Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby to become 'Big Nasty'

After Tuesday's game, caretaker boss Lee Bowyer praised the Frenchman’s performance but said that he needs to add a ‘nasty streak’ to his game.

And speaking following Bowyer’s comments, Sarr explained how his new teammate is helping him to become nastier on the pitch.

“Now we have Lyle - he tries to pin me in training every day – and he says he’s going to change me into Pearcey,” Sarr smiled.

“It’s helping to change me and Lee is not the first manager to say that I need to improve this. Hopefully this season I can change.

“It’s not in my nature to be like that but I am working hard every day to change and improve. I want to change and I know that I have to because otherwise I am making things difficult for my teammates. I know how important it is for me to change.”

Related article below:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b5849516ad4c/naby-sarr-lyle-taylor-wants-to-turn-me-into-jason-pearce

Comments

• It’s about time we had a goalscorer with a nickname the fans can chant...last one was probably killllerrrrr...and now we’ve got naaarrrsteeee...
  • Most of Naby’s defending looks very nasty to me. Reckon he’d make a better rapper come tv buffoon than that preposterous fat twat on Friday night channel4 - what organisms watch that shit?
  • He's our N'Golo Kante... if only he was as good on the pitch!

• What a lovely lad.

Go bite their legs, Nasty Sarr.

• After all the moans about him on here, I wonder why he wants to stay, apart from the large wage his young lady friend gave him
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Yes, you have to be clever about being nasty! You certainly shouldn't be broadcasting it!
  • something likeable about Naby.

Not his defending, sadly
  • The Big nasty.. Only at McDonald's
  • edited July 2018
    Bowyer quote on the Nabster 'don’t let your striker pull off you, turn and run at you'. Many on here have wrongly said he is slow, but he is not. This is his main issue, he gets turned and the forward gets away from him. Good that it has been identified and worked on. I think he also gets under the ball at crosses, let's hope that is targeted. Easy to forget he is only 24 with 62 senior appearances. A run of games in a settled defence would help enormously.
  • Do think Naby has some potential, I think being brought in by Roland hinders him massively.

Agree with the article that he does need to develop a ruthless streak. If there is then there's a player there
  • edited July 2018
    Forgot to mention his Hoddle-like crossfield passes and decent on his right.
  • After Tuesday's game, caretaker boss Lee Bowyer praised the Frenchman’s performance but said that he needs to add a ‘nasty streak’ to his game.

And speaking following Bowyer’s comments, Sarr explained how his new teammate is helping him to become nastier on the pitch.

“Now we have Lyle - he tries to pin me in training every day – and he says he’s going to change me into Pearcey,” Sarr smiled.

“It’s helping to change me and Lee is not the first manager to say that I need to improve this. Hopefully this season I can change.

“It’s not in my nature to be like that but I am working hard every day to change and improve. I want to change and I know that I have to because otherwise I am making things difficult for my teammates. I know how important it is for me to change.”

Related article below:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b5849516ad4c/naby-sarr-lyle-taylor-wants-to-turn-me-into-jason-pearce

Must have been getting a fiver every time he says “change”!
  • Sponsored links:

• if you think about the level he had played at and the resources he can call upon, pace strength, passing. there is a good player there
  • if you think about the level he had played at and the resources he can call upon, pace strength, passing. there is a good player there

Agreed.

Only inside Naby's head is there any problem.

If he can concentrate better and become more decisive, there's a real player in there.
  • ross1 said:

After all the moans about him on here, I wonder why he wants to stay, apart from the large wage his young lady friend gave him

I wonder if she still thinks about him
  • Nabby looked proper nasty on the bench today!
  • Do we remember what he was like last time in the championship?
  • wmcf123 said:

Do we remember what he was like last time in the championship?

Oh, I expect you are right.

But wouldn't it be great if you weren't?

• Oggy Red said:

wmcf123 said:

Do we remember what he was like last time in the championship?

Oh, I expect you are right.

But wouldn't it be great if you weren't?

Nobody would be happier than me
  • This won't change, which is annoying because he has all the raw matter to be a monster of a dominating centre half. As long as he has a hole in his arse he ain't a professional centre half let alone a nasty one who dominates his centre forward. words mean nothing. Sorry Nabby
  • Said to my Dad the first time I saw Naby play, when Ismeal Miller schooled him vs Hudds, that he needed to toughen up. The biggest flaw in his game, for me, would be he’d choose to dangle a leg from distance or dive in with a silly tackle rather than get tight to his man and use his considerable physique to out muscle them.

He got better last season but at times he still looked like a player with considerable physical attributes and no clue how to use them. Glad to hear the coaches see that too and are at him over it. As we keep saying, he’s really got everything he needs to play at a much higher level, and in fact has done. Hopefully this season and Bowyer can be the ones that finally tease all the talent out of Naby.

Despite the fact I thought he was utter toilet 2 seasons ago, I’d love to see him do well for us. Probably just in time to leave on a Bosman!