Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2 Shrews 1 - Post Match Thread

Well, what a pleasant surprise that was. I usually hate last minute goals.

Comments

• Woo hoooooo
  • bobmunro said:

Just three points off an automatic.

That’s the spirit
  • Sponsored links:

• The players realised that thanks to the trains I would be 30 minutes late , so saved the goals for the second half
  • Anyone got a link for the goals?
  • MrOneLung said:

Last minute defeat and last minute win is better than two draws.

That is some sharp maths
    :wink:
  • Fell asleep just after kick-off, woke up just after full time. Cheers Karlan! Glad to see him getting on the scoresheet. Just needs to do that fairly regularly and we'll be very happy
  • MrOneLung said:

Last minute defeat and last minute win is better than two draws.

A draw and a win would have been better still!
  • What a shame for the Slop or whatever they are called. Didn't see it but very pleased nonetheless.
  • Shrewsbury more bottom six than top six this season. Draw would have been a fair result but a win is a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Overall, I thought we were good value for the win. First half was painful. Second half was much better.

Big credit to Bowyer for making the change at half time.
  • edited August 2018
    Just curious. Saop saying pre game that Charlton forum's spent the whole summer being bitter about the play off defeat. Where exactly? Not gonna deny there has been some bitterness on all the fórums over the summer, but I must have missed the bit about Shrewbury. Anyone checked SE7 Valiants?
  • edited August 2018
    I enjoyed that, especially after last seasons end games with that little club
  • 60 mins of absolute dross...couples with great play for the goal...equaliser too from a great cross....and we'll done as we kept going.
  • First half very poor but we picked up second half and it was a real team effort. Impressed by Pratley and thought Lapslie and Morgan both put a good shift in. Our front two look very promising.

Aribo needs to work on the defensive side of his game - has the potential to be a very good player.

Sarr still worries me - not sure about some of his passing.

Great to win in injury time.
  • Just curious. Saop saying pre game that Charlton forum's spent the whole summer being bitter about the play off defeat. Where exactly? Not gonna deny there has been some bitterness on all the fórums over the summer, but I must have missed the bit about Shrewbury. Anyone checked SE7 Valiants?

I'm not bitter about losing to them

I just wanted to beat them today for their fan behaviour when they scored in that Second Leg

They're probably more bitter because our 2-0 win at their place (Which they "let us have") was what put an end to their automatic hopes
  • shirty5 said:

Shrewsbury more bottom six than top six this season. Draw would have been a fair result but a win is a win.

Could say the same about us to be fair