Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's my fault, I jinxed it...

Lots of superstitions coming out pre-match yesterday so who shares the blame for England's World Cup demise.

I wore my work shirt for the first half - England put in a good shift at the office. At half time I had a shower and changed into my 60s retro Charlton shirt - England were Charltonised. Sorry folks.

Comments

• edited July 2018
    I was (am) ill, so didn't go to the pub to watch and didn't have my "lucky" shirt on (the one that has been unlucky every year since 2003 until now...).
  • It's all our faults, we all started talking about where we're going to watch the final, if we were going to go to work Monday, etc. etc. We got massively ahead of ourselves as a country and karma came and bitch slapped us all.
  • Went to the same pub as the Columbia game, wore the same t-shirt, jeans and shoes. It was only when I went for a pee at half time I realized that I was not wearing the same grundies. I’m so sorry Gareth
  • It’s my fault for not wearing my Beckham 7 shirt for the entire game. It got soaked with booze after our goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought paulie had started another thread
  • Because of am injury I had watched all the games indoors. But last night I forced myself to go to a pub instead. Silly of me.
  • It's all our faults, we all started talking about where we're going to watch the final, if we were going to go to work Monday, etc. etc. We got massively ahead of ourselves as a country and karma came and bitch slapped us all.

Yes - 'cause they never, ever do that in any other country do they... :wink:
  • At half time my kids wanted to share a family pack of Maltesers. I said no as we had stay as we were and Maltesers played no part in the first half and it'd be bad for us but I got overruled. Selfish fucks

I love the sheer passion to refer to your children as "selfish fucks" hahahaha
  • It was Mrs ltgtr’s fault. She hates football with a passion and, when I met up with her on my way home from work to watch the game, out of the blue she says she thinks England are going to win. My heart sank at that moment. It’s bad enough when once in a blue moon ‘football fans’ jump on the bandwagon but when somebody who can’t stand the game starts giving you their predictions that we are going to win you instinctively know England’s run is about to come to an end.
  • I didn't bet on Croatia to qualify.
  • It is the first England game I have caught in it's entirety in the knockout stage, work has got in the way of the last two. But I blame ITV we always lose during one of their abysmal tv productions.
  • A mate asked me to predict the score (after 90 minutes). I rarely do this kind of thing because I always think it's difficult. But he insisted and said he was going to place two bets according to his prediction and mine. I hesitated for a few seconds before saying 1-1......
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep 1win out of 3 for itv and bbc will all 3

3rd place match is on itv so lump on the Belgians, I might do to cover my ticket losses...
  • You are the Mystic Pig and I claim my £5
  • JohnBoyUK said:

ITV and the cringey A-Z celebrity good luck messages.
    Just. F*ck. Right. Off.

I couldn't give a flying f what Simon Cowell's message to the team is. Honestly, when was the last time he's ever watched a game of football in his life? Anna Friel, the bloke off the Voice who's in a band of some sort, Robbie 'Soccer Aid' Williams, Piers f'ing Morgan...the list went on and on.

I hold ITV and the celebrities wholey responsible.

Oh. And my wife. The she invaded the man cave last night at 1-1. Didn't know whether to make her stay or kick her out. Everything has to stay the same, dont touch the remote, dont touch the cushions, don't talk about anything other than football. She broke every rule in the first 2 mins and my OCD kicked in. Could have killed her quite honestly, gave me the right hump. Then she had the cheek to walk out. What was the point of her coming in for 10 minutes and then disappear again at full time when there was still extra time to come. Then they scored. FFS.

Anna Friel can do no wrong...ever!
  • I've never been to Wimbledon before, which is where I watched it due to other circumstances. Sorry everyone :-(
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Just. F*ck. Right. Off.

I couldn't give a flying f what Simon Cowell's message to the team is. Honestly, when was the last time he's ever watched a game of football in his life? Anna Friel, the bloke off the Voice who's in a band of some sort, Robbie 'Soccer Aid' Williams, Piers f'ing Morgan...the list went on and on.

Oh. And my wife. The she invaded the man cave last night at 1-1. Didn't know whether to make her stay or kick her out. Everything has to stay the same, dont touch the remote, dont touch the cushions, don't talk about anything other than football. She broke every rule in the first 2 mins and my OCD kicked in. Could have killed her quite honestly, gave me the right hump. Then she had the cheek to walk out. What was the point of her coming in for 10 minutes and then disappear again at full time when there was still extra time to come. Then they scored. FFS.

You forgot Clive "annoying" Tyddsley (so?, actually I don't care how you spell his name) and Glen "love train" Hoddle. I watch the game on silent with radio on or my wife tells me off for my constant moaning.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Just. F*ck. Right. Off.

I hold ITV and the celebrities wholey responsible

That was fucking abysmal! Joanna Lumley was the worst with that fake “working class” c’mon laaads! WTF?

• Its my wife's fault
    every other game she's sat in the garden or jibber jabbering with her mates right through it, but no, not bastard last night, she sits in the front room with me, just us, trying to ask me bastard questions about why are they uglier than the swedes and shit like that. Just go away, you don't even like football, stick those pins in your eyes like you keep telling everyone you'd rather do than watch football, FFS its 4 more years til the next bastard one now, you fucked it up for everyone!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Just. F*ck. Right. Off.

Is a man cave supposed to have cushions?
  • Thee is a bit of a wife problem here with us lot.
    Why can’t they learn the etiquette of watching football with a man?
  • You are all absolved. England not wearing red was the reason we lost.

When they decided to play in black, we should have gone red. We won the World Cup playing in red and this should be our colours.