Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea v Man City Community Shield

CHELSEA: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso, Jorginho, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Morata

CITY: Bravo, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho (c), Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Aguero

Looking forward to seeing how two of English football's brightest prospects (Foden and Hudson-Odoi) get on.

Also interesting that Walker and Stones are playing when i'm sure i read that Spurs' England players aren't even back in training yet.

Comments

• Walker and Stones have not played any friendlies either.

If I was Chelsea I would target them 2 as its the first games lol
  • Actually just read that Walker only returned on Wednesday. Bit much to chuck the bloke in after only 3-4 days of training
  • Embarrassing number of empty seats.

Surely if Chelsea or City fans aren’t selling out then the FA should give them away
  • Used to be a big thing in the "football calendar" now with the television showing all the international team friendly tournament this game is simply another warm up game.
  • is it on telly?
  • Great finish from Aguero
  • is it on telly?

BT Sport
  • Poor defending from Chelsea
  • Only reason i know it is on is because i saw the thread on here.

Apart from the fact it is at Wembley (soon to be NFL), the two teams are "English" and the fact we hope to see two English players i have never heard of, remind me what the attraction is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Foden is actually class

Stunning pass from him to put Aguero in

Test him in the Nations League for England this autumn!!
  • Walker and Stones have not played any friendlies either.

If I was Chelsea I would target them 2 as its the first games lol

Surprised they are playing, but I guess they will use it as part of their pre season fitness routine and it’s not as if anyone cares that much anyway.
  • Laddick01 said:

Foden is actually class

Yeah Foden was superb. Will definitely get more game time this season and has probably saved them 60m in the transfer market.
  • Laddick01 said:

Foden is actually class

Yeah Foden was superb. Will definitely get more game time this season and has probably saved them 60m in the transfer market.
    At any other club, he’d get a lot more game time though. No David Silva or De Bruyne in his way for a start
  • I thought Foden was class and showed he deserved to be playing alongside the likes of Mahrez and Silva.

Hudson Odoi looked okay, but he found it difficult coming up against a top defender in Walker.

Overall, not a bad start to the top flight season for young english players.
  • Add to that seeing your team play at Wembley loses a bit of its lustre for fans when every PL team got to play there at least once last season due to Tottenham having their home fixtures there, not to mention cup games as well. Should never have been allowed.

Lost any magic left when they started playing the semis there.
  • Foden is going to be silly good.
  • Add to that seeing your team play at Wembley loses a bit of its lustre for fans when every PL team got to play there at least once last season due to Tottenham having their home fixtures there, not to mention cup games as well. Should never have been allowed.

Lost any magic left when they started playing the semis there.
    they should never have demolished the old stadium. the magic was lost then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Foden is going to be silly good.

Surely get him in the England team so he is ready and up to speed for Euro 2020. Just what we are missing