Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAST Need to act

I have just sent the following email to CAST, and I would lik eto genarate a debate on this site as to what CAST and/or all supporters can do to bring this terrible sitaution to a climax and resolution

"As a member of CAST I wish to register my complete and utter horror at the current plight of the club with

Our best player assets being sold a below their value to raise cash for the owner
Miserly cost cutting at the Valley and Sparrows Lane
No new information to supporters on the possible sale of the club
Low season ticket sales
All the above indicate that the owner has no regard for our club and definitely no regard whatsoever for the supporters.

As the only group representing supporters I am a little concerned that you are not doing more to publicise our plight, a Sky interview before the Sunderland game would have been helpful, or another meeting with the owner’s representative.

I hope your silence is because you are busily organising something and not just sitting on your hands.

This is a crucial time in the history of our club and the Trust need to act"

The only thing that I have done is join ROT today and I urge all of you to do likewise as it seems that RD only becomes upset is when he is challenged in his neighbourhood. He has challenged and upset us in ours let us do more of the same to him.

Comments

• You need some higher profile individuals to speak out.
    Far too many have stayed silent for far too long.
  • Why is everyone talking about Roland and ignoring the aussies

The last hold up we heard was an issue with the Aussies.

What we need to do is harp on at them, why havent they bought the club yet.

What is the hold up

Who is causing the issues

Why hasnt this been sorted yet.

And if all that comes back as its all Rolands fault then carry on.

But ATM the Aussies need to take some blame and heat as well IMO.

It's a valid point Paulie mate, but that, in a fucking great coconut shell, is the issue here.

No one, on either side, involved in this murky and protracted business has had the balls or decency to even give us, the lifeblood of this football club, the tiniest snippet of what is causing the delay. Nothing, not even the steam off their own excrement.

They will know all about the pain and grief they are causing us and yet don't have the decency, wherewithal or bottle to offer something genuine. They honestly don't give a choir boy's cassock mate.

I know it's business and all that excuse laden malarkey; it's also bloody spineless.

• Sponsored links:

• CAST seem to be gutless, more interested in slagging our manager than the owner.

As I've said before, sadly will be cancelling my renewal unless they wake up and smell the coffee. They need to actually do something other than have another fucking survey.
  • How about supporting something that is already working to get Roland out?

It's a one off, extremely timely initiative - ROT.

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.
    do you have anything particular in mind? A demo outside EFL headquarters?
  • CAST need to buy the tank...
  • Fumbluff said:

CAST need to buy the tank...

Why haven't you worked out how to operate it yet? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.
    hoping a CARD announcement for Saturday is imminent...

RD cares about his fixed assets. What can be done to decrease the value of his fixed assets ?
  • Of course CAST is "doing something". Three of us (one of whom is supposed to be on holiday) have spent most of our weekend on it. But it's the nature of Supporter Trust stuff that it is prepared with care and below the radar until such time as we have something concrete to report.

There is absolutely no point in the Trust trying to duplicate either CARD or ROT efforts to generate public attention to our plight. Indeed we are part of CARD, that is the whole point of it. Within the CARD team you have at least two people who are media professionals, and better placed to understand and activate the media than anyone within the Trust Board. That is the strength of the Coalition.

And as for ROT? Well, see you in Sint-Truiden sometime soon.

Roland Out Today.

Richard - it would have been helpful if you and your fellow CASTs had informed us mere supporters that you actually intend to do something rather than waste time sniping at others on CL who might just possibly hold a different view.
    As far as I know, and that is very little, CARD and CAST are doing nothing and in a way treating us no better than we are treated by the club. So please keep us informed without giving away important information.

As for your Sint-Truiden remark I find it difficult enough to travel to the Valley, but as you wouldn't know that I suggest that you keep such a glib remark to yourself.
  • Nug said:

_MrDick said:

CAST have no teeth, IMHO. What needs to happen is for Lee Bowyer and JJ to walk out and for the players to go on strike. Who are the EFL going to call to account if we don’t fulfill a fixture? We don’t have a CEO, we don’t have s CFO. We do have an absent owner and a toothless non-exec Director. It’s only the players that can bring this to a head now ...

It’s easy to say they have no teeth or CARD have lost the plot or ROT are this or that but as soon as any of these groups try and do something positive to rid CAFC of RD they get a torrent of abuse from fans many of who flip flop from one week to the next. Until everyone wants this tosser gone “it is what it is”
    I agree and I could be described as a flip flopper.
    I think the key is to have a plan that will unite the fans.
    The boycott plan divided the fans. (I'm not criticising).

do you have anything particular in mind? A demo outside EFL headquarters?
    Saturday at 3pm?

RD cares about his fixed assets. What can be done to decrease the value of his fixed assets ?
    Set fire to the Valley? He's probably got it insured with Admiral under an all for one policy with his Datsun Cherry.
    He won't get much back on it.
  • CAST seem to be gutless, more interested in slagging our manager than the owner.

As I've said before, sadly will be cancelling my renewal unless they wake up and smell the coffee. They need to actually do something other than have another fucking survey.

Nug said:

_MrDick said:

CAST have no teeth, IMHO. What needs to happen is for Lee Bowyer and JJ to walk out and for the players to go on strike. Who are the EFL going to call to account if we don’t fulfill a fixture? We don’t have a CEO, we don’t have s CFO. We do have an absent owner and a toothless non-exec Director. It’s only the players that can bring this to a head now ...

It’s easy to say they have no teeth or CARD have lost the plot or ROT are this or that but as soon as any of these groups try and do something positive to rid CAFC of RD they get a torrent of abuse from fans many of who flip flop from one week to the next. Until everyone wants this tosser gone “it is what it is”
    I agree and I could be described as a flip flopper.
    I think the key is to have a plan that will unite the fans.
    The boycott plan divided the fans. (I'm not criticising).
    It’s all well and good people wanting him gone but until those people are prepared to do something about it and realise there will be short term pain for a long term gain then protests won’t have an effect. There was a lot of momentum early on and a majority were all in, but a few results under KR and everyone decided protests were bad for the club. That worked out well! Now apathy is the common feeling.