Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

JamesSeed said:

Fumbluff said:

Blimey, someone went to the trouble of trawling through all my tweets to find this.

And yes, I was wrong, and was only responding to a bunch of info that was sent to me over the space of a couple of days from a variety of sources. Not from the Aussies.

I won't make that mistake again (he says hoping he hasn't done the same thing since then).
    James, you're an optimist and as long as it's clear that the comments are your hopes, and not what the Aussies have passed on, then I can't see a problem with you being positive. Need to keep a flame going even in the darkest days.
    Thanks. Shouldn’t have done the wink in that tweet though.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

so there you have it peeps-----RD dont fecking care as its always been a soco/experiment/toy for his ego----and the "buyers" dont really care as they drive the price down and sell at sometime whenever for a profit.

and the lights go out
    and burger boy still has a job

I doubt the belgian will lower the price, he'll just sit tight until someone gives him what he wants. We're fucked.
    Weren't we told months ago that the price had been agree though?
    I think it was. Multiple sources back that up. However some ITK posters have said that the price was agreed but the DD revealed the £7m hold over the assets that the previous directors hold and that RD didn't know about. Therefore the agreed price of (say) £35m that RD agreed effectively went up to £42m. I suspect the Aussies expected clean title to the club. We've heard RD made a derisory offer to the former directors to pay them off. Think there is now a wait until they resolve who swallows the £7m that was unaccounted for.
    Still can’t get over how this £7m was missed in the first place. I could’ve swore we all knew this and were openly commenting about it when Cash took over? I seem to remember there was always talk of money owed to Murray etc on the basis we got to the prem

Or am I confusing the two??
  • Options
    It must be realised that we are a middling League 1 team, owned by an idiot with his own ideas on how to be successful in football and in the process(?) of being sold to an Australian consortium, that also has never run an English football team and is in no hurry to start learning. How anyone can expect this season to be a success, I do not know. All we can hope is that the takeover eventually goes through, the Aussies get themselves and the club sorted out and we have a reasonable season and be prepared, (you have heard it before) for next season
  • Options
    101 pages since the 1000 page milestone and still nothing concrete has happened ?! :(
  • Options
    ^^^ this. And ‘shitweasel’, loving that.
  • Options

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Both sides are taking the f@cking piss and can both do one

Top idea. Let’s stick with Roland then.
    Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
    would be nice if those buying us maybe approached those owed and asked what they may want instead of waiting for some old bstd who gives no shits about anything to do it
    Exactly.

And from as far as I've read, they haven't approached them at any stage. Why is that if they're so keen to get the deal done?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
    would be nice if those buying us maybe approached those owed and asked what they may want instead of waiting for some old bstd who gives no shits about anything to do it
    Exactly.

And from as far as I've read, they haven't approached them at any stage. Why is that if they're so keen to get the deal done?
    Murray probably said he'll speak to them. Didn't bother.
    Came back a week later and said they're sweet.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Exactly.

Maybe the Aussies have completed their side of the deal but Roland hasnt completed his?

If the deal was £35m but the seller sorts out the debentures then the Aussies have done their bit.

Maybe Roland should have contacted and made a deal with all the old directors a long time ago or offered more than 25% when he did?

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In not speculating mate I'm saying MY club is dying and that is a FACT ------ I have no idea who any of the buyers are or if they ACTUALLY exist at all ,only what I have read on here. Your putting your faith in what you have been told directly and you believe that to be kosher ,we all hope it's kosher as well.

To be honest I'll still plot up to have a beer with mates no matter what shit league we are in ,assuming we exist.However if we don't hear anything after the Norwich game (that's at the end of that game) which is the latest bollox deadline then I suggest that's this thread can DO ONE and all those "in the know" keep it zipped and we just get on with following a RD owned CAFC until Bob Hope comes riding over Shootershill to save us--- seems more likely.

“MY club”? How is it your club?

Are you the new owner?
  • Options

Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Exactly.

Maybe the Aussies have completed their side of the deal but Roland hasnt completed his?

If the deal was £35m but the seller sorts out the debentures then the Aussies have done their bit.

Maybe Roland should have contacted and made a deal with all the old directors a long time ago or offered more than 25% when he did?

WIOTOS
    So the debentures are a stumbling block?

So why haven't the Aussies at least attempted to get passed this barrier?

If they know this is what's holding up the sale, surely you'd want to know what your potential liability would be, should you decide to wait no longer?
  • Options
    The 5 year plan, will have a massive wasted first the way this is going, so a 4 year plan from League 2 is going to be a horror show
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Exactly.

WIOTOS
    So the debentures are a stumbling block?

So why haven't the Aussies at least attempted to get passed this barrier?

If they know this is what's holding up the sale, surely you'd want to know what your potential liability would be, should you decide to wait no longer?
    Maybe they have, I don't know.

Easy solution. Roland knocks £7m off the price and the Aussies pay the old directors.

But maybe Roland doesn't fancy that.
  • Options
    He could have done that months ago. He hasn't.

