Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lets stick together

Hate the way people are having a go at CAST ROT CARD or even each other. This is such a sad state of affairs. But is only borne out of frustration at the current situation. We need to all stick together. I personally think we should start protesting again and think getting a game abandoned would be good start. As mentioned on another thread throwing things ( water bottles ..not full ..for example) at intervals could possibly do this. Im not in a position to travel to Belgium myself but I'm full of admiration for the people that do. The more fans stay away ( i understand people have to do whatever they think is best for them).. getting those fans back is always going to be difficult. I know they say when RD gone they will be back but will they ... so many fans seem to have lost complete interest and have openly said so. Ive been very suspicious about the whole takeover debacle and have said from the start that i reckon it was just a ruse to get fans off his back ..which it did . I know people will say they have it on good authority that a takeover was imminent but was it all a cover up.Sorry if I'm warbling but just wanted to have a bit of a rant ! Am waiting for my season ticket to appear ...( where the hell is it we've got 4 days till the first home game and no sign) ! he's not going to take away my football fix ! Hate seeing the club we all love fall apart. Lets get as many fans as possible to the game and throw whatever on the pitch and let him know were not going away !!!

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Can't ever get my head round why Gerry Hall left Ferry for Jagger was it money, fame (not Georgie) or something else? :blush:
  • RedChaser said:

Can't ever get my head round why Gerry Hall left Ferry for Jagger was it money, fame (not Georgie) or something else? :blush:

Me neither, Jagger the greatest and most famous frontman in the greatest Rock n Roll band ever.
  • :) Took me right back there ! ... love both tunes !
  • Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Me neither, Jagger the greatest and most famous frontman in the greatest Rock n Roll band ever.
    Yeh but money is not everything is it? So you're implying the woman was a gold digger, well I'm blowed :wink:
  • angrybird said:

Yes because I'm not being forced to give up supporting my team and enjoying watching them play by him. I won't spend any money in the shop or on programmes etc. But i personally don't think staying away is the answer. He doesn't care one way or another if anyone pitches up. I think getting as many fans as possible to games and causing havoc will be more effective. Just my opinion.

I have been staying away and gave up my season ticket 2 seasons ago. But I do agree that a full or fuller Valley supporting the team and protesting both vocally and by other means would ramp up the media interest and surely its that kind of exposure that neither RD or more importantly perhaps the EFL will want
    Also will give any potential new owners a real feel of what support you will get if you show you are buying the club for footballing reasons
  • RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Yeh but money is not everything is it? So you're implying the woman was a gold digger, well I'm blowed :wink:
    If you look at the person shes with now that can't be true
  • Sponsored links:

• angrybird said:

Hate the way people are having a go at CAST ROT CARD or even each other. This is such a sad state of affairs. But is only borne out of frustration at the current situation. We need to all stick together. I personally think we should start protesting again and think getting a game abandoned would be good start. As mentioned on another thread throwing things ( water bottles ..not full ..for example) at intervals could possibly do this. Im not in a position to travel to Belgium myself but I'm full of admiration for the people that do. The more fans stay away ( i understand people have to do whatever they think is best for them).. getting those fans back is always going to be difficult. I know they say when RD gone they will be back but will they ... so many fans seem to have lost complete interest and have openly said so. Ive been very suspicious about the whole takeover debacle and have said from the start that i reckon it was just a ruse to get fans off his back ..which it did . I know people will say they have it on good authority that a takeover was imminent but was it all a cover up.Sorry if I'm warbling but just wanted to have a bit of a rant ! Am waiting for my season ticket to appear ...( where the hell is it we've got 4 days till the first home game and no sign) ! he's not going to take away my football fix ! Hate seeing the club we all love fall apart. Lets get as many fans as possible to the game and throw whatever on the pitch and let him know were not going away !!!

Agree need to stick together, but as for going to watch the team? Sorry, would rather spend time with the kids or go and watch Bromley. I sincerely hope my mojo will return once the club has been restored to something resembling Charlton but in the meantime I have no interest in going to the valley, sorry.
  • RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

New guy's got a few bob too.
  • edited August 2018
    angrybird said:

Yes because I'm not being forced to give up supporting my team and enjoying watching them play by him. I won't spend any money in the shop or on programmes etc. But i personally don't think staying away is the answer. He doesn't care one way or another if anyone pitches up. I think getting as many fans as possible to games and causing havoc will be more effective. Just my opinion.

