Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton were good!

edited July 2018 in General Charlton
Watching the game last night in a Munich beer garden and got talking to one of the many Croats... Arsenal or Tottenham he asked me recognising my London accent. Ah Charlton!! I know he said great team! Curbishly, Bent, Parker, Bartlett.. Even stranger this guy was about 25! But said he still thinks of Charlton as a premiership team! Haha! At least a smile was, brought to my face on a depressing evening!

Comments

• Was on a cruise to South America a couple of years ago,got talking to our Asian Waiter about football,mentioned I supported Charlton,he immediately came back with Ah good team,Darren Bent,good player.Was a good team mate was.
  • Not quite so far flung,but was walking down pride hill (town centre) Shrewsbury in my Charlton top 1999 ish(I used to live there) and got called a glory hunter by a chav... didn't know whether to laugh at him or give a history lesson.
  • Not quite so far flung,but was walking down pride hill (town centre) Shrewsbury in my Charlton top 1999 ish(I used to live there) and got called a glory hunter by a chav... didn't know whether to laugh at him or give a history lesson.

Either option would have resulted in you getting pepper sprayed by their OB
  • We were in gran Bahia coba hotel in Mexico a few years ago when my young son and I had our Charlton tops on, met a guy who was a season ticket holder. Charlton fans everywhere !!!
  • I've met a few in Hatfield where I live.
  • Bit closer to home. Playing golf with a Palarse supporter today.

A friend of mine who knows nothing about football asked what league Palarse are in...

Bloke then said " what about Charlton" do you know what league they are in... Zzzzzz

Then spouted actually have you ever heard of them? Thought that was actually quite funny then caught myself and just said "prick" and duly duffed my Tee shot. Grrrr

Even in July on a golf course on a great sunny day they still piss me off ...
  • Sponsored links:

• A bit off tangent but .....

We landed in Melbourne and immediately got an excited text that we had won 4-2 at Highbury. Was gutted I’d missed it.

A week or so later in Adelaide Cathedral with my Charlton top on a Aussie approached me and said what a great win that was last night eh. A puzzled look crossed my face as I knew it was an international weekend back home. Transpired that as there were no PL games they had shown the whole Arsenal game again. Couldn’t believe I’d missed it again.

Nice place though Adelaide.