Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Churn Rate in League One

Interesting comparison of the churn (turnover) of players in the division based on minutes played.

So Charlton's remaining players played 51% of of game time last year although I imagine JFC & Pearce in particular make up a lot of that.

From Ben Mayhew @experimental361

Comments

• Very interesting stats
  • So of our 11 players who spent the most minutes on the pitch six are no longer with us and only one of our top five.

Luton have only lost one of their top XI but Posh retained only 2 of their top 15.

Stability v refreshing the squad.

• Very interesting. Shows the extent of the changes at Shrewsbury and the consequences of losing the play-off final. As for Peterborough, they must surely have made the most signings in the division - and, quite possibly, of any EFL club.
  • Interesting

Churn rates do seem to be very high now, especially for successful small clubs who fail to get promotion, as they inevitably seem to lose most of their best players

• Total rebuild going on at Peterboro, and major refurb at Bradford and Shrewsbury.

Rochdale, missing relegation by a single point, has surprisingly kept 10 of their regular 1st team.

It'll be interesting to see what promoted Luton can achieve, having retained their entire 1st team, bar 1 player.

• At this level a lot of clubs use loans from Championship or Prem, so each wbd of season tje churn rate will be influenced.
  • The coloured sections are for the players that are still the club so I would imagine those larger sections on the right side of our ring are indeed JFC, Pearce and/or Bauer.
  • What would you think would be the optimum for a club looking to gradually progress (as we did in our best days). 65% - 70% retention?
  • Kap10 said:

At this level a lot of clubs use loans from Championship or Prem, so each wbd of season tje churn rate will be influenced.

Yes, it would be interesting to see the churn excluding loan players, and indeed excluding fringe youth players
  • Sponsored links:

• I did post this in the other thread too, other leagues are here if interested