Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Vs Crawley Town - Saturday 21st July

Comments

• Mendez saying Fosu has done his hamstring (extent not known) and Taylor bruised his foot
  • Quick update.
    A mate of mine who was at the match today spoke to Fosu after the game and Fosu said it was just a niggle

Only two months out then, great news.
    The person who told me this works in the museum. You know him.
    He is reliable so I'm confident Fosu is ok.
    Our Irish friend?
  • just gets better really dont it ? so he will be "rested" to see the extent of the injury and therefore wont be fit enough (even if the injury is slight) to start the season.
  • Quick update.
    A mate of mine who was at the match today spoke to Fosu after the game and Fosu said it was just a niggle

Our Irish friend?
    That's the one. A good friend of mine.
  • They were promoted to the National along with Salford last season (they got up through the playoffs) .. another little northern club that's well organised, punches above its weight and has a little bit of cash behind it .. report says that Bradford put out a very young team .. even so, that's just bad for morale at any club
  • Quick update.

Our Irish friend?
    Good bloke, I only realised later that I was on the train with you back from Northampton
  • Shame I couldn't make it due to family problems. Real shit day.
  • Sponsored links:

• In his post match LB talks about Ince. Who is that?
  • Quick update.

Our Irish friend?
    Good bloke, I only realised later that I was on the train with you back from Northampton
    Did I behave myself:)
  • agim
    6:23PM
    In his post match LB talks about Ince. Who is that?

Paul Ince
  • Quick update.

Our Irish friend?
    Did I behave myself:)
    You were chatting shit with @SE7toSG3 so all normal : - )
  • agim said:

Robin Ince. Head of the British consortium with Professor Brian Cox as head of science.
  • agim said:

Rohan - he of Lord of the rings fame??
  • Could be the harder pitch! But as someone just said Crawley players arnt getting injured! Also does anyone know why Crawley are not using the Broadfield stadium this pre-season?
  • It's good to see us bringing in players with a bit of experience in the English game. I had visions of us scouring the Austrian 3rd division this summer! Would like to see another keeper come in as back up for Phillips.
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Taylor looks worse...

Could be the harder pitch! But as someone just said Crawley players arnt getting injured! Also does anyone know why Crawley are not using the Broadfield stadium this pre-season?
    Crawley still working on pitch renovations at Broadfield Stadium.

• cblock said:

agim
    6:23PM

Paul Ince

Paul’s wife Claire
  • Oggy Red said:

uie2 said:

Taylor looks worse...

Could be the harder pitch! But as someone just said Crawley players arnt getting injured! Also does anyone know why Crawley are not using the Broadfield stadium this pre-season?
    Crawley still working on pitch renovations at Broadfield Stadium.

Cheers
  • Please can we have a summary from somebody at the game today
  • And player marks :smile:
  • Dont bode well for the season seeing as Crawley had 2 trialists in 1st half and 5 other trialists in 2nd, should have beaten them by more than that and more convincingly
  • edited July 2018
    History just repeats itself with us - no squad depth, injuries to key players that always end up worse than feared. The whole club is a complete shambles. I really feel for Bowyer. It could be a case of right man at the wrong time!

Bowyer was right to say what he did about Fosu's hamstring. It is clear proof that our medical side is not up to it. Not a surprise given the cost cutting of the Belgian miser, but it is beyond ridiculous.
  • History just repeats itself with us - no squad depth, injuries to key players that always end up worse than feared. The whole club is a complete shambles. I really feel for Bowyer. It could be a case of right man at the wrong time!

Bowyer was right to say what he did about Fosu's hamstring. It is clear proof that our medical side is not up to it. Not a surprise given the cost cutting of the Belgian miser, but it is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe it's the medical team, maybe it's bad luck or maybe it's an inherent weaknesses in his body?