Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Sunderland 2-1 Charlton Athletic

Many thanks to the 75 Lifers who gave marks and also thank you for not criticising each other and for keeping to my list of names. I have given Karlen an assist as his play led to the penalty.

Comments

• Unusual for our top players to be attackers, and our bottom players to be defenders/keeper

reflects the result .. defeat
  • also the lowest 5 marks followed the shirt numbers from 1-7
  • Good to see Solly rated so high... Surprised he got higher marks than Marshall though
  • Unusual for our top players to be attackers, and our bottom players to be defenders/keeper

But unless we lose 4-3, the attacking players would normally be just as culpable as the defenders surely? Or praiseworthy

But unless we lose 4-3, the attacking players would normally be just as culpable as the defenders surely? Or praiseworthy
    could be but in this case, the defenders and (I better whisper this) the keeper were largely to blame for the defeat

could be but in this case, the defenders and (I better whisper this) the keeper were largely to blame for the defeat
    Depends whether they are the Official Scapegoat or not.
  • Watched the game on Sky and did not realise at the time how little possession we had, especially after a good first half

• Only 37% possession.

It would have been 63% possession if Karl Robinson was still manager.
    Would have still lost.

• Oggy Red said:

Only 37% possession.

Would have still lost.

I don't necessarily think the result would be different under Robinson, but that lack of possession, especially in the second half, both wares you out and makes it harder to control a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Only 37% possession.

Would have still lost.

I don't necessarily think the result would be different under Robinson, but that lack of possession, especially in the second half, both wares you out and makes it harder to control a game.
    His style also made it hard for us to get in behind teams, like we did for the penalty.