Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• i.e. I'll aim to get other targets

If no one else comes in then we'll turn to Dawkins if he's still available
  • Or he wants more than thirty-quid a week the swine....
  • Maybe LB wants to see how his budget is going before committing. i.e. he wants to save the budget for a CD, CM and Striker.

My thoughts too.

It might also be that losing JFC for the season has changed his priorities in midfield, needing a more physical box-to-box player instead of a tricky attacking midfielder like Dawkins.

Bowyer says further that he wants a striker, but who can also play wide.
    While Dawkins can play the wide role he doesn't appear to be a striker - so doesn't quite fit that requirement either.

But after 6 weeks trial, Dawkins is still here though. Maybe the budget could change should a takeover happen within the next 3 weeks - and Dawkins knows that?

• Is Elliot Ward still at the club, does anyone know?

• Oggy Red said:

Is Elliot Ward still at the club, does anyone know?

Same as Dawkins, training with us but will not be offered a deal

• Thanks, Louis.

I trust they are not being allowed breakfast and bottled water. :neutral:

• Of all the triallists that i saw Ince was the one that stood out, shame he carried an injury, hopefully he will recover and gets another chance
  • Kap10 said:

Of all the triallists that i saw Ince was the one that stood out, shame he carried an injury, hopefully he will recover and gets another chance

How bad was the injury? Possibility he might be ready before 31/08?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Of all the triallists that i saw Ince was the one that stood out, shame he carried an injury, hopefully he will recover and gets another chance

A long term existing knee injury, which he didn't tell us about. (IIRC).
  • se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

A long term existing knee injury, which he didn't tell us about. (IIRC).
    Ah right, wonder if there is an issue that he might not get insurance even if he’s fit.
  • se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

Bowyer gave the impression that Ince could need surgery.
    If that was the case, the player might well not be ready to play again before Christmas.

Bowyer says that he has a limited budget. He won't want another body blocking up the treatment room long term.
    He needs the right players who are ready to play now.

• I don't think Dawkins would be any good for us so I'm happy that he won't be signing.
  • I don't think Dawkins would be any good for us so I'm happy that he won't be signing.

We're probably waiting to shift Ajose to get Dawkins and Ward. Significant that RHF came on ahead of Ajose.
  • Ferryman said:

I don't think Dawkins would be any good for us so I'm happy that he won't be signing.

We're probably waiting to shift Ajose to get Dawkins and Ward. Significant that RHF came on ahead of Ajose.
    Doubt it, I expect he’s just waiting for better players to become available.
  • Ferryman said:

I don't think Dawkins would be any good for us so I'm happy that he won't be signing.

Reeeco replaced Lyle Taylor ...... so like for like in style.

• Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

Also I dont think he touched the ball
  • Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

He did. A throw in down by the corner he controlled and played back to the thrower, Dijksteel
  • Isn't Dawkins similar to Ben Reeves in playing style? We do not need two like that (maybe not one like that).
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

He did. A throw in down by the corner he controlled and played back to the thrower, Dijksteel
    Why am I not surprised you knew that haha, whilst I was cheering you were seeing if your love child was gonna touch the ball :wink:
  • Isn't Dawkins similar to Ben Reeves in playing style? We do not need two like that (maybe not one like that).

What always injured?

Saw him at Dulwich, and didn’t remind me of Reeves. Stronger for a start. He was tidy, but not sure how fit he was, so hard to know what he’s like from that showing.
  • Yeah a win doesn't gloss over the fact that we can't field a full bench.

We need players, full stop. We'll have played something like 20% of our fixtures by the time Fosu, Reeves, and Clarke are back. God help us if (when really) in the next six weeks we pick up another couple injuries.

Last season we needed quality in depth. This season, we just need depth.
  • edited August 2018

Oggy Red said:

Ferryman said:

Why am I not surprised you knew that haha, whilst I was cheering you were seeing if your love child was gonna touch the ball :wink:
    Yes, I watch the game. Some of us can cheer and watch at the same time lol ha ha winky thing
  • Does Dawkins fit in with the systems we are playing now, the 442 merging into 352?
  • edited August 2018

Does Dawkins fit in with the systems we are playing now, the 442 merging into 352?

I don't see why not.

If he'd been signed on, he could have played the same role positionally as young Albie Morgan - or even as a winger.
    But probably not as wingback.

IMO it seems that Bowyer wants a hardworking, hard running team.
    Players need to have a good engine.

Bowyer's already said he's been impressed with Dawkins' technical ability on the ball - but questioned his stamina.
    Maybe that's why he hasn't been signed?

• With both of them being frees we can keep them training with us as long as we like and sign them if we have (another) injury crisis before january. Not great for the players though not have a contract but still training day in day out.
  • With both of them being frees we can keep them training with us as long as we like and sign them if we have (another) injury crisis before january. Not great for the players though not have a contract but still training day in day out.

Having said that, if noone else is interested in them, they get to use training facilities and coaches for free so it is swings a roundabouts i guess.