Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Would have been for Standard surely?
  • Who is the 'us' that Driesen refers to?

I assume he doesn't class Charlton as 'us'.
  • His Twitter feed is actually pretty fascinating - he seems to have a really affinity for Charlton despite most Addicks thinking he is the epitome of the terrible “network” strategy from RD’s early days.
  • He should go and create a fan club with Jamie Redknapp the way the latter was spunking over Keita yesterday
  • That’s the summer we signed Buyens. Network or £1.5m about 6 months into RDs ownership. Network wins every time.
  • wonder who someone is?
  • edited August 2018
    se9addick said:

His Twitter feed is actually pretty fascinating - he seems to have a really affinity for Charlton despite most Addicks thinking he is the epitome of the terrible “network” strategy from RD’s early days.

He absolutely is the epitome of the terrible network early days. I know you’re agreeing with that btw
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to reply but the wankers has blocked me.

Was gonna say something along the lines of

Yeah and I was trying to sign Messi for Charlton in 2014 but unfortunately I was also a teenager sat in my bedroom playing football manager so no one took me seriously either.

Shame, that would have been a zinger!
  • One Nabby is enough thanks Tommy.
  • Point of order: Rhys Williams' debut was coming on in the last 15 minutes to shore up a win (or a draw?) and he looked solid. In midfield, though, not defence
  • edited August 2018
    Stig said:

Fun Fact? That's not a 'fun fact', that's you trying to big yourself up. That's nothing but a spotty little twerp trying to pretend he's important. Well you're not, you're just a nobody who helped contribute to the decline of our great club by allowing the duck tape dunce to pursue his ridiculous experiment. You are a pawn, a tool, a fool, a never-been.

Here's a few 'fun facts' of my own:
    - In 1982 we signed Allan Simonsen. I thought he'd be the best Charlton player of my lifetime, but wondered if the rest of the team would be up to his standard.
    - In 2003 we signed Paolo Di Canio. I thought he'd be a magnificent creative force if only he could control his behavioural outbursts.
    - In 2005 we signed Darren Bent. I thought that a striker with blistering pace would be exactly what we wanted to terrify the other defences in the league.
    - In 2014 we borrowed Yohan Thuam-Ulien. I could tell from the very start that he'd be useless.
    - In 2016 we loaned Rhys Williams. In less than game I could tell that he was the worst footballer I'd ever seen.

Well, Mr Computer nerd. Have your algorithms spotted any trends there? Just in case you can't work it out, here's the answer:
    1. I cherry picked the best examples. I picked the handful of instances where my initial perceptions were right. I conveniently forgot all the examples where I didn't have a clue or later turned out to be wrong. That's exactly what you're doing isn't it, you despicable cherry-picker? You want people to be impressed, don't you? Well impress us then. Post a full list of players you've signed and what happened in those cases.
    2. The players we signed before the arrival of you and your genius godfather were good! Charlton were a good side. We made good signings, we played nice football and we played for reasonable chunks of time in the top division. Contrast that with how we've been since Uncle Roly gave our club to you as a toy to play with. Chalk and cheese, isn't it?

So, fuck off because you're making my piss boil. And don't ever refer to Charlton as 'us' again. Charlton at the moment is very much a case of 'us and them', and you have to look very hard to find someone more in the 'them' camp than you. Hopefully soon we'll have new owners and you'll be nothing but a minor footnote in Charlton's great history. A footnote so small it can't be seen at the bottom of the page.
    "Despicable cherry-picker" has now taken over from cockwomble as my new insult of choice.
  • If only RD had given driesen more power and influence just think where we could be now. Let’s scrap the sale process, bring him back as scout and maybe he has a brother who could manage us and a sister who could be CEO. The answer to our problems.
  • Just found this hilarious and in-need-of-editing para in Williams' Wiki page

"At the end of the 2015–16 season, Williams was released by Middlesbrough despite signing for Perth Glory, ending his eleven years association with the club.[61] Upon leaving the club, Williams thanked the club and the fans and said the Premier League promotion was a perfect ending despite not getting a medal.[62]"

• I didn't, but I do now. why?
  • Leuth said:

Point of order: Rhys Williams' debut was coming on in the last 15 minutes to shore up a win (or a draw?) and he looked solid. In midfield, though, not defence

The bloke reminded me of a traffic cop waving through oncoming traffic :smirk: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Typical, bought the wrong Nabby

It’s flippin’ ‘Naby’!!
  • Stig said:

Fun Fact? That's not a 'fun fact', that's you trying to big yourself up. That's nothing but a spotty little twerp trying to pretend he's important. Well you're not, you're just a nobody who helped contribute to the decline of our great club by allowing the duck tape dunce to pursue his ridiculous experiment. You are a pawn, a tool, a fool, a never-been.

- In 1982 we signed Allan Simonsen. I thought he'd be the best Charlton player of my lifetime, but wondered if the rest of the team would be up to his standard.
    - In 2003 we signed Paolo Di Canio. I thought he'd be a magnificent creative force if only he could control his behavioural outbursts.
    - In 2005 we signed Darren Bent. I thought that a striker with blistering pace would be exactly what we wanted to terrify the other defences in the league.
    - In 2014 we borrowed Yohan Thuam-Ulien. I could tell from the very start that he'd be useless.
    - In 2016 we loaned Rhys Williams. In less than game I could tell that he was the worst footballer I'd ever seen.

Well, Mr Computer nerd. Have your algorithms spotted any trends there? Just in case you can't work it out, here's the answer:
    1. I cherry picked the best examples. I picked the handful of instances where my initial perceptions were right. I conveniently forgot all the examples where I didn't have a clue or later turned out to be wrong. That's exactly what you're doing isn't it, you despicable cherry-picker? You want people to be impressed, don't you? Well impress us then. Post a full list of players you've signed and what happened in those cases.
    2. The players we signed before the arrival of you and your genius godfather were good! Charlton were a good side. We made good signings, we played nice football and we played for reasonable chunks of time in the top division. Contrast that with how we've been since Uncle Roly gave our club to you as a toy to play with. Chalk and cheese, isn't it?

So, fuck off because you're making my piss boil. And don't ever refer to Charlton as 'us' again. Charlton at the moment is very much a case of 'us and them', and you have to look very hard to find someone more in the 'them' camp than you. Hopefully soon we'll have new owners and you'll be nothing but a minor footnote in Charlton's great history. A footnote so small it can't be seen at the bottom of the page.
    Are we to deduce that - on balance - Stig is not a great admirer of Mr Thomas Driesen?

[Bravo! 'Despicable cherry-picker' gets my vote, too.]

• Something definitely strange going on between Uncle Roly and little Thomas for all this to even be real. Like he buys his used wank socks off him or something....

Does Duck tape stick to dries jizz?
  • Stig said:

"Despicable cherry-picker" has now taken over from cockwomble as my new insult of choice.
    Someone used the word "wankpuffin" on twitter on Saturday which is my current #1 insult.