Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

parking at Gatwick north

anyone got any experience of meet and greet firms. going on hols but need to get kids to the airport in their car seats so can't take a taxi

Comments

• meteor were always decent, more expensive but then they don't leave your car in a field after using it for a bit and run
  • thanks Carter. they seem to be acting as a broker for others now
  • We’re using the official valet parking there when we fly out on Wednesday. Will tell you how we get on in just over 2 weeks.
  • Did it twice and both times was let down. Two different firms and neither were there on time. Pay the extra and park in the car park opposite the terminal.
  • Aph, used for years its park and ride about 10 mins. Never had any problems
  • thanks guys. really that's worrying Riviera. think I'll take your advice. where do you book the official valet davemehmet?
  • Summer Special parking is easy.

Park up, hand keys in, get shuttle bus (few minutes), arrive at terminal.

£65ish for a week.
  • thanks guys. really that's worrying Riviera. think I'll take your advice. where do you book the official valet davemehmet?

Via the Gatwick airport website gatwickparking.com, £138 for 2 weeks
  • thanks everyone
  • How old the kids? Have done valet couple of times and that's nice and easy.
    Drop car off, hand in keys and go enjoy holiday. On the way back car waiting for you. Cost about £100 for week
  • Sponsored links:

• 5 and 8 Carl. yeah valet is sounding good. just drive up to 3rd floor in short stay car park right?
  • We’re using the official valet parking there when we fly out on Wednesday. Will tell you how we get on in just over 2 weeks.

This ... always go with the official Valet Parking. Cost is £170 this year which isn't much more than the general car parking or getting a cab
  • Have done most of them down the years without any problems, but tend to just use the official long term car park these days.
  • Usually use Maple Manor but got a good deal with I love meet and greet.

No problems even when I picked car up 6 hours late on Friday as flight was diverted to Luton !!
  • _MrDick said:

We’re using the official valet parking there when we fly out on Wednesday. Will tell you how we get on in just over 2 weeks.

This ... always go with the official Valet Parking. Cost is £170 this year which isn't much more than the general car parking or getting a cab
    The key seems to be to book your parking using the official site as far in advance as possible. Just done a random check for two weeks from 25th August and got £130 "Summer Special" - transfer time 8 mins; £155 "Long Stay North" - transfer time 7-12 mins; and £134 "Valet Parking North" - transfer time 2 mins. Seems like a no brainer to go for valet parking.

BTW in the past I've done one-way car rentals - no idea if it still works out price-wise - one of the rental firms (Alamo?) does an airport special rate. Pick your car up locally drop it at the airport and vice versa. This is particularly good for Gatwick as the car rental return is so, so close to the South terminal. (Or just get the transfer train thingy to the North). Probably no good for the OP because of the child seats issue but might be worthy of consideration for others?
  • We went from North Terminal at the beginning of July looked at parking prices, don't like leaving my keys with anyone, and it was about £150 for the 11 days. So we tried to arrange alternatives and then a week before we left we gave in and booked the North Long Stay car park for just over £50! Mad how it fluctuates.
  • Another vote for Valet Parking...always do it....very easy, never a problem, can be expensive if not booked well in advance.
  • 5 and 8 Carl. yeah valet is sounding good. just drive up to 3rd floor in short stay car park right?

Yeah that's right mate. As others say the prices do fluctuate. Had an email from them this week offering discounts. Have a look on official site.
    Also offer some decent hotel deals for night before if you got early flight
  • Aph, used for years its park and ride about 10 mins. Never had any problems

I too have used APH. Never had a problem. Buses run very frequently, car moved close to office so it has been started so you know you will be ready to go.

Would also suggest looking at staying overnight at one of the hotels. When you look at the hotel and parking package they can be very good. Had an early flight last September and got a stay and parking for only £15 more.
  • Redrobo said:

Aph, used for years its park and ride about 10 mins. Never had any problems

I too have used APH. Never had a problem. Buses run very frequently, car moved close to office so it has been started so you know you will be ready to go.

Would also suggest looking at staying overnight at one of the hotels. When you look at the hotel and parking package they can be very good. Had an early flight last September and got a stay and parking for only £15 more.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about the hotel deals. I've used the Hilton a couple of times. Very good. Just a stroll across the bridge in the morning. And the room nearly becomes a freebie. Great for flights if the alternative is trying to get round the M25 in the rush hour, takes away all the stress of potentially missing your flight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Premier Inn Gatwick North is a great location and is comfortable too. They also offer parking. We have also used Purple Parking at the North terminal as it is right next door.
  • have used Gatwick Valet parking for several years spot on no problems straight in and out, the earlier you book the cheaper it is, and look up pro mo offers, on line
  • Joesdad said:

have used Gatwick Valet parking for several years spot on no problems straight in and out, the earlier you book the cheaper it is, and look up pro mo offers, on line

this - have always used it, dead easy
  • Just looked at parking at stansted for my week away at end of September.
    Cheapest is £85. Bung a score on for petrol and its the same as a return cab from Eltham (and I can have a beer when on the day I return).
  • Just looked at parking at stansted for my week away at end of September.
    Cheapest is £85. Bung a score on for petrol and its the same as a return cab from Eltham (and I can have a beer when on the day I return).

Or the same cost as it is picking somebody up from the terminal.
  • cafcfan said:

Redrobo said:

Aph, used for years its park and ride about 10 mins. Never had any problems

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the hotel deals. I've used the Hilton a couple of times. Very good. Just a stroll across the bridge in the morning. And the room nearly becomes a freebie. Great for flights if the alternative is trying to get round the M25 in the rush hour, takes away all the stress of potentially missing your flight.
    This is a great idea - but you need to have your wits about you!

A mate of mine told his missus to book them in at the Hilton for an overnight stay before an early morning flight.

She got a great deal at the Gatwick Hilton which included parking for two weeks.

Not a lot of use if you are flying from Heathrow though.