The fact that supporters are not turning up in meaningful number is precisely why the club has recently introduced swingeing cost cutting actions
  • Numbers is
  • angrybird said:

I respect that. But I think you need to define havoc. Throwing things on the pitch was novel for a couple of games, garnered media interest and gave people the opportunity to feel they were doing something. But......the c**t is still here, like you I have some cynicism about the legitimacy of any takeover and whilst people say it is costing him money being here, is it, or is our debt to stapricks just increasing? Like I said, define havoc, if you want to run on the pitch and stage a sit in, you have my 100% backing but that will likely lead to you getting arrested and banned so you will then have to "give up" watching the team. I support any action that will lead to getting rid of him, but like me, there will be very very few people prepared to stand up and lead any disruption at matches.
  • PeterGage said:

Numbers is

if you click in the top right of your original post you can edit it instead of doing another post

• edited August 2018

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Quite clearly she likes to feel a million dollars then. :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

I would like to go up her Hallway
  • RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Do you pass the height test?
  • Sponsored links:

• angrybird said:

We tried that, it didn't work, he's still here. Now if there was not one single fan at the Valley on Saturday just imagine the media field day, and the embarrassment to The Rat.
    I will respect anyones right to chose it they want to go to games under this current regime, however I will not agree with it and IMHO if you buy a season ticket this season (while Ratty is the owner) then you are part of the problem and deserve everything you get, and also have no right to moan about the owner.
  • Well i agree about pitch invasions.. it would be effective but it would need a significant amount of fans to make it work and as previous attempts showed this wouldn't happen. I wish i had more constructive ideas but unfortunately i haven't so throwing things in an attempt to get the game abandoned is the only thing i can suggest. Getting someone to sell something they don't want or can't sell is never going to be easy.
    drewman said:

angrybird said:

I respect that. But I think you need to define havoc. Throwing things on the pitch was novel for a couple of games, garnered media interest and gave people the opportunity to feel they were doing something. But......the c**t is still here, like you I have some cynicism about the legitimacy of any takeover and whilst people say it is costing him money being here, is it, or is our debt to stapricks just increasing? Like I said, define havoc, if you want to run on the pitch and stage a sit in, you have my 100% backing but that will likely lead to you getting arrested and banned so you will then have to "give up" watching the team. I support any action that will lead to getting rid of him, but like me, there will be very very few people prepared to stand up and lead any disruption at matches.
    drewman said:

angrybird said:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

RedChaser said:

Do you pass the height test?
    I would have to work my way up slowly
  • But that will never happen there will always be fans attending it would be impossible to get everyone to boycott. Thats my point we all have different opinions but all want the same outcome. I don't think for one minute anyone that still attends games is part of the problem and we certainly don't deserve everything we get and have every right to moan if we so wish. I would suggest even more so than those choosing to stay away .
    Greenie said:

angrybird said:

We tried that, it didn't work, he's still here. Now if there was not one single fan at the Valley on Saturday just imagine the media field day, and the embarrassment to The Rat.
    I will respect anyones right to chose it they want to go to games under this current regime, however I will not agree with it and IMHO if you buy a season ticket this season (while Ratty is the owner) then you are part of the problem and deserve everything you get, and also have no right to moan about the owner.
  • angrybird said:

Well i agree about pitch invasions.. it would be effective but it would need a significant amount of fans to make it work and as previous attempts showed this wouldn't happen. I wish i had more constructive ideas but unfortunately i haven't so throwing things in an attempt to get the game abandoned is the only thing i can suggest. Getting someone to sell something they don't want or can't sell is never going to be easy.

drewman said:

angrybird said:

drewman said:

angrybird said:

Orient went on the pitch en masse. West Ham made a beeline for the directors box and individuals went on the pitch. To be fair, I think both got the desired outcome. Orient got new owners fairly soon after and I think WH agreed to spend more? SL fans invaded his office in Belgium and a club I cannot recall made death threats to the owner which forced him to sell (possibly Notts County). More direct action can be very effective but it needs to be led by someone and understandably there are very very few takers due to the illegality and immorality of said actions.
  • Blackpool got as close to a 100% boycott as anyone is ever likely to and I don't think it forced Oyston out - hes still there as far as I know? I don't even remember it being hugely covered in the press but were there benefits? It would be interesting to know if people would be prepared to boycott one match only IF there was genuine thought that it would make a difference. Surely that is not too much of a sacrifice.
  • edited August 2018
    angrybird said:

But that will never happen there will always be fans attending it would be impossible to get everyone to boycott. Thats my point we all have different opinions but all want the same outcome. I don't think for one minute anyone that still attends games is part of the problem and we certainly don't deserve everything we get and have every right to moan if we so wish. I would suggest even more so than those choosing to stay away .

Greenie said:

angrybird said:

Well you would say that, because you are still feeding The Rat.
  • I understand that ..that you have found other things to do. Thats my point .. its such a shame that so many fans have been made to feel like this. Getting the fanbase back will be difficult as people will have changed their habits and will have found other things to do instead of supporting their once beloved team.
    drewman said:

angrybird said:

Agree need to stick together, but as for going to watch the team? Sorry, would rather spend time with the kids or go and watch Bromley. I sincerely hope my mojo will return once the club has been restored to something resembling Charlton but in the meantime I have no interest in going to the valley, sorry.
  • Greenie said:

angrybird said:

But that will never happen there will always be fans attending it would be impossible to get everyone to boycott. Thats my point we all have different opinions but all want the same outcome. I don't think for one minute anyone that still attends games is part of the problem and we certainly don't deserve everything we get and have every right to moan if we so wish. I would suggest even more so than those choosing to stay away .

Greenie said:

angrybird said:

Greenie said:

angrybird said:

Greenie said:

angrybird said:

Well of course i will. Thats my opinion. We the fans are not the problem... HE is the problem. So as fans we have to do whatever we see fit to try to do something about it.