Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• Undisclosed, by any chance?
  • £200,000.
  • uie2 said:

Good luck Josh! Fuck off Roland!!!!!!!!

Agree. Not the most gifted footballer but would chase lost causes (and by Christ we as a club are certainly that) and his effort for the team cannot be denied.
  • 20 goals in 88. Not the worst player I've witnessed up front for Charlton but any decent fee (according to the current owner) will be taken regardless of how it leaves the squad, which is now 19.
  • Good luck Josh.
  • Sponsored links:

• One of those I missed due to my boycott. Sounded like a trier and a grafter.
    Which are qualities to admire in a footballer.
  • https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman7/

Bolton chairman on Magennis and Bauer:

Josh Magennis is a very exciting acquisition for the club and has been on our radar for quite some time. He’s a hard-working player who will cause problems for our opponents with his pace and power.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion about Charlton’s Patrick Bauer. As we were concluding the deal for Josh we were made aware that Blackburn were interested in Bauer. We enquired as to how much Charlton valued Bauer at and that is where we left it. We certainly made no bid for the player.
  • He is the best 1 in 4.4 Goalscorer we have had for a while.
  • edited July 2018
    Threads been open for an hour and a half and has only 16 comments. Says it all really.
  • Note the openness and clarity of the Bolton chairman’s statement.

Good luck Josh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman7/

Josh Magennis is a very exciting acquisition for the club and has been on our radar for quite some time. He’s a hard-working player who will cause problems for our opponents with his pace and power.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion about Charlton’s Patrick Bauer. As we were concluding the deal for Josh we were made aware that Blackburn were interested in Bauer. We enquired as to how much Charlton valued Bauer at and that is where we left it. We certainly made no bid for the player.

So we're still trying to sell Bauer then :-(
  • All the best Josh
  • Note the openness and clarity of the Bolton chairman’s statement.

Good luck Josh.

I think they've been watching the wrong player by that description. Pace ?
  • seth plum said:

He was the first player to congratulate Sarr for his goal against Brighton, just as he is usually the first to congratulate other goalscorers

He's probably asking them how they do it :smile:
  • Scoham said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman7/

So we're still trying to sell Bauer then :-(
    They were made aware Blackburn were interested.

Not that Charlton were selling thats 2 differents things
  • Good luck Josh . You'll need it at Bolton . Good hard working pro, but not a natural finisher unfortunately .
  • Shows have far this great club has declined when there is such a feeling of loss for a player that isn't fit to lace Yann's boots. Sums up the complete farce of these utterly painful years for me.
  • Good luck and congratulations on escaping this circus.