We've also heard on here that the Consortium haven't approached the debenture holders.

I would certainly advice them to at least investigate what any potential liability may be coming our way. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    It doesn't have to involve the Italian Ambassador.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

We've also heard on here that the Consortium haven't approached the debenture holders.

I would certainly advice them to at least investigate what any potential liability may be coming our way. Wouldn't you?

We've heard a lot of things on here, many contradictory from the same individuals.

The regime said last week that the old directors issue has been resolved but no one with links to them is prepared or able to confirm or deny that.
  • Options

Stig said:

...No takeover in the next 10 days & 2018/19 will be over before it starts.

I think it's already over. Even if the Aussies have done their homework and identified their targets, and even if they've been really proactive, spoken to them about their plans this sale (if it happens) is coming too late. The best players will have already been snapped up or at least wooed, by competitors who are more ready than us. I usually consider myself to be an optimistic person, but I can't help but think this season is going to be a disaster. I think CARD's call to boycott is the biggest favour they could possibly do for Charlton fans. Anyone who is undecided should listen to them. It'll save a lot of pain.
    That reminds me...

Must ask my GP to double my prescription of Happy Pills.
    Was that your rain dance last night Fanny causing the cricket to be postponed ?
    I needed some happy pills after that .:(
    Well, you know me, @blackpool72 ...

Always hiding my light under a bush(el) :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

The 5 year plan, will have a massive wasted first the way this is going, so a 4 year plan from League 2 is going to be a horror show

Even the Jimmy Seed didn't get promoted in his first season.

But don't rule it out next season.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Exactly.

This was basically along the lines of what I was trying to say the other day on here and got lambasted from all directions.

First rule of the take over thread - don't question the take over
  • Options

Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Exactly.

This was basically along the lines of what I was trying to say the other day on here and got lambasted from all directions.

First rule of the take over thread - don't question the take over
    What takeover
  • Options

Addickted said:

We've heard a lot of things on here, many contradictory from the same individuals.

The regime said last week that the old directors issue has been resolved but no one with links to them is prepared or able to confirm or deny that.
    No. I believe the article says there are no issues with those loans.

That could simply mean the outstanding loans are not a concern for the prospective buyers. As they weren’t for RD or the owners before. I am sure others have stated here that liability can simply be rolled on to new owners without consent from the former directors / debenture holders.

Or is that not correct ?
  • Options

Addickted said:

If it had been resolved I am sure that the news would have been shared in some form or other i would suggest that the fact it hasn’t.

It’s not what Two shit chalets should do to resolve it

That ship has sailed , it’s about what others can do about it and the others are the potential new owners

And why they are prepared to allow this shit show to take us into the season with no players no mgmt team and no ideas

Certainly not the behaviour of people that made it very clear with what I called WWE style sound bites looking for very easy cheers and support
  • Options

Redrobo said:

In not speculating mate I'm saying MY club is dying and that is a FACT ------ I have no idea who any of the buyers are or if they ACTUALLY exist at all ,only what I have read on here. Your putting your faith in what you have been told directly and you believe that to be kosher ,we all hope it's kosher as well.

To be honest I'll still plot up to have a beer with mates no matter what shit league we are in ,assuming we exist.However if we don't hear anything after the Norwich game (that's at the end of that game) which is the latest bollox deadline then I suggest that's this thread can DO ONE and all those "in the know" keep it zipped and we just get on with following a RD owned CAFC until Bob Hope comes riding over Shootershill to save us--- seems more likely.

“MY club”? How is it your club?

Are you the new owner?
    It is his club, it is my club and it is your club.
    Weird sense of ownership.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Pretty sure they'd just answer that they're in this for the long term. Doesn't help us who've already had to endure two seasons of league one hell.

As a wannabe glasshalffull I'd argue that in Bowyer we trust, and with Lyle Taylor, Rohan Ince and the Pratley fella (plus a triallist or two who looked good v Dulwich but whose names I've forgotten) we might actually be stronger than last season. Barring injuries of course.
    I'm sure we'll be in the mix come January.
    I'm still hoping for the sale to be concluded next week. 'Hoping'.
    See you in the Swan.
    Same as the rest of us. "Hoping".
  • Options
    Addickted said:

It doesn't have to involve the Italian Ambassador.

Signor, with these Ferrero Rocher you are really spoiling us....
  • Options

Addickted said:

No. I believe the article says there are no issues with those loans.

That could simply mean the outstanding loans are not a concern for the prospective buyers. As they weren’t for RD or the owners before. I am sure others have stated here that liability can simply be rolled on to new owners without consent from the former directors / debenture holders.

Or is that not correct ?
    You are correct that they said no issues, not resolved.

I'm not clear if they can just be rolled over or not but the Aussies may have been promised clean title for their £35m so are waiting for Duchatelet to fulfill his side of the deal.

I don't know which is why it would be good to hear on here directly or indirectly from the old directors.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!