Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle Players Media Blackout

So firstly Newcastle Players decided not to talk to the media after 2 recent friendlies and now they have decided not to do Walk Up Shots for Television companies

Sounds like the players are pissed off, maybe our players should refuse to do interviews

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Asked why his players would not speak to the media after last week's 4-0 loss to Braga, manager Rafael Benitez said: "As I say things aren't going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection."

Cant see Rafa staying much longer he is as frustrated as fans
  • Good on em
  • .... manager Rafael Benitez said: "As I say things aren't going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection."

Recipe for relegation struggle, followed by the trapdoor.

• Bizarre state of affair there, when they are doing swap loan deals with West Brom to bring an average player like Rondon in (in exchange for Gayle), at a time when even small clubs in the PL are spending £20m on players
  • Bizarre state of affair there, when they are doing swap loan deals with West Brom to bring an average player like Rondon in (in exchange for Gayle), at a time when even small clubs in the PL are spending £20m on players

Owner trying to sell.......common theme.

I mist admit I did a double take when I saw the Gayle situation on Sky this evening. I thought Gayles goals last season kept them up.
  • Dwight Gayle - not much of an aerial presence as he's 5ft 8 and last season scored 6 goals in 37 games.

Rondon - 6ft 1, and scored 10 in 39 games.

In my opinion, Rondon could score more goals in a better team, but Gayle is a championship level striker (he got 23 goals the season Newcastle got promoted)
  • Collective Ceaușescuing of owners across the EFL is in order
  • Sponsored links:

I probably agree or disagree with this.....depending upon the meaning of that big word.
    Romanian history. Now flag...
  • Going down??
  • Going down??

I had a small bet yesterday and they were only 5/1 to go down. Not the favourites by any measure but given Wolves, a newly promoted team are 7/1, I don't think the bookies have an awful lot of faith in them staying up comfortably.
  • So firstly Newcastle Players decided not to talk to the media after 2 recent friendlies and now they have decided not to do Walk Up Shots for Television companies

Sounds like the players are pissed off, maybe our players should refuse to do interviews
    With who? The News Shopper?

I probably agree or disagree with this.....depending upon the meaning of that big word.
    Blue, yellow and red.

All colours we will play in this season.

• Oggy Red said:

Collective Ceaușescuing of owners across the EFL is in order

Blue, yellow and red.

All colours we will play in this season.

Great one. Made my day
  • Conjugate the verb 'to Ceaușescu'

Precisely.
    e.g. 'Roland has Pol Poterized Charlton Athletic'

* not sure about the Cambodian flag's colours. ..

Knock it off with the fancy words mate. Say it like it is. It went tits up.

Precisely.
    e.g. 'Roland has Pol Poterized Charlton Athletic'

* not sure about the Cambodian flag's colours. ..
    We haven't got a Pol Pot to piss in
  • Sponsored links:

Knock it off with the fancy words mate. Say it like it is. It went tits up.
    'Saying it like it is' wouldn't pass the moderator hence the Shostakovich approach.

* a bit poncy I concede...