Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons To Join ROT

In response to questions on this forum ROT has already posted its OBJECTIVE, and reproduced (in English!) the QUIZ from ROT’s first canvassing leaflet – The answers, with some annotations, are further down page 1. If you missed it, you can catch up with it on http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/82751/rots-objective-with-quiz-to-brighten-your-day

ROT has also been asked why protesters should join ROT, and will post these REASONS one by one to give you a chance to respond to each of them.

If you are not already a member, please consider becoming a ROT supporter. Life Membership costs £10. See http://www.rolandouttoday.eu/Membership/ for more details. (Please use the paying a friend option, so ROT gets the full £10.) Donations are also welcome.
If you do not use PayPal, use the email address there to explain and ROT will find a solution which works for you,

Reason 1. It is a totally peaceful, legal – and very Charlton – form of protest.
(Yes, ROT did inadvertently break a local byelaw by failing to get permission from the Mayor before our first canvassing visit, but the necessary permit is now in place.)

Comments

• Who are the candidates?

• I understand that the candidate will be unveiled in due course.
  • Stig said:

One, two, three.

Summer transfer window, the Katrien folly
    Good golly Joe Gomez and Pope
    Sold for a pittance, Aribo's next
    Going down the league and falling gates

Reasons to join ROT, part 3

With apologies to Messrs Dury, Jankel and Payne.

And as for the take over:

Yes yes
    dear dear
    perhaps next year
    or maybe even never

In which case ?????
  • I'm told that CARD aren't backing ROT, why is this?, if true?
  • I'm told that CARD aren't backing ROT, why is this?, if true?

Luckily there was a question mark or two otherwise I would have thought that B20 was having yet another dig at CARD
  • Sponsored links:

• Who are the candidates?

@ROT
  • Although we can run a list of up to thirty-five candidates, we will have only one. The candidate's name will be made known one month before the ballot, to help build momentum in the run-up to election day.
  • ROT said:

Although we can run a list of up to thirty-five candidates, we will have only one. The candidate's name will be made known one month before the ballot, to help build momentum in the run-up to election day.

Sorry, I don't understand.
    How does not naming the candidate help build momentum ?
  • One, two, three.

Reasons to join ROT, 1 2 3
  • ROT said:

Although we can run a list of up to thirty-five candidates, we will have only one. The candidate's name will be made known one month before the ballot, to help build momentum in the run-up to election day.

My guess is we should think of "Lord Buckethead" who stood against Theresa May last election as another example of getting publicity by being anonymous? Except that it appears ROT's strategy is to reveal the name 1 month before the election on 14 October, having first had a period of anonymity.
  • edited August 2018
    N01R4M said:

ROT said:

My guess is we should think of "Lord Buckethead" who stood against Theresa May last election as another example of getting publicity by being anonymous? Except that it appears ROT's strategy is to reveal the name 1 month before the election on 14 October, having first had a period of anonymity.
    Wow, if ROT were to announce the candidacy of Lord Buckethead that would be a coup.

[Edit - it might be worth contacting him to see if he'd say a few words of support. Might help make it press worthy. Perhaps a tweet or two in his direction.]
  • Stig said:

N01R4M said:

ROT said:

Wow, if ROT were to announce the candidacy of Lord Buckethead that would be a coup.

[Edit - it might be worth contacting him to see if he'd say a few words of support. Might help make it press worthy. Perhaps a tweet or two in his direction.]
    Nice idea @Stig but there is a small snag. Like Denmark, Belgium has laws against wearing anything in public which obscures your identity!
  • N01R4M said:

Stig said:

N01R4M said:

ROT said:

Nice idea @Stig but there is a small snag. Like Denmark, Belgium has laws against wearing anything in public which obscures your identity!
    In that case try BoJo, he'd surely be top for a gig like that.
  • D'othing my cap to all involved in this.
    Including the 'incognito candidate'.

With another false dawn of 'this week' announced folks are getting twitchy & want something to happen.
    Fabulous.
    Keep it up :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

N01R4M said:

Stig said:

N01R4M said:

ROT said:

In that case try BoJo, he'd surely be top for a gig like that.
    Just what ROT needs - a self publicising loose cannon!
    Not to mention the certainty he would doubtless expect to be paid many times the contents of ROT's coffers and the Protest Fund combined for a personal appearance...
    Back to the drawing board, methinks.
  • Ferryman said:

One, two, three.

Reasons to join ROT, 1 2 3
    This takes me back, way back. I saw them at the Crystal Palace Bowl as part of an 'alternative royal wedding' festival (Charles and Di?) There was a bloke in the crowd running round naked. At my young age this was an enormous highlight.

Apologies to ROT for derailing the thread
  • An 'ENORMOUS' highlight you say??????

:-q
  • I’m only a tiny chimney sweep
    But I’ve got an enormous brush
  • Phew! Glad somebody's got this thread back on track!

1½ % of a 40h working week is only - err - 36 minutes?

By the time he's approved the latest economy cuts (sorry, changes in the interest of the environment), dealt with all the new contracts (ha, ha!) and the multitude of other jobs done by our former hard working (cough) CEO, no wonder he has no time to deal with the real issue of the week, f***ing well selling the club.
  • Maybe he saves all the 36mins up and gives us 2hrs 24mins in one lump at the end of each month.

Gets lots more rivets counted that way
  • Go ROT

You can never stop the ROT