Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley Away, No Trains?

Comments

• Details have been released that we have 1100 tickets available.

This will be more than enough for us and WILL go to a general sale.

Hopefully people will not panic that they will not get a ticket.
  • Details have been released that we have 1100 tickets available.

This will be more than enough for us and WILL go to a general sale.

Hopefully people will not panic that they will not get a ticket.

you have made my day
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

The ten of us that rare going are on the 9.03 from kings cross changing at Leeds
    £44 return.

For all ten of ya, absolute bargain there mate.
    See you there gazza
    Your joking is little legs going
    Yes he said he is going with you.

And you are paying
    Thats elfs taking the #notapennymore to the extreme
    Paying on the day ensures Dushitelet does not get my 5% advance purchase sale.
  • You take your chance little legs.
    For many will be first away game of the season with Sunderland being a 12.30 kick off and new ground.
    Didn't we take 1000 to bury a couple of seasons back

• Thursday, July 26th (phase one): 230 loyalty points plus Valley Gold membership
    Monday, July 30th (phase two): 230 loyalty points or Valley Gold membership
    Wednesday, August 1st (phase three): General sale

Adult: £20

Over 64: £15

Student (with valid ID): £15

U18: £10

U12: £5
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b58b9c7ad2a0/accrington-stanley-and-milton-keynes-dons-trips-to-go-on-sale
    There is no mention if it's still 2 tickets per person for Valley Gold members.
  • edited July 2018
    I am being told off for posting too many links .. but this looks like the best version .. crazy fares (before any railcard deductions) and if you miss the 18.11 out of Stanleyville .. !!

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/London/ACR/180818/0800/dep/180818/1800/dep

8 + hours on trains .. that'll sort out the diehards from the also rans ((:>)
  • It is 2 tickets per person for Valley Gold members,i've checked with ticket office also there no seats on sale.
  • Pubs in Accrington

This is as of October 2016 and fingers crossed they are all still open.

If arriving by train then the town centre is only a 2/3 minute walk away and if there early and you fancy a fry up washed down with a bust of the Amber nectar, then the Commercial Hotel (The bog standard Weatherspoons) on Church Street will be all worthwhile.

From there the other pubs are on the Whalley Road within 5 minutes of the ground. 15 minute walk from the Spoons, up hill.

Behind the Main Stand is the Club Sports Bar which allows in visiting fans.

The nearest pub by the ground is the Crown, which is just behind the ground on the main Whalley Road and welcomes all supporters.

A little further down Whalley Road (five minutes walk in the direction of the motorway), is the Greyhound pub, which is a Sam Smiths pub. Very cheap!

The Grey Horse pub, is the first pub on the left you will see if walking up from the station. It is only a small pub but served decent real ale and lager.

However if you arrive around 12 then a pub of the beaten track you may enjoy

Consider visiting the 'Peel Park Hotel' in Turkey Street. It also overlooks Peel Park, the site of Accrington Stanley's old ground. The red brick wall opposite the Peel Park pub is the only structure that remains from the Peel Park ground.
    Very nice old fashioned decor pub with Sky TV and a snooker room.

• shirty5 said:

Pubs in Accrington

If arriving by train then the town centre is only a 2/3 minute walk away and if there early and you fancy a fry up washed down with a bust of the Amber nectar, then the Commercial Hotel (The bog standard Weatherspoons) on Church Street will be all worthwhile.

From there the other pubs are on the Whalley Road within 5 minutes of the ground. 15 minute walk from the Spoons, up hill.

The nearest pub by the ground is the Crown, which is just behind the ground on the main Whalley Road and welcomes all supporters.

A little further down Whalley Road (five minutes walk in the direction of the motorway), is the Greyhound pub, which is a Sam Smiths pub. Very cheap!

The Grey Horse pub, is the first pub on the left you will see if walking up from the station. It is only a small pub but served decent real ale and lager.

Consider visiting the 'Peel Park Hotel' in Turkey Street. It also overlooks Peel Park, the site of Accrington Stanley's old ground. The red brick wall opposite the Peel Park pub is the only structure that remains from the Peel Park ground.

Is the Peel Park far from the start of this crawl?
  • Peel Park sounds good
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Peel Park sounds good

I'm liking The Greyhound.
  • shirty5 said:

Pubs in Accrington

Ten to fifteen minutes walk from the spoons and then another ten minutes from there to Whalley Road
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Pubs in Accrington

Ten to fifteen minutes walk from the spoons and then another ten minutes from there to Whalley Road
    I didn't know CLB74 lived in Accrington.
  • clb74 said:

You take your chance little legs.
    For many will be first away game of the season with Sunderland being a 12.30 kick off and new ground.

Worst day of my life.......
  • clb74 said:

You take your chance little legs.

Worst day of my life.......
    Was it the day you met elfsborg
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Pubs in Accrington

I didn't know CLB74 lived in Accrington.
  • I've just phoned up to buy a ticket .. despite going to 15 away games and 3 at home last season and a similar number the year before and the year before that etc. etc. I don't have enough 'loyalty' points to qualify to buy a ticket yet and have to wait for 'phase 3' on Wednesday .. so to prove my loyalty and dedication to CAFC, I've just bought a ticket for Leicester v Wolves on 18th
  • I've just phoned up to buy a ticket .. despite going to 15 away games and 3 at home last season and a similar number the year before and the year before that etc. etc. I don't have enough 'loyalty' points to qualify to buy a ticket yet and have to wait for 'phase 3' on Wednesday .. so to prove my loyalty and dedication to CAFC, I've just bought a ticket for Leicester v Wolves on 18th

I bought two this morning and there was over 900 left so hopefully you'll be fine.
  • edited July 2018

I've just phoned up to buy a ticket .. despite going to 15 away games and 3 at home last season and a similar number the year before and the year before that etc. etc. I don't have enough 'loyalty' points to qualify to buy a ticket yet and have to wait for 'phase 3' on Wednesday .. so to prove my loyalty and dedication to CAFC, I've just bought a ticket for Leicester v Wolves on 18th

Weird. It won't sell out.
  • edited July 2018

I bought two this morning and there was over 900 left so hopefully you'll be fine.

not the point .. I have been a 'loyal fan' for years and to be told 'I don't qualify …!!'

a good friend of mine is a Leicester fan so I've told her we'd go see them play Wolves and Liverpool on 1/9 .. see a bit of quality before more of what has been for the past few years absolute CAFC dross ((:>) ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Our man who got our 10 tickets on Saturday wasn't happy
  • clb74 said:

Our man who got our 10 tickets on Saturday wasn't happy

Another £10 in Dushitelet's pocket.
  • clb74 said:

Another £10 in Dushitelet's pocket.
    Give a f@ck
  • clb74 said:

I can confirm that he was not a happy bunny.
  • I have a spare rail ticket London Kings X to Leeds return , out 8.03 return 19.45. It is a young persons ticket so you need a raicaard 16-25. £20 , inbox me
  • bought tickets for this last night, how many are we likely to take?
  • Redhenry said:

bought tickets for this last night, how many are we likely to take?

Educated guess about 1k what with it being a new ground for most supporters.