left on the edge of his seat furiously trying to find Murray's number for score updates.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!