Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 10 August 2018

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
©Charlton Life

All contracts end June of the year stated unless otherwise indicated.

Positions are subjective and based on most likely or most commonly played position.

* indicates currently injured players

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019
Jed Steer - On season long loan from Aston Villa

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020
Anfernee Dijksteel* 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
Jason Pearce* 2020
Naby Sarr 2020

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
Jake Forster-Caskey* 2019
Darren Pratley 2020
George Lapslie 2019

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Mark Marshall 2019
Tariqe Fosu* 2019
Ben Reeves* 2019
Billy Clarke* 2019

Strikers

Lyle Taylor 2020
Reeco Hackett-Fairchild 2019
Igor Vetokele* 2019
Nicky Ajose 2019
Karlan Grant 2019

U23 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Ashely Maynard-Brewer 2019 plus 1 year option

Right Backs

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2019 - On Loan to Richmond and Hampton
Toby Stevenson Contract length not known
Kenneth Yao 2019
Jo Cummings 2019
Ryan Blumberg 2019
Dan Birch Contract length not known

Left Backs

Jordan Zemura Contract length not known
Jamie Mascoll 2019

Central Midfielders

Taylor Maloney 2020
Albie Morgan Contract length not known
Ben Dempsey Contract length not known
Alfie Doughty Contract length not known
Luke Carey Contract length not known

Strikers

Mikhail Kennedy December 2018
Josh Umerah 2019 - On loan to Boreham Wood
Terrique Anderson Contract length not known
Wilberforce Ocran Contract length not known

Comments

• edited August 2018
    On the basis that post an update guarantees a signing here's an update.

EDIT and Steer signs.

We currently have 21 first team players including Lapsie but not Maynard Brewer, Maloney, Mascoll or Morgan all of whom were given squad numbers. Kennedy and Umerah also have squad number but are injured or on loan respectively.

Of those 21, eight are currently unavailable through injury leaving 13 plus U23s.

Pearce is said to be short term (two or three games), Dijksteel has an illness but the others will not likely be fit until September at earliest while Foster-Caskey is out for the whole season
  • You've got Djiksteel in twice. A good way to bulk up the squad, cloning players :smile:

He's like New York, so good they named him twice. Now edited.
  • On the basis that post an update guarantees a signing here's an update.

We currently have 20 first team players including Lapsie but not Maynard Brewer, Maloney, Mascoll or Morgan all of whom were given squad numbers. Kennedy and Umerah also have squad number but are injured or on loan respectively.

Of those 20, eight are currently unavailable through injury leaving 12 plus U23s.

Pearce is said to be short term (two or three games), Dijksteel has an illness but the others will not likely be fit until September at earliest while Foster-Caskey is out for the whole season

If all goes well, if not he will have to have an operation, who will put money on "all going well"?
  • Our GK gap is now filled. CB, LB and CM all need filling now, plus another winger potentially.

Could we still see Ajose go out on loan? In which case another striker could be needed too.
  • Ross said:

Our GK gap is now filled. CB, LB and CM all need filling now, plus another winger potentially.

Could we still see Ajose go out on loan? In which case another striker could be needed too.

i dont think ajose wants to be here so i would gladly get another striker in and send him out on loan best for both parties.
  • As soon as you put this thread up Henry it changes, can you risk it again early next week? :smiley:
  • edited August 2018
    I think Yao is a full back not CB. A not very good one either.
  • I think Yao is a full back not CB. A not very good one either.

I’m sure he’s played both positions.
  • edited August 2018
    Described by the handbook as a versatile defender comfortable at right back and centre back.

Also comes from Bromley so stop dissing my home boy
  • Sponsored links:

• Described by the handbook as a versatile defender comfortable at right back and central back.

Blimey you get about a bit Henners first RHF now Yao did you have a milk round? :wink: .
  • Thinner than a supermodel with anorexia and a gram a day habit.
  • RedChaser said:

Described by the handbook as a versatile defender comfortable at right back and central back.

Blimey you get about a bit Henners first RHF now Yao did you have a milk round? :wink: .
    I don't expect oldies like you @RedChaser to understand youth slang like we youngsters but homeboy just means he comes from the same area and does not indicate any familial relationship.

Although there was this woman I meet in 1997.....
  • I think Yao is a full back not CB. A not very good one either.

What happened to his brother

F Yao
  • Weakest squad we've had for many years IMO
  • edited August 2018
    Scoham said:

I think Yao is a full back not CB. A not very good one either.

I’m sure he’s played both positions.
    So has Solly but I wouldn't call him a CB. Seen Yao about four times. Was RB apart from 45 at LB.

and yet LB doesn't seem fit to sign Dawkins or Ward to help bolster the squad.

God forbid if Bauer or Sarr get injured or sent off over the next few weeks......

As for the midfield......It appears from last sat that our creativity is now down to a player with just 1 league game to his name.

ho hum...

God forbid if Bauer or Sarr get injured or sent off over the next few weeks......

As for the midfield......It appears from last sat that our creativity is now down to a player with just 1 league game to his name.

ho hum...
    Why do you assume it was Bowyer's decision?
  • Ross said:

Our GK gap is now filled. CB, LB and CM all need filling now, plus another winger potentially.

i dont think ajose wants to be here so i would gladly get another striker in and send him out on loan best for both parties.
    I reckon Ajose will be running out of options of clubs who will actually pay his full salary, which would be a condition of us sending him out on loan.

Realistically Charlton is probably his best bet now, so he needs to pull his socks up and show Bowyer he’s willing to compete for a spot in the side. Bowyer, for his part, needs to recognise that his squad is ridiculously thin and recognise that there will be times when he’ll need to use Ajose - one of them has probably already passed us by.

ho hum...
    Bowyer has said on many occasions, that he only wants to bring in players that are better than we already have.
    I assume he thinks Dawkins and Ward are not better than what we already have and rather than sign them and be "stuck" with them for 45 games.

He would rather wait, as he has 3 more weeks to sign better players and has calculated that he would rather have 2 good players for 40 games, than 2 lesser players for 45 games.

It makes perfect sense to me.

• Sponsored links:

• so a 23 man first team squad including Alfie Morgan and Krystian Bielik
  • Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
    Jake Forster-Caskey* 2019
    Darren Pratley 2020
    George Lapslie 2019
    Josh Cullen - Season long loan from West Ham