Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury- Match Thread

Welcome back for the first home match thread of the season. Thanks to the standard incompetence of South Eastern: National Rail we are having to make multiple bus journeys through the South London traffic to hopefully get there in time

Grateful if someone can post the team news when it arrives

Come on you Addicks!!!

Comments

• For the second match running I’ll be on a flight so unable to follow live. Here’s hoping I get off the plane to better news than last time.

Feeling oddly positive. 4-1 Charlton. Grant, Taylor, Sarr, and Lapslie all to score.
  • Wish I was there. At a wedding in Reading. Just made it. 3 and a quarter hours from Dartford to Reading thanks to the car park that is the M25. Will be sneaking a look on here from time to time. COYR.
  • Sarr in for Pearce, otherwise same starting line up as last week

• As I said yesterday, I am waiting a very important phone call and could mean I have to go out until this evening, if it does not come before 3pm I will start adding comments, but may not finish the match, sorry if this is the case
  • edited August 2018
    Beaten to it.

6 subs, we’re moving up in the world.

5-3-2/3-5-2 again from the looks of it?
  • Six subs this week but no Steer
  • Surprised they kept hold of Beckles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrewsbury do their shopping at John-Lewis.

• Pretty much as expected with Sarr in for Pearce.

Are Morgan and maloney midfielders?

Only one they did keep

Thought him along with Nolan would be the first to to actually
  • ross1 said:

Six subs this week but no Steer

Tracking's gone. Not suspension though.

Yeah. Maloney central. Not sure of Morgan’s best position but Bowyer’s used on the right.

Morgan right wing and Maloney centre mid
  • Wish I was there. At a wedding in Reading. Just made it. 3 and a quarter hours from Dartford to Reading thanks to the car park that is the M25. Will be sneaking a look on here from time to time. COYR.

Hope you're not the groom - it's the bride who's expected to be late!!

This is one reason why I do not get to many home matches even under normal ownership; the return journey is such a disincentive (I live in Berkshire), and why I so appreciate the match thread. Thank you to all who contribute.
  • Solly must have received a fair hit on the head last week as he's still got a bandage on

SillyBilly at a wedding in Reading.

Do you talk in rhyme all the time?

• Sponsored links:

• Good to have Dijksteel back so at least he can cover for Solly and/or Pratley.

Given the lack of numbers we need as many players who can cover multiple positions as possible.

Unintentional joke? The amount of holding he does.
  • Greg Doherty’s a good box to box midfielder on FM.
  • ross1 said:

Six subs this week but no Steer

• Trains delayed from LB. Anyone know what the queue to pick up tickets is like?
  • What are you lot on about, I count 9 on the bench.
  • On a very empty train from London Bridge...
  • Given steer has played already this season, how come he can't be on the bench today? Not signed in time?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!