Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

State of the Valley

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
This is another sign of how far we’ve come as a club that those up top (if there are indeed still any) didn’t feel they could even ask fans to help clean the seats as has been done in the past.

As we walked in yesterday we overheard a stewards walkie talkie and someone had been complaining about the state of their seats. When we got to ours I could see why.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Place is going to rack and ruin.

I hope you complained to the same steward.

• It’s all part of the new environmental drive to get spiders and insects into the Valley.
  • Impressive snaps of the inside of Roland's wallet
  • It’s all part of the new environmental drive to get spiders and insects into the Valley.

To bump up the attendance figures ?
    Footfall should be up.
  • To be fair there was copious amounts of bird shit on the steps and hand rails going up to the Upper West as well as fox crap on the steps. There were a couple of seats with pigeon shit in tje row where i sit, so i think the posters comment may well be valid.
  • Oh come on! Surely you do not expect a multi euro millionnaire amateur dancing champion to flick round the Valley with a duster?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh come on! Surely you do not expect a multi euro millionnaire amateur dancing champion to flick round the Valley with a duster?

Why not ?

He LOVES washing up .....
  • Kap10 said:

To be fair there was copious amounts of bird shit on the steps and hand rails going up to the Upper West as well as fox crap on the steps. There were a couple of seats with pigeon shit in tje row where i sit, so i think the posters comment may well be valid.

Someone had mention elsewhere they had pigeon shite all over their seat.
  • The ridiculous level of whinging hit's an all time low, when someone complains about a cobweb under their seat.
    Let's hope Millwall fans don't read this. Oh shit ....
  • Unbelievable
  • Welcome to The Valley.imageimage
  • The ridiculous level of whinging hit's an all time low, when someone complains about a cobweb under their seat.
    Let's hope Millwall fans don't read this. Oh shit ....

But it looks like the web of the Sydney funnel web spider. Someone could have DIED!
  • redsek said:

Welcome to The Valley.imageimage

Good luck isn't it?

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!{...............}
  • How long would it take to go round with one of those kercher pressure washer things and clean it up?
    Would it mean that the floor would never get dry (would've done in some of our recent summer weather).
    Probably something like a two person job in less than a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

This is another sign of how far we’ve come as a club that those up top (if there are indeed still any) didn’t feel they could even ask fans to help clean the seats as has been done in the past.

As we walked in yesterday we overheard a stewards walkie talkie and someone had been complaining about the state of their seats. When we got to ours I could see why.

Have sent a strongly worded email to the EFL and will update you when I receive a reply.
    Did you get their email address on the web?
  • edited August 2018
    seth plum said:

How long would it take to go round with one of those kercher pressure washer things and clean it up?
    Would it mean that the floor would never get dry (would've done in some of our recent summer weather).

It would take longer than that, repeatedly moving heavy machines up and down those steep steps, connecting to water supply and electricity, extra long hoses and cables required, constantly stopping to move all the equipment, hoses and cables.
    Not as straightforward as you may think, including exterior West Stand staircases.
    Probably a four man job with at least two industrial sized jet washers....around two weeks at least for a thorough job.
    At a guess....£15,000 +!
  • redsek said:

It's like having Roger Johnson back at the club without actually having to pay him.
  • cafcfan said:

redsek said:

It's like having Roger Johnson back at the club without actually having to pay him.
    It’s not dogshit
  • seth plum said:

How long would it take to go round with one of those kercher pressure washer things and clean it up?

It would take longer than that, repeatedly moving heavy machines up and down those steep steps, connecting to water supply and electricity, extra long hoses and cables required, constantly stopping to move all the equipment, hoses and cables.
    Not as straightforward as you may think, including exterior West Stand staircases.
    Probably a four man job with at least two industrial sized jet washers....around two weeks at least for a thorough job.
    At a guess....£15,000 +!
    Quality analysis sir.
  • Whilst the photos in my original post might not seem that bad it’s more about the fact that as has been pointed there used to be a day where us as fans can come down and do the cleaning, as was also pointed out that goodwill seems to have gone under Uncle Roland .
  • seth plum said:

At a guess....£15,000 +!
    I have an extra long hose they could use.
  • Kap10 said:

To be fair there was copious amounts of bird shit on the steps and hand rails going up to the Upper West as well as fox crap on the steps. There were a couple of seats with pigeon shit in tje row where i sit, so i think the posters comment may well be valid.

Morgan Fox left ages ago and they still haven’t cleaned up after him.......