Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hyde Park - England v Croatia

13»

Comments

• Options

JohnBoyUK said:

I just don't understand this craze of throwing the beers up.
    It started happening at Spurs last couple of seasons, especially away from home in the bar concourses. It started with the new S*l C*mpbell song. Even then I thought it was ridiculous.

Now everyone is in on it. So what happens when the PL kicks off again? Is everyone going to throw their plastic bottles up in the air (with no cap on as its already been removed)?
    Were the French throwing up their glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon in Les Champs Elysees on Tuesday night when they scored against Belgium?

I know I'm getting on a bit at 42 and turning into a middle aged bore but FFS, pack it in.

Do if at the Emirates though - but make sure it’s cups of urnine. Preferably 7 day old urine.
    I was saying earlier that people will be throwing cups of piss especially if they are getting told in advance to get ready to throw their drink.
  • Options
    At the Valley we'll be throwing our 14 chips in the air
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

It started happening at Spurs last couple of seasons, especially away from home in the bar concourses. It started with the new S*l C*mpbell song. Even then I thought it was ridiculous.

Now everyone is in on it. So what happens when the PL kicks off again? Is everyone going to throw their plastic bottles up in the air (with no cap on as its already been removed)?
    Were the French throwing up their glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon in Les Champs Elysees on Tuesday night when they scored against Belgium?

I know I'm getting on a bit at 42 and turning into a middle aged bore but FFS, pack it in.

Been happening at England games for years (earliest I could recall was Euro '12 qualifying) I get drinks being spilt when a goal is scored but this people throwing a cup as fast as they can when a goal is scored is bizarre, especially at the price you pay. Protect your pints! Obviously this has nothing to do with camera phones and TV crews being there.

I've seen a clip, people record the reaction to a penalty rather than watch the penalty, and you can see someone looking the wrong way ready to take his shirt off (fat mess, natch) to celebrate. Choreographed and shit, which should be on Nigel shirts.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Completely agree, it's weird.

Shows how much people are sheep though that in that video hundreds do it but you can see only about 10 blokes, pint in hand, having the wit to think 'nah, sod that, I'll just drink it thanks'.
  • Options

And the contents of our flasks.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Beer is for drinking.
    Sacrilege.
  • Options

And the contents of our flasks.
    No danger of hitting anyone
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Beer is for drinking.
    Sacrilege.
    I make them all right, beer is for throwing around...........Cider is for drinking.
  • Options
    I make them all right, beer is for throwing around...........Cider is for drinking.

Worzel alert (-:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

You are John! It's a bit like those Spurs fans who refuse to say Arsenal or spell out Sol Campbell properly! Pack it in FFS! :wink:

Still, at least at 42 you wouldn't resort to such immaturity.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Ha, fair point. Made a change from me calling him a judas vermin bastard
  • Options
    They will soon stop when the west stand throw there Bovril in the air.
  • Options
    All so staged it’s pathetic. No longer a natural response to a goal for most, but then most don’t even usually watch football.

Although saying that it wasnt far different in the ground tbh.