Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More examples of cutbacks - young reds

So an article on the website last week had a throwaway comment stating you could pick up this season's young reds goodie bags before the match yesterday.

So into an empty valley central I went at 2pm yesterday and asked for 2 goodie bags for my son and daughter.

The rather embarrassed guy in there went into the office to come back with....2 small football's. When asked 'is that it?' He replied 'yeah sorry'.

Embarrassing..

Comments

• That’s definitely the way to keep fans for life.
  • Good to see the £20 a season we pay per child is going to good use.
  • GD78 said:

Good to see the £20 a season we pay per child is going to good use.

What do you actual get for the £20?
  • Sponsored links:

• GD78 said:

The rather embarrassed guy in there went into the office to come back with....2 small football's. When asked 'is that it?' He replied 'yeah sorry'.

At least you got 2 on the bounce.

• Tried to sign my lad up online in the week but it didn’t work.

Sounds like I’ve saved myself £20 if it’s that naff.

We were quite early yesterday so went to the fanzone bit, which is also fairly naff. I’m sure they could do this a lot better
  • @GD78 for context could you tell us what you have received in previous years' goodie bags?
  • Well last year from memory it was a hat, scarf, gloves and various little bits ie pen ruler rubber etc.

I think the year before it all came in a Charlton duffle bag and was similar to last year, think there was also an autograph book in there.

So this year was a real let down.
  • My lad’s season ticket didn’t show up but once I told him we’d pick it up Saturday he was happy especially as he’d seen his sister’s one and loved the case it came in. Cue me picking it up and it not coming in the young reds one his sister did. Looks like another premium rate call to the club needed.
  • Claim cutting back plastic water bottles for the players is for environmental reasons, and then needlessly placing these in a plastic bag - eh?

It’s hardly a goody bag if they don’t give you the bag is it. ;-)
  • buckshee said:

My lad’s season ticket didn’t show up but once I told him we’d pick it up Saturday he was happy especially as he’d seen his sister’s one and loved the case it came in. Cue me picking it up and it not coming in the young reds one his sister did. Looks like another premium rate call to the club needed.

The club did away with the premiun rate number something like 2 years ago. It's BT rates, assuming you're calling the correct number.
  • Sponsored links:

• GD78 said:

Well last year from memory it was a hat, scarf, gloves and various little bits ie pen ruler rubber etc.

I think the year before it all came in a Charlton duffle bag and was similar to last year, think there was also an autograph book in there.

So this year was a real let down.

cheers. that is a bit of a cutback then. sad
  • edited August 2018
    Blatant waste of plastic packaging. Worse than shrink wrapping apples
  • Claim cutting back plastic water bottles for the players is for environmental reasons, and then needlessly placing these in a plastic bag - eh?

It’s hardly a goody bag if they don’t give you the bag is it. ;-)
    But a goody handfull just sounds wrong....
  • TBH, my motto in life is don't do something unless you can do it properly....

It would have been better for our club's image ( is there still one ?) if the power/s that be had put this initiative on ice for the time being rather than make a mockery of it.

A waste of money for those that have joined up this time.

New owners could give the scheme a fresh start maybe with a free, sooper dooper Xmas Party plus other additions to make up for this lot's mess.

That'll be the 2019 one then.
  • TBH, my motto in life is don't do something unless you can do it properly....

It would have been better for our club's image ( is there still one ?) if the power/s that be had put this initiative on ice for the time being rather than make a mockery of it.

A waste of money for those that have joined up this time.

New owners could give the scheme a fresh start maybe with a free, sooper dooper Xmas Party plus other additions to make up for this lot's mess.

I see what your saying, but if they'd done that the old Belgian pickpocket wouldn't have been able to trouser about £16.50 per kid.
  • And so cynical, as RD clearly does not care about safeguarding any little remaining "good will" for his successor.
    What a surprise!
    But in truth it does not speak well for his business integrity. I wonder if he has behaved in a similar fashion in his electronic companies?
  • N01R4M said:

And so cynical, as RD clearly does not care about safeguarding any little remaining "good will" for his successor.
    What a surprise!
    But in truth it does not speak well for his business integrity. I wonder if he has behaved in a similar fashion in his electronic companies?

Hardly likely to be Roland - much more likely to be Lieven de Turck who is simply manipulating figures with no interest in the real world outcomes.
  • I see where you're coming from, @Airman Brown , but I understood de Turck to be Roland's employee. If there is simply a lack of oversight on Roland's part then surely my point about him not caring still stands - just at 2nd hand, not 1st hand. And might equally apply in his other enterprises if/when he loses interest in them.