Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Anyone know whats the latest on Leon Best? I guess he won't be back, but we're helping his recovery from injury?
    I thought he looked ok in his brief appearances with us.
  • JamesSeed said:

Anyone know whats the latest on Leon Best? I guess he won't be back, but we're helping his recovery from injury?

This.

If fit he would be useful as an Impact player.
  • Richard J said:

JamesSeed said:

This.

If fit he would be useful as an Impact player.
    Listed as a free agent. The club did the decent thing and kept him on the books until fit after the injury.
  • I saw on Sky last night that Peterborough have bid £500k for Charlie Wyke.....
  • http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16344901.charlton-boss-discusses-rovers-pursuit-of-patrick-bauer/?ref=mr&lp=19

Comments on here make funny reading, looks like they need a mod for their message board only a daily paper after all.
  • Few tweet quotes (for those who dont have access to Twitter) from Cawley

Lee Bowyer says that #cafc just waiting for an answer from a CM they are after. Loan one he alluded to last week doesn't sound any closer, if it is even still on.

Bowyer also said no truth to links to Bury midfielder Stephen Dawson. #cafc

Plus Simon Dawkins will be playing against Welling: https://t.co/d6cNO2BPkl
  • Sounds like a free agent CM if we're just waiting for them and nothing else. Not sure it would be put out in the open like that if they were still attached to a club.
  • edited July 2018
    No sensible player would join us unless they have bee out injured for some time (Dawkins) or are out of contract & in dire need of money.....which wont happen until the season starts & the players themselves see it a game of musical chairs & they don't want to be the last one standing. This usually means getting an unfit & injury prone twunk like Reeves.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Wimbledon have today signed Wordsworth from Southend ! The Dons 3rd signed in as many days!
  • uie2 said:

Wimbledon have today signed Wordsworth from Southend ! The Dons 3rd signed in as many days!

He might write a good poem but will he hack on a cold Tuesday night in Scunthorpe.
  • uie2 said:

He might write a good poem but will he hack on a cold Tuesday night in Scunthorpe.
    Obsessed with clouds and buggering off with long walks I've heard, let em have him. I much prefer to have faith in Roland anyway!
  • uie2 said:

Never really maintained the form that made him a standout player at Colchester

uie2 said:

He loved the beauty of the Lake District, so the Kingstonian ground will be a bit of a come down!
  • He wandered lonely as a cloud. Izale McLeod.
  • From July 2015

sammy391
    July 2015
    we've made a bid for Clément Lenglet - The Nancy Centre back.
    http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-asse-charlton-fait-une-offre-pour-lenglet-asnl196778

Just joined Barca.

And put 265m release clause in contract. Wow
  • From July 2015

sammy391
    July 2015
    http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-asse-charlton-fait-une-offre-pour-lenglet-asnl196778

Just joined Barca.

Would have been Charltonised had he come to us - didn’t we end up with Naby Sarr instead??
  • From July 2015

sammy391
    July 2015

Just joined Barca.

Would have been Charltonised had he come to us - didn’t we end up with Naby Sarr instead??
    Think so
  • Darren pratley and Josh Cullen linked today ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben Amos on a season long loan looks to be a done deal.

We could also be losing Jake Cooper to Rangers for around £3.5m as Stevie G looks to bolster his squad.

Thankfully we brought in Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe earlier in the window.
  • edited July 2018
    FAVADDICK said:

Darren pratley and Josh Cullen linked today ??

Pratley is only 33 and played a fair bit in the Championship, would add experience to a young midfield.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/west-ham-midfielder-and-ex-bolton-wanderers-man-both-in-the-transfer-mix-for-charlton-athletic/

We could also be losing Jake Cooper to Rangers for around £3.5m as Stevie G looks to bolster his squad.

How's Cooper suddenly worth over £3m, considering Reading were happy to let him go a year ago?
  • £3.5 million also sounds like quite a lot of money for Rangers to stump up ?
  • Fosu must be worth at least that. Reading gave him away.

How's Cooper suddenly worth over £3m, considering Reading were happy to let him go a year ago?
    Jaap Stam being a very poor judge of a players ability, I'd imagine. Also the fact that, I believe, he's got a release clause around the £3.5m mark.

Cooper was immense for us last season. At 6'7" he's a huge threat at set pieces and I for one would be gutted if he went as can see him moving to the Premiership after another good season with us.

All that said, Sean Hutchinson was the stand out performer in our defence last year.
  • I can see that. They also gave away Dominic Samuel to Blackburn who did well last season.
  • Josh Cullen would be a quality signing.
  • Moo said:

Fosu must be worth at least that. Reading gave him away.

Reading didn't give him away. They had no choice - Fosu was out of contract and declined the offer of a new contract, which meant Reading were entitled only to a development fee.

Jaap Stam being a very poor judge of a players ability, I'd imagine. Also the fact that, I believe, he's got a release clause around the £3.5m mark.

Cooper was immense for us last season. At 6'7" he's a huge threat at set pieces and I for one would be gutted if he went as can see him moving to the Premiership after another good season with us.

All that said, Sean Hutchinson was the stand out performer in our defence last year.
    Bit bizarre for an unknown defender to have a £3.5m release clause in the first place...