Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ACV on The Valley

With the potential for ownership change ahead, what's the situation with this?

Was the ACV that was granted have an end date attached to it?

If so, is action required at some point in the future to ensure it is extended?

Comments

• edited July 2018
    ACV's automatically expire at the end of their time period and have to be applied for again.

Looks like the original ACV was approved on 29th November 2013. It will expire on 28th November 2018. A new ACV will need to be applied for following the same process as before.
  • Do the Trust have this in hand (if it is the Trust) ?
  • Protection under ACV for a football ground is only a period of extra time (I doubt any supporter base could finance the cash needed to buy their ground and therefore activate ACV mandatory purchase provisions)

However the mechanism makes it much harder for any aggressive developer to flip the asset and therefore ACV protects your ground by making it a less attractive proposition.

Really hope this is extended and would hope CAST have it well in hand. I am pretty confident they do.
  • @Pico @Weegie Addick @PragueAddick

I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere Trust related?
  • edited July 2018
    In terms of terminology, extended is the wrong term. It needs to be re applied for, as if it is a new application. The process will also include a six week consultation period. In order to avoid any time gaps in the ACV the new application would need to go in very soon.
  • Haha bet it’s what’s delaying the purchase.. oops
  • Haha bet it’s what’s delaying the purchase.. oops
  • @AFKABartram pretty sure it was mentioned at their AGM
  • Sponsored links:

• Just found the below that Prague posted in January

We also have the ACV which the Supporters' Trust jealously guards. Indeed @se9addick who spearheaded the initial project to obtain it, has kindly volunteered to do the same for its renewal even though he is no longer on the CAST board.

• @se9addick slacking on the job.. nothing new there..

;)
  • Sounds like he’s doing the job whilst not being in post which is admirable.
    I hope the Trust pay him some expenses to go to their Xmas party...
  • Training ground too please and any other land the club holds. Well done @pico et al. Shame it can’t be submitted sooner so it’s in place when the other one expires, given it’s a fresh application can’t see why not.
  • razil said:

Training ground too please and any other land the club holds. Well done @pico et al. Shame it can’t be submitted sooner so it’s in place when the other one expires, given it’s a fresh application can’t see why not.

You’ve changed your tune :wink:

I don’t think we could reasonably claim that there is significant community value in a professional football teams training ground and I don’t think there’s precedence for it being granted in those circumstances before.

Plus a new training ground in Melbourne sounds quite nice!
  • Oh contrare Rodney.. the new development is very much a community based scheme including local teams and CACT, probably fits the mould more than the Valley. Happy to discuss offline..
  • razil said:

Oh contrare Rodney.. the new development is very much a community based scheme including local teams and CACT, probably fits the mould more than the Valley. Happy to discuss offline..

Cheers mate. Yours at 7pm?
  • more on ACV here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/6069/1987150.pdf

Interesting that it mentions that an ACV being present may affect planning decisions.

• Sponsored links:

• So, has a new AVC been granted, or not?

And if granted, what does it cover?
  • I'll check, they make you reapply (only) once its lapsed, which is highly dodgy in my view either in the legislation or the application of it, not sure which.
  • Thank you for this very full answer, @Pico . Interesting to read again the rationale behind applying for the AVC.

When I asked what the AVC covered, I was referring more to the west carpark, and training ground & whether they will also be covered in the new AVC. Of course the stadium & pitch is the key item!
  • The previous ACV status didn't include the car park but our current application does.

It is only for The Valley - not the training ground
  • Thanks @Pico ; that's good news about the car park, after the earlier info that the possibility of residential development on that site has been investigated.

If there are grounds for doing so (CACT?), I wonder if it would be a good idea in future to try for a separate AVC for Sparrows Lane. It would mean that there would still be gaps in cover when the AVCs were renewed, but never for both of them at the same time, which would add a little extra aggravation to an owner wanting to separate club from real estate assets.
  • N01R4M said:

Thanks @Pico ; that's good news about the car park, after the earlier info that the possibility of residential development on that site has been investigated.

If there are grounds for doing so (CACT?), I wonder if it would be a good idea in future to try for a separate AVC for Sparrows Lane. It would mean that there would still be gaps in cover when the AVCs were renewed, but never for both of them at the same time, which would add a little extra aggravation to an owner wanting to separate club from real estate assets.

I am sure the trust will be giving that serious consideration, N01R4M.
    I know that the local politicians would give this serious consideration, Clive Efford has long advocated that training grounds should be considered, nothing stopping the trust applying for this at any time, and with the absurd 'time lag' which I cannot see a logical reason for, as the club supported the original nomination, as well as several other local politicians from all political parties when I worked on the original application, even the current housing minister, MP for Bexley supported it, and the excellent community work that goes on there, it is a good proposal,
  • edited January 2019
    IT'S ACV (not AVC) repeat 100 times...
  • N01R4M said:

Thanks @Pico ; that's good news about the car park, after the earlier info that the possibility of residential development on that site has been investigated.

I agree and as above think this is a) a good idea and b) likely to be successful